• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Different keyboards for cover screen and main screen?

Search This thread

m_w_clarke

Feb 17, 2011
Hi,

I would like to use a T9 keyboard as my cover screen keyboard, as if I use a QWERTY it's so dang hard to type correctly, even with auto correct.
It's fine for the main screen inside.

Does anyone know of a way to use two keyboards (or a keyboard that has T9/QWERTY as an selectable option?)

taranfx

May 23, 2010
Mountain view, CA
geeknizer.com
I'm also looking for similar solution but for switching between qwerty. I want samsung keyboard on folded and gboard on internal.
Bixby routines dont support changing keyboard but may be automate/tasker can run scripts?
there is adb command to change default keyboard.
"adb shell ime set ID"
*ID can be obtained from "adb shell ime list"

Flubster

Sep 15, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Logcat Entry
DisplayFoldController
isLidFolded=true

When folded

And isLidFolded=false when unfolded.

Use it to set a variable which you can use to check when changed to set a keyboard using default_input_method in secure settings.

Last edited:

Proday

Sep 19, 2010
Is it possible to make same layout (qwertz btw) in inner and outer screens?! Im gona crazu becouse of high backspace position?!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I use tasker to achieve this, also to set a specific keyboard to a specific app depending on the status of the fold. (Hacker keyboard for terminal / termux app if unfolded etc)