• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

digi locker in rooted phone ..... possible?

Search This thread

ashwinkabbinahalli

Feb 9, 2013
Realme 2 pro
The best way to use all bank apps and other apps which check for root is to download safety patch from magisk download section and install it. Once installed, reboot>now hide the app in magisk hide.
If it still doesn't work, Hide Magisk manager in settings, it actually renames itself to something else.
This will definitely work

kqixs

Jun 25, 2017
Actually, hiding it in magisk, before opening the app, works fine
So if you've app Installed then reinstall it, and before opening it hide it in magisk(using magisk hide procedure), then it should work

RanjanJain

Jul 22, 2012
Finally got this working on 1 phone. That is Android Pie based Resurrection Remix on Asus X00TD.

1. Rename Magisk Manager to some other name. I used default suggested name "Manager".

2. Now open this Manager (Magisk Manager) and hide magisk from all google play services (there will be some 10 services starting with com.google.android.gms.* and com.google.android.play.*).

3. Now install Digilocker from Play Store or download it from Apkpure.com.

4. Install it normally BUT DONT OPEN IT.

5. Open Manager (Magisk Manager) and hide magisk from digilocker also.

6. Open Digilocker and login.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Finally got this working on 1 phone. That is Android Pie based Resurrection Remix on Asus X00TD.

1. Rename Magisk Manager to some other name. I used default suggested name "Manager".

2. Now open this Manager (Magisk Manager) and hide magisk from all google play services (there will be some 10 services starting with com.google.android.gms.* and com.google.android.play.*).

Working fine on Android 10 based Havoc 3.4 on RedMi Note 7 Pro (Violet).

Magisk version in both case is latest (Magisk 20.4 20400, Magisk Manager 7.5.1 (267)(7)).

Digilocker working after restarting the phone also.

Note: Asus X00TD mentioned in previous post is Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 6GB model.

Bharanidharan

Jun 23, 2013
Chennai
Hello guys,

I'm using OnePlus 8 Pro magisk rooted.

I have solved this problem using lucky patcher. First of all enable hide SuperSU in magisk for digilocker. And from lucky patcher, select digilocker and clear data.

Then open digilocker. It worked for me.

kapilrtn

Jan 30, 2012

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Working fine in S9+ (G965F) ALEXIS ROM 1.7 ETH1

mandhir.s.bajwa

Sep 19, 2011
New Delhi
LG G8X ThinQ

Magisk version in both case is latest (Magisk 20.4 20400, Magisk Manager 7.5.1 (267)(7)).

Note: Asus X00TD mentioned in previous post is Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 6GB model.

Thank you so much, Followed your steps and it finally worked for me too. (LG V30+)

Rehaan07

Oct 26, 2018
Editing shared_prefs.xml works.

Just add FALSE b/w the line ROOT STATUS/ like this.
=FALSE=
And save the changes.
That's it.
It's now working in my phone . ?

Prathamesh 27

Mar 14, 2018
Yeah thanks it worked for me
Don't use luckypatcher. I did it by first making sure digilocker detects root then hiding magisk manager, then hiding the digilocker app from magisk, then going into /data/data/com.digilocker.android/shared_prefs/digilocker_pref.xml and then removing the `ROOTED_RESULT` entry altogether. Now, it works like a charm!

Havoc os 4.1 Android 11 Magisk v 22

mightyskull

Nov 12, 2016

Thanks @RanjanJain
Works now. Several months later.

meelhk2001

Jun 29, 2021
Pls try this method... It works for my one plus 3 with latest magisk... Goto root/data/data/com.digilocker.android/shared_prefs. There you'll find a file called digilocker_pref.xml. Edit the file and change the line 'ROOTED_RESULT>true to false... Save it... Reboot the device and now you can open the app... Enjoy...
change 'ROOTED_RESULT' to 'znk9toDXSBNfrLpzKIMVfw=='
Also you can try magisk hide + change magisk package name and then reinstall app.(this worked for me)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bro, i am from india as well.
    Digilocker is included in paytm. You need not install it seperately.
    I am also facing same issue with Hdfc bank's new app. Magisk is unable to hide root from it.
    Here, in xda, i have come to know about island app.
    Will try, and let you know about my experience.
    Why are you trying to use magisk hide, just change the name of magisk in setting, the app will not able to know if device is rooted , I have done that and banking app are working now. So try changing the name of magisk.

Magisk<setting<general<hide magisk manager

Didnt work.

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Sorry to bother you,
    But could you please try this on your phone?
    It's hdfc app (written "new" in the logo).
    Working for me, here is the screenshot of app.
    I found the solution for this problem.

You can install Digilocker on any rooted phone.

Install the app Island from Playstore by @oasisfeng

And install Digilocker App on the island created by this app.
    Island is nothing but Work Profile.

I find this app very very helpful.

There are a lot of things you can do with this app.

Believe me, you never knew you needed this app and will find very useful.

I use Truecaller also with this app.
    Launched this app on island.
    After changing the name of magisk, clean the data of app, so it will work.