Digiland Android Tablet Root Anyone?

Search This thread

b3bluesman

Apr 23, 2013
Denton, TX
I just picked up the Digiland DL700D tablet the other day for 50 bucks and I actually enjoy it but was wondering if anyone knows the rooting method to this device because I've looked everywhere online and can't find anything.

Sent from my DL700D using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ctp3410

R0B1N H00D

Jul 13, 2014
Athens GA

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
I just picked up the Digiland DL700D tablet the other day for 50 bucks and I actually enjoy it but was wondering if anyone knows the rooting method to this device because I've looked everywhere online and can't find anything.

Another potential root option would be to try the towelroot apk, which can be found here.

Reactions: ShapesBlue

Pazaz

Feb 18, 2014
itspazaz.com
Saw this thread a few days ago, just thought I should let you know that I personally own one of these tablets and I got it rooted today (I did it manually using adb push and adb shell). Just mild curiosity, did yours come pre-rooted over adb? I wasn't expecting mine to (even though root access was only available through adb... until now ;)).

Screenshot_2014-07-22-05-47-33.png

Last edited:

iComputer7

Jul 31, 2014
Saw this thread a few days ago, just thought I should let you know that I personally own one of these tablets and I got it rooted today (I did it manually using adb push and adb shell). Just mild curiosity, did yours come pre-rooted over adb? I wasn't expecting mine to (even though root access was only available through adb... until now ;)).

Screenshot_2014-07-22-05-47-33.png

Please tell me how you rooted your tablet! I have been looking all over the internet and I found this thread.

iComputer7

Jul 31, 2014
I FINALLY GOT IT! I used Kingo Root to finally root my tablet. This automatically installs SuperSU, but you have to update the su binary before root will work. Norton says this is virus free. (It might say that you are already rooted, just ignore that.)
Link:
kingoapp. c o m/android-root/download.htm

Last edited:

dcan123

Aug 18, 2014
:eek:Towelroot and one click root don't work
i have just root my dl 700b i had to use vroot, but took it off cause it had some Chinese stuff i did not understand, so i uninstalled it, once i did that i tried kingo root and it worked, for some reason, it came out and said it was pre root so if i wanted to root it. so those two will work vroot and kingo will defiantly work, also i used cyria compactor for a kurio 7s if anyone is curious to root one of those. hope this helps out and it was my first time rooting.:D:D:D

theroadrunner

Oct 3, 2013
thanks for finding this root. by the way this tablet is garbage. Has anyone figured out why it wont stay connected to wifi?

ShortCircuit2188

Aug 24, 2014
Digiland root

I have one as well and one of the d2 series, if you go into the settings and scroll down to "About Tablet" and look at build number you will find "test keys" what that meens is it is already rooted. I found that out when i got my d2. Unfortunately I still have yet to find any aftermarket ROMs or drivers for it. I hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 07:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

thanks for finding this root. by the way this tablet is garbage. Has anyone figured out why it wont stay connected to wifi?

It's not total garbage, you jest have to take off all the bloat wear that's shipped with it and shut down some of the auto start apps that you don't need. As for the WiFi disconnecting when the screen is off, you can change that with android tuner.

Ross2Fast

Aug 18, 2014
I tried to use vroot and kigoroot neither worked then I used towel root v2 but it says its v1 and it said it rooted my device ,but root checker still says it not rooted so I went into setting and low and behold it has test keys in the build so y won't root checker recognize my prerooted/towelrooted device and how do I update my binaries when su keeps failing my device is a dl700d with kit Kat 4.4.2

Last edited:

Ross2Fast

Aug 18, 2014
Finally I got my DL700D rooted thank you root genius worked with in like literally 30 seconds rebooted my device it self then installed kinguser for me then , I went to root checker and BAM congratulations your device is rooted! And none of your guys advice worked muahahaha!!! Mods on the way!!! Real Racing 3 ,Modern Combat 4, Gangstar Vegas, Ravensword prepare your self's for the sickest modding generic Chinese tablet you have ever seen! I've conquers the digiland!:silly:

xynobis

May 18, 2013
Rooted successfully for DL700D
1. install driver after connecting via usb to PC http://adbdriver.com/downloads/
2. downloaded kingo ROOT
3. opened kingo root and clicked "root again" (said it was rooted but that was false
4. device rebooted and installed supersu
5. root confirmed

now...anyone know any mods or good overclock software that works with it? thx in advance

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Digging Deep into this tablet

DL1010Q

so far I have ,
    Root, SuperSU
    Backed up / Dump Rom, DD
    TTL mod, Direct connection to board.
    Battery mod Removed old 5000mAh , installed dual 6000 mAh
    heat-sink for better cooling.
    Finally, after many, many hours of try and error, i got to root the DL1010Q with the latest update. I am not sure this process will work for everyone, since I'm not sure it was just one piece of Software that did the trick, or it was something related to all the tools and manuals methods used, but just in case, this may help someone.
    I got to root the tablet with iRoot (the new version of vRoot). I used a standard ADB driver. The biggest complication seems to be when buttons with text in Chinese start showing in the tablet screen. There seem to be 2 options, apparently one accepts the root and the other doesn't, so you should probably try twice, just in case. It install something similar to SuperSu, but in Chinese, and very annoying (The icon is something similar to a multicolor ring). You can later install superSu and uninstall the chinese version.
    Hope this helps, good luck with your rooting!
    I FINALLY GOT IT! I used Kingo Root to finally root my tablet. This automatically installs SuperSU, but you have to update the su binary before root will work. Norton says this is virus free. (It might say that you are already rooted, just ignore that.)
    Link:
    kingoapp. c o m/android-root/download.htm
    Rooted successfully for DL700D
    1. install driver after connecting via usb to PC http://adbdriver.com/downloads/
    2. downloaded kingo ROOT
    3. opened kingo root and clicked "root again" (said it was rooted but that was false
    4. device rebooted and installed supersu
    5. root confirmed

now...anyone know any mods or good overclock software that works with it? thx in advance
    I just got one of these lately and found how quickly I could root it. I shy away from automatic tools like those magic-one-click-root applications; I do things the manual way. A lot of this has to do with the fact that I use Linux.

My DL701Q is still at the stock build number (A86V_v003; custom build 1411098861). I read about the dire results that come from accepting the update, so I did not apply it. All the same, the manual technique I used might turn out to be able to root an upgraded DL701Q.

I found what I should have done first by trial and error. A lot of this process follows the same steps that Koush's Superuser recovery-mode installer (superuser.zip) uses in its own installation script. ClockworkMod recovery is not available on this device, but now we make that not matter so much. Here are the basic steps I would follow if doing this with a fresh unit. There is no need to get into recovery mode or the boot loader: all of this with the device powered up the normal way.

1. Be sure you have a way in. All of this works because adb shell gives you root access. If that is still true with the upgraded device, you should be in luck.
    a. Be sure that you have the Android Software Development Kit (SDK) installed and the proper USB drivers for the SDK. (On Linux, there is no need to install separate drivers.)
    b. Allow USB debugging. If you don't already have the developer options enabled on the phone, go to settings, select About Tablet at the end of the menu, look for the Build number entry, and tap it seven times. Yeah, really. You should see a message indicating that the developer options are enabled. Now press the back button and press the Developer options entry that is now visible. Enable USB debugging on this menu (about 40% down the menu).
    c. Plug in the USB cable between the device and your computer. At a command prompt, enter the command
    adb shell
    You'll likely get a message like "Please check the confirmation dialog on your device." Yes, look for that dialog and press OK. Now run the adb shell command again.
    d. You should now get a prompt that looks like this:
    [email protected]:/ #
    If that's what you see (especially with a # instead of a $), you're good. If the prompt ends in a dollar sign, you'll have to look for another way to get rooted.

2. Download a fresh version of Busybox. I *really* try to stay away from random download sites, so I'm glad to see it's easy to get Busybox directly from the source. Look to
    http://busybox.net/downloads/binaries/latest/ for a listing of Busybox binaries (pardon the lack of clickability of the URL; the policy of this bulletin board is less than reasonable). Select the one you need. For the Digiland DL701Q, that one is busybox-armv7l. (If you're reading this and you have some other device, enter this command at the adb shell prompt:
    cat /proc/cpuinfo
    and look for the line labelled Processor. The version of Busybox you download should correspond to your processor.)

3. Make the system partition writable. Type in this command at the adb prompt:
    mount -o remount,rw /system

4. Put Busybox onto the phone. In a second command prompt window, change to the directory where you downloaded Busybox and run this command:
    adb push busybox-armv7l /system/xbin/busybox

5. In the first command prompt (where you have the adb shell running), run these three commands. These get busybox set up on your device:
    cd /system/xbin
    chmod 755 busybox
    busybox --install -s /system/xbin

6. Get the latest superuser.zip directly from the ClockworkMod web site. This is the URL: http://download.clockworkmod.com/superuser/superuser.zip

7. Using your second command-prompt window, unzip the superuser.zip file into some convenient working directory (preferably empty). I don't know what kind of hoops you might have to go through on your OS, but in Linux this command would do it:
    unzip superuser.zip -d some/empty/directory

8. In the second command-prompt window, switch to the armeabi subdirectory of whereever you unzipped superuser.zip. This directory contains the su binary for the Digilink device. Run this command to copy it to the device:
    adb push su /system/xbin

9. In the first command-prompt window (with the adb shell prompt), run these commands to be sure that su will work properly:
    chown 0:0 /system/xbin/su
    chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su
    chattr -i /system/xbin/su

10. Set up the script that starts the su daemon that Superuser needs.
    a. Run these commands in the second command-prompt window (where the files from superuser.zip are):
    cd ..
    adb push install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

b. Run these commands in the first command-prompt window (the adb shell):
    chmod 755 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
    touch /system/etc/.installed_su_daemon

11. You're almost done. Install Superuser.apk (the main Superuser application). There are two ways to do this. Do only one of these:
    a. The normal installation way. Enable Installation from Unknown Sources (under the Security item in the Settings menu) and then run this command at the second command prompt:
    adb install Superuser.apk
    b. This is the cheat method that superuser.zip uses without needing Unknown Sources. At the second command prompt, run this command to copy Superuser.apk to the device:
    adb push Superuser.apk /system/app/
    Then in the first command-prompt window run this command:
    chmod 644 /system/app/Superuser.apk

12. Now restart your tablet and look for the magic. When it comes back up, Superuser should start and be happy and applications needing root access should be able to get it.

I'm dying to know if this will work with the firmware upgrade that's getting pushed.