Digital Watch Faces

Search This thread

Tweh

Oct 25, 2012
After messing around with the different faces I don't think I like the analog watch faces. They are cool, but the resolution on the watches aren't at the level that makes them great. In the other hand, the digital faces look better at times IMO. So far I've been using My Time and WatchMaster and they have some cool options. But WatchMaster seems to be higher quality of digital.

If anyone has come across some high quality digital faces I'd definitely appreciate the info.

bckrupps

Sep 24, 2010
try knight blade. it's digital and analog though but has every bit of info you need displayed in high resolution. for that style of watch its hard to beat.

Outbreak444

Dec 16, 2013
I'm in the same boat. I came from the 5.11 Field Ops Watch and loved the way it looked. Now I have this smartwatch and the only downside so far is the lack of digital faces available that don't look like a $20 watch from the store or have too much stuff that makes it look crowded.

Tweh

Oct 25, 2012
I'm in the same boat. I came from the 5.11 Field Ops Watch and loved the way it looked. Now I have this smartwatch and the only downside so far is the lack of digital faces available that don't look like a $20 watch from the store or have too much stuff that makes it look crowded.

Exactly. They finally made a shell on the S3 that doesn't look like a watch from a Disney gift shop. I'd like some legit options for faces

fgr

Mar 1, 2008
Overland Park, KS
Agreed.

Less would be more if you ask me. 99% of the time, I'll be using this for a watch. I'm more interested in the time/date, notifications and battery status. I don't need every function the watch is capable of crammed on one screen! lol

When I want to track steps/heart rate/etc, I launch the app.

Reactions: Jeshter2000

Tweh

Oct 25, 2012
Agreed.

Less would be more if you ask me. 99% of the time, I'll be using this for a watch. I'm more interested in the time/date, notifications and battery status. I don't need every function the watch is capable of crammed on one screen! lol

When I want to track steps/heart rate/etc, I launch the app.

Ditto

bckrupps

Sep 24, 2010
I use one at work called simple led. probably my favorite for work. simple but really nice. also the stock watchface gear dashboard. as a third option Z5, fourth option one up. how is that for starters lol

fgr

Mar 1, 2008
Overland Park, KS
Hey guys,

Samsung has free software called "Gear Watch Designer". You can make your own watch faces. A little tricky to use, but read the help and watch the tutorials. While playing around I made this watch face. Has a simple battery indicator in the center the date and some dial indicators I threw in there.

This one is the same when its on full or dim. I'm going to have to spend some time practicing making faces, but it looks like it's not too bad. Uploading to the watch requires some quick registering with Samsung, but no big deal.

I'd like to have a count of how many notifications there currently but I couldn't figure that one out yet. Changing colors and such is kind of hard too. I had to edit the pngs to get the colors on the battery indicator (turns yellow and then red as it gets lower).

Attachments

• com.watchface.MyWatch_161125235907.png
    com.watchface.MyWatch_161125235907.png
    87.5 KB · Views: 887
Last edited:

zhsv

Feb 16, 2011
I have some digital faces on Galaxy Apps (search by name "Sergey Zhdanov"), maybe it would be interested: checkout video and pictures on g+.

Fill free to request coupones by email (send on [email protected] name of face and your country, it required by store)

AnimalFaceS3.png

Style1.jpg

12519434_965894760161003_869239222_n.jpg

countdown.png

Last edited:

leskole

Dec 13, 2016
Tesla Coil

After messing around with the different faces I don't think I like the analog watch faces. They are cool, but the resolution on the watches aren't at the level that makes them great. In the other hand, the digital faces look better at times IMO. So far I've been using My Time and WatchMaster and they have some cool options. But WatchMaster seems to be higher quality of digital.

If anyone has come across some high quality digital faces I'd definitely appreciate the info.

Maybe you would like this analog watch face

This is watch face that I made with GWD

Tesla Coil is watch face made in honor of 160 anniversary
from the birth of one of the greatest inventor who ever lived, Nikola Tesla.
Without his inventions the world as we know it today would not exist.

Tesla coil is an invention that Tesla used to wirelessly transmit energy more
than 100 years ago, and besides, it can produce man made lightning.
This invention has found application only now in the wireless transmission of energy for charging batteries
over short distances. Gear S2 and Gear S3 have inside them small Tesla coils.

Features of watch face:

- Animated lightning indicate hours.
(numbers are represented as neon tubes that turn on and flash just as thay would be lighted up wirelessly near real Tesla coil)
- Minutes are represented by a voltmeter that measures the voltage in millions of volts (which a large Tesla coil can easily produce)
- Seconds are represented by a ammeter that measures the amount of current in Amperes
- Battery power is represented by the power of electricity.
- Watch face also have date in format Month/Day/Year

Gear S2 has Always-On mod in the form of a functional analogue clock.

Gear S3 has a Always-On mod similar to standard mode which is modified to save battery power.
Also battery power is replaced with a digital display of minutes.

Gear_S3_Frontier_P1.png

Gear_S3_P1.png

Gear_S2_P3.png

Gear_S3_Frontier_Aon.png

Last edited:

S1CAR1US

Apr 8, 2016
Hey guys, here is a kinda all in one digital watch face. It should be posted in the next couple days, in final certification process right now. The bottom grid has a lighting animation and then the heart rhythm ekg line thingy actually does its thing too, all really smooth and cool looking. Probably the best face ive seen yet when it comes to interactive digital with animations.

IconImage_20161217052345038.png

Top Liked Posts