Dirty Unicorn Roms Oreo 8.1

Search This thread

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I like it but I used it on my old Xperia z ultra few years ago. I think that was CyanogenMod based with lot of customisation.

It was never cm based. That is one of the reasons many use it. They also dont add options just for the point of them. Those are called kitchen sink roms. They just throw every option they can into the rom. Without any worries about stability or anything else. You also have to keep in mind that everything starts all over again every OS update.

Reactions: theduke7

vikram.mohal

It was never cm based. That is one of the reasons many use it. They also dont add options just for the point of them. Those are called kitchen sink roms. They just throw every option they can into the rom. Without any worries about stability or anything else. You also have to keep in mind that everything starts all over again every OS update.
Ok sorry I wasn't knew that. But awesome ROM.

C-3OP

Feb 20, 2018
On the DU download page there are also gapps for download. I had no problems with these gapps (BeansGapps....). Everything is fine.

C-3OP

Feb 20, 2018
Since the sRGB mode is still missing in DU12 and other Magsik sRGB modules did not really work, I have created a Magisk module that activates the sRGB mode.
I packed the same settings into a Magisk module the app 'Kernel adiutor' uses for the sRGB mode, and the result is alright for me.

Attachments

• Magisk-sRGB-for-OP3(T).zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

洛城天使

Apr 1, 2013
Since the sRGB mode is still missing in DU12 and other Magsik sRGB modules did not really work, I have created a Magisk module that activates the sRGB mode.
I packed the same settings into a Magisk module the app 'Kernel adiutor' uses for the sRGB mode, and the result is alright for me.

can you make a advanced alert slider settings magisk module s ? really need the vibration option for it

C-3OP

Feb 20, 2018
can you make a advanced alert slider settings magisk module s ? really need the vibration option for it

I´m Sorry, that's beyond my ability, I´m still learning. To make the sRGB-module was a relatively manageable thing. A Slider module seems to me to be a lot more complicated...

Last edited:

Againstt

Apr 10, 2017
Linköping
Thats awesome! :) Do you think a simular module for dci-p3 is posible?

C-3OP

Feb 20, 2018
Thats awesome! :) Do you think a simular module for dci-p3 is posible?

Hm, difficult to say if that works, let's try it. You can also see it badly, the difference to the default is not as big as the sRGB mode, it seems somewhere in between.
The module only sets the value to 1 for sys / devices / virtual / graphics / fb0 / DCI_P3
For the sRGB mode, it was not enough to just change the value of / sys / class / graphics / fb0 / srgb, because it needed several other commands. So I can not say if it's that easy this time ...

Attachments

• Magisk-DCI_P3-for-OP3(T).zip
    5 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Againstt

Againstt

Apr 10, 2017
Linköping
Hm, difficult to say if that works, let's try it. You can also see it badly, the difference to the default is not as big as the sRGB mode, it seems somewhere in between.
The module only sets the value to 1 for sys / devices / virtual / graphics / fb0 / DCI_P3
For the sRGB mode, it was not enough to just change the value of / sys / class / graphics / fb0 / srgb, because it needed several other commands. So I can not say if it's that easy this time ...
Yeah it should only need that switch to work properly (I think). Tested and works great for me, thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Everyone,
    As we are aware about Dirty Unicorn Rom & Now we have there RC build which is based on android 8.1.
    I have personally tested it for a complete day , Battery backup and performance wise thats a great Rom.
    Interested one can visit this page and give a try.
    https://plus.google.com/+AlexCruz/posts/99hzQ57M9az

Supported device : Oneplus 3 , 3T , 5 , 5T.

First Look and review:
    If you would read the posts, you would know that they don't want people to post anything about DU on XDA.
    So what do you think about it?

Not much. Alex didn't like XDA's direction, which seems fair. Creates new site to recreate what once was, admin gets upset, escalates things. Too much drama for me.

I wholeheartedly agree with the "glorified tech support" thing though. It seems most people here can't even pull up proper logs when they have issues. "issue here plz fix o kind dev."

I think XDA has become more of a tech site instead of an actual developer website, albeit developers still post here. If you look at Dev's Base, it doesn't have the completely off topic posts that XDA does. Not saying its a bad thing that XDA does, it just seems Dev's base is a dev site not a tech site.
    IDK, the large majority of Dev's Base seems to not be there for "tech" stuff. Considering the current lead of the site, I doubt it will change either. Its possible though.

It's only possible to keep the site that way if it remains small or if they ban every new user that doesn't know enough.

Looking at their G+ page and at what some DU users ask here on XDA, it's clear not everyone is a genius. Allow normal users to create accounts and install your fancy ROM and then you have a typical XDA thread with dumb questions.