Dirty Unicorn Roms Oreo 8.1

Search This thread

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
But their site says I should be able to dirty flash if coming from a previous version.

That doesnt mean it will always work. Mainly with the new setup they started using a month or so back.

Also dirty flashing is never advised nor are bug reports accepted if you do dirty flash. So I would get into the habit of clean flashing every single time.

C-3OP

Feb 20, 2018
Maybe there are problems with the gapps, I have no problems with the gapps from the DU download page. Also no problems with dirty flashs.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Maybe there are problems with the gapps, I have no problems with the gapps from the DU download page. Also no problems with dirty flashs.

He is running an update from January. Before they made the change for user builds. They even told everyone that it would need a clean flash. But then again people want to be lazy so the devs just sit back and laugh when they have issues with a dirty flash.

C-3OP

Feb 20, 2018
OK, i have made clean flashs with the latest BeansGapps at the beginning of march and on 30.3. after the RC build, to the weeklys always dirty flashs, that has always worked ...

rsafford

Dec 15, 2010
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
He is running an update from January. Before they made the change for user builds. They even told everyone that it would need a clean flash. But then again people want to be lazy so the devs just sit back and laugh when they have issues with a dirty flash.

I was running the March 23 version.

I just tried a clean flash and got the same result.

If your site tells people to dirty flash and you laugh at them, there is something wrong with you.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

I just tried with no gapps. still can't get past the boot screen.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
I was running the March 23 version.

I just tried a clean flash and got the same result.

If your site tells people to dirty flash and you laugh at them, there is something wrong with you.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

I just tried with no gapps. still can't get past the boot screen.
You are giving it enough time to boot right? Normally about 3 or 4 minutes. Sometimes longer. Maybe a bad download.

From your first post it looked like you said You were on the January build.

rsafford

Dec 15, 2010
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
You are giving it enough time to boot right? Normally about 3 or 4 minutes. Sometimes longer. Maybe a bad download.

From your first post it looked like you said You were on the January build.
I know how to flash a ROM and boot my phone. The problem is with DU. I have been using the rc and weeklies since January, but the march 30 and April 6 releases just don't go past the spinning boot screen. I don't think its a bad download. They just made a change that my phone doesn't agree with.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
I know how to flash a ROM and boot my phone. The problem is with DU. I have been using the rc and weeklies since January, but the march 30 and April 6 releases just don't go past the spinning boot screen. I don't think its a bad download. They just made a change that my phone doesn't agree with.
Well then I will, have to say it's something with your setup. As others have it working as do I and I even build my own every day to test each commit. Maybe the gaps you use. A logcat will tell you just what is going on.

rsafford

Dec 15, 2010
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Well then I will, have to say it's something with your setup. As others have it working as do I and I even build my own every day to test each commit. Maybe the gaps you use. A logcat will tell you just what is going on.
I've tried opengapps, eziogapps, and no gapps. I'm not saying that du doesn't work. Just saying that there is a subset that it doesn't work for and I'm one of them

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
I've tried opengapps, eziogapps, and no gapps. I'm not saying that du doesn't work. Just saying that there is a subset that it doesn't work for and I'm one of them
Which really makes zero sense. No offense intended. There has to be something. Maybe the full, wipe (formatting system and data) is not working properly. Post it to the jira with a logcat. (the log is important as it will be ignored with out it) maybe the devs will be more help. Posting here really doesn't do much as DU has walked away from xda.

laupuy

Jul 26, 2015
dans tes 22
Google Pixel 3
All is good here: OP3 (ext4, encrypted, OpenBeta31)
dirty flash from latest weekly (wipe cache, dalvik, system), flash DU 12.1, Ezio gapps, kantjer's magisk 180406 with blu_spark twrp 8.61

Thanks DU :good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180407-070321.png
    Screenshot_20180407-070321.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 551
Last edited:

C-3OP

Feb 20, 2018
dirty flash from latest weekly (wipe cache, dalvik, system)

Just to clarify it for me, that (wipe system) is not a dirty flash, right?
Or is it a dirty flash if data is preserved and system is deleted?
I just install the new weekly (and magisk) without wipe and do the wipe dalvik/cache after the installation and restart.

Last edited:

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Just to clarify it for me, that (wipe system) is not a dirty flash, right?
Or is it a dirty flash if data is preserved and system is deleted?
The system partition is always deleted when you flash a rom. (at least the real roms and not winzip roms) Not wiping data is what is a dirty flash but devs never advise doing that due to data corruption and other issues.

Reactions: C-3OP

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
okay, thank you, 'something like that' I always thought.

Yeah if you look at the script as it is running, it formats the system partition. There are talks about making it do data as well by a few teams. To remove that majority of issues users have flashing. This way every rom update is as if the device is out of the box clean.

C-3OP

Feb 20, 2018
On the internet, there are many definitions of dirty and clean flash and some write of "remnants of the old installation", which can make problems. Therefore, I thought that a dirty flash overwrites only the old system, but if it is formatted anyway, with these remainders probably meant the data partition.
But with all theory, dirty flashing works for me anyway. (Never clean, always dirty! ;) )

rsafford

Dec 15, 2010
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I ended up decrypting and wiping out everything to start from zero. It boots now, but a couple of apps won't work after Google restored my backup. Namely Textra and Twitter. Any idea what's going on now?

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
I ended up decrypting and wiping out everything to start from zero. It boots now, but a couple of apps won't work after Google restored my backup. Namely Textra and Twitter. Any idea what's going on now?

You may have to wipe the app data. I have never had any luck with google restoring stuff. It always seems to be corrupted. So I stopped doing it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Everyone,
    As we are aware about Dirty Unicorn Rom & Now we have there RC build which is based on android 8.1.
    I have personally tested it for a complete day , Battery backup and performance wise thats a great Rom.
    Interested one can visit this page and give a try.
    https://plus.google.com/+AlexCruz/posts/99hzQ57M9az

Supported device : Oneplus 3 , 3T , 5 , 5T.

First Look and review:
    If you would read the posts, you would know that they don't want people to post anything about DU on XDA.
    So what do you think about it?

Not much. Alex didn't like XDA's direction, which seems fair. Creates new site to recreate what once was, admin gets upset, escalates things. Too much drama for me.

I wholeheartedly agree with the "glorified tech support" thing though. It seems most people here can't even pull up proper logs when they have issues. "issue here plz fix o kind dev."

I think XDA has become more of a tech site instead of an actual developer website, albeit developers still post here. If you look at Dev's Base, it doesn't have the completely off topic posts that XDA does. Not saying its a bad thing that XDA does, it just seems Dev's base is a dev site not a tech site.
    IDK, the large majority of Dev's Base seems to not be there for "tech" stuff. Considering the current lead of the site, I doubt it will change either. Its possible though.

It's only possible to keep the site that way if it remains small or if they ban every new user that doesn't know enough.

Looking at their G+ page and at what some DU users ask here on XDA, it's clear not everyone is a genius. Allow normal users to create accounts and install your fancy ROM and then you have a typical XDA thread with dumb questions.