Dirty Unicorns - Has anyone tried latest Weekly ?? 30th June ???

Search This thread

vasu97

Jun 27, 2017
ahmedabad
This thread is also behaving like other du threads when they started ! Better to keep up to date with du discussion thread only which is available in this same guide and news section !:good:

Better to close this thread otherwise people will start war about du by discussing useless points:eek: and main thing?

DU IS SO GOOD AND BEST ROM FOR ONEPLUS 3 WHY YOU ALL GUYS MAKE ANY CHANCE TO REMOVE DU DEVELOPMENT FOR ONEPLUS 3 ?:cool:

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
No war will happen. Not if people are smart and want to avoid being banned. You dont shut down topics, you just remove the trouble users.

I wont get into the whole story all over again. The bottom line is that like many teams, they were on XDA and now they are not and are exclusive to another site.

In the end. Does it matter why? No not really and to be honest it is no ones business as to why. It is the way it is.

I will leave with this final thought. The sense of entitlement is one of the biggest issues. People thing that android is open source. Which is a mistake. Android is under the apache license. Which states that once a dev uses the code themselves for their own project then they own that code and it is theirs to do with what they wish. Heck they could nuke their whole github and no one could say anything really.

As for support. This device is still supported and will be for a while.

Reactions: vasu97

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK
OnePlus One
OnePlus 2
If our wishes include things we can not control, we will be disappointed.

We can not control what people say about our work or were they talk about it. A certain degree of criticism is to be expected, we will receive suggestions, the assholes will be present and the noobs will do their thing too. This will happen when we create a ROM, when we run a business or, tl;dr, when we do something.

A developer is free not to create an official thread here and to ask that his public links don't get posted on XDA, but if the future of your ROM depends on that, then stop wasting your time because that's not going to happen. I don't like Facebook and want people to stopping sharing "my" links there, but that's not something I can control... it's an annoyance, but I'm not going to close my website because of that.

Something we all need to understand: Links are part of the internet, they are made to be shared, they will be shared and you cannot change that.

Yes, there are lot's of wrong things with the android community. Users asking the same question over and over, users that think that they are entitled to something, users that don't even use the search before asking something, users creating offtopic... but this happens even on DU's G+ page. Yes, it's bad, but that's what happens when something goes "mainstream". Accept this and you'll have lot's of users, or create a walled garden were you control everything that is said and were only experts are allowed use your work. Developers are free to choose, but they can't have both, sorry.

There's wrong things with some devs too, many are not prepared to receive criticism or suggestions. Just because someone tells you that there's something wrong or that could be improved, it doesn't mean that that person is a self entitled piece of crap trying to attack you or your work... You don't have to agree or implement the suggestions, you can even ignore all the negative stuff, but don't expect only compliments about what you're doing. This is true for everything we do, online and offline.

Regarding XDA and DU, I believe that XDA is dealing with threads like this the way they should, after all there's nothing illegal or morally wrong with these threads. If they did something else, like banning users, then it would be a sign that it was time to move on to another place.

While I don't agree with the "share links and we drop support" thing, I hope DU returns to this forum in the future and that XDA works towards that. After all they create a very good ROM and users would benefit if they return.

Last edited:

Renosh

Aug 2, 2014
If our wishes include things we can not control, we will be disappointed.

We can not control what people say about our work and we or were they talk about it. A certain degree of criticism is to be expected, we will receive suggestions, the assholes will be present and the noobs will do their thing too. This will happen when we create a ROM, when we run a business or, tl;dr, when we do something.

A developer if free not to create an official thread here and to ask that his public links don't get posted on XDA, but if the future of your ROM depends on that, then stop wasting your time because that's not going to happen. I don't like Facebook and want people to stopping sharing "my" links there, but that's not something I can control... it's an annoyance, but I'm not going to close my website because of that.

Something we all need to understand: Links are part of the internet, they are made to be shared, they will be shared and you cannot change that.

Yes, there are lot's of wrong things with the android community. Users asking the same question over and over, users that think that they are entitled to something, users that don't even use the search before asking something, users creating offtopic... but this happens even on DU G+ page. Yes, it's bad, but that's what happens when something goes "mainstream". Accept this and you'll have lot's of users, or create a walled garden were you control everything that is said and were only experts are allowed use your work. Developers are free to choose, but they can't have both, sorry.

There's wrong things with some devs too, many are not prepared to receive criticism or suggestions. Just because someone tells you that there's something wrong or that could be improved, it doesn't mean that that person is a self entitled piece of crap trying to attack you and your work... You don't have to agree or implement the suggestions, you can even ignore all the negative stuff, but don't expect only compliments about what you're doing. This is true for everything we do, online and offline.

Regarding XDA and DU, I believe that XDA is dealing with threads like this the way they should, after all there's nothing illegal or morally wrong with these threads. If they did something else, like banning users, then it would be a sign that it was time to move on to another place.

While I don't agree with the "share links and we drop support" thing, I hope DU returns to this forum in the future and that XDA works towards that. After all they create a very good ROM and users would benefit from their return.

While I understand that you mean well. Please edit the post where you shared links for the sake of people who want to keep using the ROM and avoid drama. DU left nothing we can do about it, I don't use the ROM personally but I'm aware about their 'rules' and XDA has nothing to do with them at the moment so the legality or morality of these threads may be within this sites rules. But it may jeopardize continued support for DU users so remove the links. It's fine to disagree but not at the expense of others

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can download it from their official website.

Tried it yesterday, its a nice ROM with a lot of features but some things are done better in Omni, that pushed me to go back to it. Not a comparison question so won't give specifics.

Doesn't pass safety net by default like most ROMs. Button lights on for min of 5 secs, some minor issues with Swift Black theme in Application LED section and launcher. Stock camera app is AOSP camera very barebones. Battery life seemed good and it's snappy.
    In my opinion it's the best AOSP based ROM. Also the boot is as fast as on OOS.
    I see that some users keep inventing new forum rules to control what we share here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Let's fix that.

- DU's website
    - DU's download server
    - DU's Google+ Page
    - XDA's discussion thread

Oh, and no, the device will not be dropped from the supported list because we share public links on a discussion thread.
    No war will happen. Not if people are smart and want to avoid being banned. You dont shut down topics, you just remove the trouble users.

I wont get into the whole story all over again. The bottom line is that like many teams, they were on XDA and now they are not and are exclusive to another site.

In the end. Does it matter why? No not really and to be honest it is no ones business as to why. It is the way it is.

I will leave with this final thought. The sense of entitlement is one of the biggest issues. People thing that android is open source. Which is a mistake. Android is under the apache license. Which states that once a dev uses the code themselves for their own project then they own that code and it is theirs to do with what they wish. Heck they could nuke their whole github and no one could say anything really.

As for support. This device is still supported and will be for a while.