Disable 2 cores for the s810

Search This thread

QuantumShqipe

Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2017
London
Considering the fact that every s810 phone out there has over heating issues apart from the one plus 2 because time was actually spent on that phone would it be possible to disable 2 or even 1 core(s) on the s810 to get rid of the heating issues or can that only be done by Sony:confused:. You must think i am stupid but hey oh i am just uncomfortable with all the heat i don't mind a bit of performance loss when i know my phone does not feel like its being barbecued.

QuantumShqipe

Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2017
London
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z5/general/tweak-improve-performance-reduce-t3387879

I use this work from rytekk on mm and nougat it is flawless, you have control over cores annytime above 30% battery, if below then z5 takes over...

Oh... Stock roms tested ?

Thx for the reply but could you possibly elaborate further what do you mean because I have installed this before in the sense it would make it faster but not disable 2 cores or under preforming like just tell me what I have to do with this so I can underclock / disable 2 cores

stipi69

May 25, 2016
Ptuj
youtu.be
Thx for the reply but could you possibly elaborate further what do you mean because I have installed this before in the sense it would make it faster but not disable 2 cores or under preforming like just tell me what I have to do with this so I can underclock / disable 2 cores

I dont know the whole science about thos but i folowed the manual, pushed these file in correct folders and rebooted... I use kernel aduitor, app that alpows me to disable or enable cores as i choose ( except if phone is thermal throttling or battery below 30%) now i go to workf iy dou don't do it till evening i can at least telly you how i did it step by step...

Reactions: QuantumShqipe

QuantumShqipe

Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2017
London
I dont know the whole science about thos but i folowed the manual, pushed these file in correct folders and rebooted... I use kernel aduitor, app that alpows me to disable or enable cores as i choose ( except if phone is thermal throttling or battery below 30%) now i go to workf iy dou don't do it till evening i can at least telly you how i did it step by step...

Oh ok makes more sense so lemme get this straight copy the filez to system etc then reboot. Then go onto kernel auditor and turn off cores of my choice as it's enabled them?

stipi69

May 25, 2016
Ptuj
youtu.be
Ok i have those files renamed and ready at my dropbox, just copy them in /system/etc

Make sure to backup original files...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ue4bbik61aair9u/AADLznjHZzmExXbiSnZ_iTkra?dl=0

Now reboot

And if you want total control rename thermal-engine.config to:
thermal-engine.configdisabled

Reboot

Now you have control over cores, again if battery above 30% or ifphone is not thermal throttling

It allso takes some knowing in kernel aduitor if you wish i can screenshot my settings

I allso sugest some good cpu governors tp make the mpst of it, you have some in androplus kernels for marshmallowi think, not sure for nougat, and you can allso add then manualy

Last edited:
Reactions: QuantumShqipe

QuantumShqipe

Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2017
London
Ok i have those files renamed and ready at my dropbox, just copy them in /system/etc

Now reboot

Reboot

Now you have control over cores, again if battery above 30% or ifphone is not thermal throttling

It allso takes some knowing in kernel aduitor if you wish i can screenshot my settings

I allso sugest some good cpu governors tp make the mpst of it, you have some in androplus kernels for marshmallowi think, not sure for nougat, and you can allso add then manualy

yh thanks would be appreciated to see your settings but i copied the files from the post i will try yours now but the one from the post gave me no control over kernel auditor, however a friend told me it can be done via kernel and odex..? if you know this way please explain if not i will try the configdisabled thing and see if that works thanks again

stipi69

May 25, 2016
Ptuj
youtu.be
Sory to hear that, i guess it comes up to all factors than annyone can forsee... Best i could do with those files and with greenify was super cool phone almost no drainage, but when working ( if so choosen) it was a performer and yes... Scorched hot :)

If you wish to have good nougat rom flash xz2 rom from xnoob, leave /system/etc as is, change nothing i am amazed how cool it runs and how great it performs... Battery life best till now for me, But do a clean install,

Last edited:

crono9977

Sep 20, 2015
An easy way to reduce heat is to adjust hotplugging thresholds for the big cores (you'll need root of course). You can do that easily through Kernel Adiutor in the CPU Hotplug settings. Lower the "minimum cpus big" and raise the "busy up threshold". If you really don't want your big cores on just set busy up threshold to 100 or something.

I personally have mine set to 0 minimum and 87 busy up threshold. You'll need to make an extra adjustment to get 0 minimum big cpus to stick, otherwise it will revert back to the default of 1. (note: I'm on the latest stock rom)
Also, setting your cpu governors to interactive and fine tuning the parameters will further reduce heat.

crono9977

Sep 20, 2015

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180413-164000.png
    Screenshot_20180413-164000.png
    111.9 KB · Views: 104

QuantumShqipe

Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2017
London
Sory to hear that, i guess it comes up to all factors than annyone can forsee... Best i could do with those files and with greenify was super cool phone almost no drainage, but when working ( if so choosen) it was a performer and yes... Scorched hot :)

If you wish to have good nougat rom flash xz2 rom from xnoob, leave /system/etc as is, change nothing i am amazed how cool it runs and how great it performs... Battery life best till now for me, But do a clean install,

Yh lol thanks but I have installed the xz2 Rom and yh it was quite good but I was trying to eliminate the heat whilst the good performance oh well but anyway I kinda need those files from the xz2 because mine our kinda messed up now it would be appreciated if you sent me them via Google drive mega mediafire etc so I can redownload those files and not the whole rom thx :)

stipi69

May 25, 2016
Ptuj
youtu.be
An easy way to reduce heat is to adjust hotplugging thresholds for the big cores (you'll need root of course). You can do that easily through Kernel Adiutor in the CPU Hotplug settings. Lower the "minimum cpus big" and raise the "busy up threshold". If you really don't want your big cores on just set busy up threshold to 100 or something.

I personally have mine set to 0 minimum and 87 busy up threshold. You'll need to make an extra adjustment to get 0 minimum big cpus to stick, otherwise it will revert back to the default of 1. (note: I'm on the latest stock rom)
Also, setting your cpu governors to interactive and fine tuning the parameters will further reduce heat.

thanks for explaining, it will help me further tweak my phone as i like :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z5/general/tweak-improve-performance-reduce-t3387879

I use this work from rytekk on mm and nougat it is flawless, you have control over cores annytime above 30% battery, if below then z5 takes over...

Oh... Stock roms tested ?

Now reboot

Reboot

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone