• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Themes / Apps / Mods Disable "Adaptive refresh rate" Miui

Search This thread

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
Attached below is a magisk module that entirely removes the app in charge of refresh rate switching...

Best fix you will find.

Anything else like set prop, clearing data , going to developers options to disable logging or disabling the app in question are all useless.

( As long as the app remains - on every boot phone pulls it's libraries into system and those libraries that it pulls control whether the display will revert to 60 hz when you lift your finger. They are also taxing af on the phone resources... I suspect that Miui Casanova that's being shared around owns a huge portion of it's performance difference to the removal of this exact application. You just can't have any good performance if all you're doing is butchering the service in question and then leaving the system constantly trying to call on the app... )

Without this to achieve the same results you'd need to use DFE , decrypt the phone and mount system as RW before deleting the app. In the process of decrypting though you introduce a ton of instability to the device , I've noticed phone stuttering insane amount... most likely another twrp bug with decryption...

What might not work :

-Multitasking might be gone ... based on previous tinkering I've done the apps usually last around 10-20s in memory before they are killed. ( This can be fixed but don't expect it anytime soon. I suspect it's way more complicated and will require completely different mod. )

- Bootloop is always a possibility so keep the pc nearby in case you need to enter twrp to delete this module ...

When I have more free time I'll probably fix this further...

Please post below if you experience any bugs and what version of miui you're on!

Attachments

• Adaptive Refresh Rate is a Joke v2.zip
    10.9 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
Version 2 is out lol.

This time it disables refresh rate for good - no longer does the phone go back to 60hz even when you're not touching the screen!

This is the best you can do untill I'm able to figure out how to disable adaptive refresh rate without having to remove the app entirely 🥲

Reactions: Vuska

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
Anyone using this lol?

Does it work for you?

I'm currently facing some issues lol

Trying to figure out what exactly causes this to stop working in fresh installs of miui...

For some reason if you apply this fix straight after mi flash the phone will after entering doze / rebooting few times revert back to enforcing 60hz when not touching screen.

Will try waiting few days before applying this to let it "settle" first...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Version 2 is out lol.

This time it disables refresh rate for good - no longer does the phone go back to 60hz even when you're not touching the screen!

This is the best you can do untill I'm able to figure out how to disable adaptive refresh rate without having to remove the app entirely 🥲