Question Disable camera zoom lock?

Search This thread

Riyal

• Dec 16, 2011
    Iloilo City
    Hi guys! Just wanna ask if there's any way to disable the zoom lock feature of the s21 ultra? While I appreciate the stability it offers, that same stability sometimes causes a hindrance to zoom photography. When the object I want to shoot is not centered adjusting the phone slowly won't move the viewfinder at all. And continually moving it just makes the viewfinder jump away of the target.

Riyal

• Dec 16, 2011
    Iloilo City
    Doesn't the lock only work if you press on it?
    How I wish it only did that. However the camera AI determines the subject and autolocks to it in 3 seconds. The main problem I'm encountering here is that it autolocks even if the subject is not centered and I can't for the life of me fix that unless I move the camera until the target is out of the viewfinder.

Riyal

• Dec 16, 2011
    Iloilo City
    Beyond 10x it's just digital zoom anyway, you may as well take the photo at 10x and crop from there.

I know how to work with photos. Sadly what you said is not true. Try taking moon shots for example. I would like to see the same amount of details shooting at 70x vs 10x to prove what you say is true.

Maddmatt

Aug 10, 2010
    I know how to work with photos. Sadly what you said is not true. Try taking moon shots for example. I would like to see the same amount of details shooting at 70x vs 10x to prove what you say is true.
    Haven't tried the moon yet but anything beyond 10x just looks too blurry to be of any use to me. I suspect the moon is an exception due to unique image process for the "moon shot".

amar9535

Sep 27, 2012
    Haven't tried the moon yet but anything beyond 10x just looks too blurry to be of any use to me. I suspect the moon is an exception due to unique image process for the "moon shot".
    Here's a picture I took of the moon(edited in snapseed)
    20210222_172743-01.jpeg

Here's the original
    Screenshot_20210304-024034_Gallery.jpg

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone