Disable find my device administrator account.

Search This thread

Darnrain1

Jan 2, 2018
USA
STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damages caused to your phone. Use this mod at your own risk there is no warranty or guarantee.

This is a Magisk Module t to disable find my device account administrator. You should also manually turn off find my device on your phone. The script runs on boot and then exits out of memory. Taking up no cpu power or ram in the background.

I have updated the Magisk Module to work with Magisk 20.4 or higher.

How to install?
Just flash in Magisk.

Requirements:
Root
Magisk v20.4 or higher
Delete manual install before installing the Magisk Module "/data/adb/service.d/
disablefindmydevice.sh"

Manual Install, unzip and take the service.sh file and rename it and copy it to "/data/adb/service.d/" and change file permissions to 0755 reboot.

You may not need root, you can just enter the adb command.

adb shell pm disable com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.mdm.receivers.MdmDeviceAdminReceiver

Attachments

• Disable-find-my-device-Magisk-v2.1-Module.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

User699

Feb 28, 2021
Hello all I made a shell script to disable find my phone at login. I don't use it and it just takes up memory. I have an Lg v20 but this should work on any android phone.

You have to have root access also must have Magisk. You need a file manager I recommend Root Explorer or Solid Explorer

Place shell Script in

/data/adb/service.d

Change attributes to 755

Enjoy....
Your script says
#!/system/bin/sh
sleep 100
pm disable com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.mdm.receivers.MdmDeviceAdminReceiver
pm disable works perfectly fine without root if you use adb.
You won't need root, Magisk or any root file manager.

Darnrain1

Jan 2, 2018
USA
I have the lgv20 and when I used pm disable it always comes back when i restarted the phone. I am happy it worked for you. thank you for letting me know some may not need root to make this tweak work.

Last edited:
Reactions: User699

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes that is true but you would not be able to make it persistent across reboots.
    Oh, I see. On my Xiaomi, stock Android 10 it was persistent, but maybe that's different with lg.
    I have the lgv20 and when I used pm disable it always comes back when i restarted the phone. I am happy it worked for you. thank you for letting me know some may not need root to make this tweak work.