• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide disable force encryption(DFE) for Poco F3(alioth) decryption Data

Search This thread

i23u8

Jul 24, 2015
Manila
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Theres an error 77 showing up, right after the line that says /tmp ready RW
I reinstalled arrow os(maybe flashing magisk first broke something), then reinstalled only dfe beta 2.5b after installing rom. I think it worked.

Attachments

• PXL_20210822_045549191.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210822_045549191.MP.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42

LeeGarChat

Jun 24, 2014
Xiaomi Poco F3
Telegram group maybe ?
Okey
support group Disable force encryption(DFE) for Poco F3 (alioth)

Reactions: mdfarazb2

LeeGarChat

Jun 24, 2014
Xiaomi Poco F3
What is this good for? Why do We need our device to be decrypted.

Flashed one custom ROM and put my device decrypted but flashed other and now I'm encrypted.
4. If you are encrypted, you need to do "Format data".

If you Decrypted and change the ROM, after flashing the new ROM, you need to flash the DFE again, you are also advised to do "Wipe Data".

If you are upgrading the ROM you need to flash the DFE again

Reactions: Sir_gpm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is this good for? Why do We need our device to be decrypted.

Flashed one custom ROM and put my device decrypted but flashed other and now I'm encrypted.

If you Decrypted and change the ROM, after flashing the new ROM, you need to flash the DFE again, you are also advised to do "Wipe Data".

decryptionData
    1. After flashing the ROM, you must make sure to inject TWRP, or install twrp ramdisk, or fastboot boot twrp.img, the bottom line is that you need to reboot into the reboot and not start the system
    2. Before flashing DFE.zip, you need to check if the system is RW, if you are sure that it is RW, you can skip this step 3-6
    3. We go into TWRP in it we mount the vendor section
    4. Next, go to the terminal and write, "mount -o rw, remount /vendor", press enter
    5. If nothing is written after execution, then the section in RW skips the next step
    Or you can flash the zip file, go to the backupFSTAB folder and compare the "original" and move_to_move, if the second one weighs less and it exists at all, then the patch worked (it is advisable to manually remove it, before flashing the DFE, for the sake of convenience for verification)
    6. If the terminal issued an error "/ dev / block / dm-3 'is read-only" or something similar, original and move to move are the same, then proceed to instructions 6.1-.6.3
    6.1. Download the systemrw archive
    6.2. flash in twrp, wait for the end of the process (you need about 10-12 free GB in memory)
    6.3. restart TWRP
    6.4 in the /data/
    local/tmp/
    systemrw_version/files/img section there will be a file after weighing about 8 gigs, you can delete it, or write a review, I will write automatic deletion in the DFE script
    7. You can flash DFE.zip, if you removed the encryption for the first time, then you need to do "format data", if you update the ROM, you need to repeat steps 1-7, when changing the ROM, it is advisable to do "wipe date"

p.s Works on official miui, xiaomi.eu, and custom, not all tested, I do not know about hentai, since TWRP is not put on it

Tested on DerpFest (30.07), Xiaomi.eu (21.7.28), SyberiaOS (30.07), Official MIUI EEA 12.5.3
    An example of how to flash

I have simplified patching for the end user as much as possible at the moment.

Instructions for ROMs based on MIUI (TWRP)
    1. Flash ROM_MIUI.zip
    2. Flash DFE_BETA_2.zip. Follow the instructions sent to the TWRP display.
    3. If you are encrypted, you need to do "Format data".

Instructions for "sideload" type ROM (TWRP / Recovery adb - PC sideload - "adb sideload ROM.zip) Has a payload.bin file inside the .zip archive
    1. Flash Custom_ROM.zip (with the "Inject recovery" checkbox, or after installation, do "install recovery ramdisk"
    2. Reboot TWRP (in case of flashing through a PC, flash a temporary TWRP (Fastboot boot twrp.img)
    3. Flash DFE_BETA_2.zip. Follow the instructions sent to the TWRP display.

Instructions for "Fastboot" type ROM
    1. Open update.bat in a text editor or equivalent for your Operating System. Or Flash_all_exept_storage in case of miui, delete the last line like "fastboot reboot"
    2. Run update.bat or use the mi flash tool in the case of miui, after selecting it to flash everything except the storage. At the end of the process, it will also boot into the temporary TWRP
    3. Flash DFE_BETA_2.zip. Follow the instructions sent to the TWRP display.

thanks for the Super RW patch https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/script-android-10-universal-mount-system-read-write-r-w.4247311/

Telegram support group Disable force encryption(DFE) for Poco F3 (alioth)

Download https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=18NrZhttbyF-dHjM3VdfZdcPVrkmTeT_l

Screenshot_2021-08-09-20-01-16-105_com.android.settings.jpg
    Sorry for my bad english, using a translator
    It actually flashes successfully in twrp and then just bootloops.

Btw, additional, works with mi-globe with stock kernel.
    As for the Arrow ROM, it's strange that the file becomes zero size when copied. and I have not yet understood what it is connected with. conducted tests yesterday. in some conditions it is zero size, in some it normally copies. no idea at all yet what this is connected with. in the latest version 2.4b there is still no check for zero size files. I will rewrite it on the weekend, I hope I will fix the installation in the ROM arrow
    sorry bro , the procedure is confusing , i ended up with stuck in splash screen , can you describe it properly?
    I'll record a video later for clarity
    The new guide still need to flash RW Patch for first time ?
    my DFE patch will tell you if you need to flash a separate SystemRW patch. in my patch there are commands to try to transfer memory to RW, but it does not always work. on the official miui does not work. need to flash systemRW, on xiaomi.eu my patch translates the system to RW