• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Disable Google Services + Helix + Elementalx= Profit

Search This thread

mookiexl

Mar 17, 2011
Gotta post this because I didn't think it was possible. So today I disabled google play service and the play store and a few other Google apps with titanium. I was already averaging about 8hrs SOT using helix engine and elemental kernal but then this happened:D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180909-003428.png
    Screenshot_20180909-003428.png
    155.4 KB · Views: 2,741
  • Screenshot_20180909-003440.png
    Screenshot_20180909-003440.png
    213.5 KB · Views: 2,765
  • Screenshot_20180909-003515.png
    Screenshot_20180909-003515.png
    168.8 KB · Views: 2,639
  • Screenshot_20180909-003923.jpg
    Screenshot_20180909-003923.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 2,645
Last edited:
Reactions: alkanaft

uodii

Dec 14, 2012
I've never heard of helix engine. What does it do?

Is it a replacement for Google play services? If not, crippling a smartphone to get good screen on time isn't very productive

mookiexl

Mar 17, 2011

Is it a replacement for Google play services? If not, crippling a smartphone to get good screen on time isn't very productive

Too each its own. You can download apps from several different outlets that are safe. The only apps I had to replace was messenger with textra and gmail with Nine. I exported my contacts from the contacts app as vcf and restored them to my phone memory. I use vance tube which is an upgrade over youtube. When i want to sync my photos I'll enable google service framework to backup photos. Everybody doesn't need a phone to automatically and intrusively do simple task such as sync for them. The phone seems to even run better without those background services running .

sruel3216

Nov 9, 2010
Gotta post this because I didn't think it was possible. So today I disabled google play service and the play store and a few other Google apps with titanium. I was already averaging about 8hrs SOT using helix engine and elemental kernal but then this happened:D
Nice. I installed helix. Never heard of it. How did you disable Google play services? Do I need the donate version? Thanks

kboya

Apr 25, 2010
Too each its own. You can download apps from several different outlets that are safe. The only apps I had to replace was messenger with textra and gmail with Nine. I exported my contacts from the contacts app as vcf and restored them to my phone memory. I use vance tube which is an upgrade over youtube. When i want to sync my photos I'll enable google service framework to backup photos. Everybody doesn't need a phone to automatically and intrusively do simple task such as sync for them. The phone seems to even run better without those background services running .

I'll be interested to see your results after a few weeks of use (including the photo backup phase).

CamoGeko

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Can't say I know much about Helix to trust it compared to microg and Elementalx...

hmm

Here is an explanation of what it does:

Helix Engine is an Accessibility Service which automates dynamic performance profile switching (battery/balanced/performance modes) to provide better efficiency, improve battery consumption and performance depending on your usage.

For premium users, it integrates the use of Machine Learning to automatically adjust each tunable to achieve the desired jank percentage (how smooth or laggy the user wants their apps to run).

TrumpCard

Jul 10, 2016
I'm curious what, if any, settings you have enabled for ElementalX. I installed it after the November update. I thought that I had pretty decent battery life with only using Helix Engine. Right now I'd imagine it's about the same.

I'm also curious if there are ways to disable some aspects of Google Play Services. I unfortunately still use some Google things due to my school account. I remember in the past threads for better battery life but that seemed like a real hassle.

DoR3M3

Feb 17, 2018
Portwenn
It just controls per app Cpu and Gpu speeds and governor settings. So I just set profiles to underclock less ram extensive apps I use a lot.

I was just trying to point out before, using something like a custom rom with microG, or a Google rom debloated and with microG and then a custom kernel, I wasn't really sure if this was going to be much of help, or worth bothering over.

If Helix was such a big thing, don't you think you'd see it everywhere? Thing is, it's not...

mookiexl

Mar 17, 2011
I was just trying to point out before, using something like a custom rom with microG, or a Google rom debloated and with microG and then a custom kernel, I wasn't really sure if this was going to be much of help, or worth bothering over.

If Helix was such a big thing, don't you think you'd see it everywhere? Thing is, it's not...

Lol gotcha

n0ve

Aug 1, 2012
Middletown, NY
After about 2 minutes of aimlessly speed reading to see what the hell this is I noticed there mean Opie developers page says in pulled how they're not they're working on this project any further so whatever this is was or can be God bless it

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can disable Google Play Services if you uncheck Find My Device and Google Pay as device admin privileges.
    @mookiexl what android you running?

I'd think that Pie + microg + Elementalx= Huge Profit Too... :)
    Can't say I know much about Helix to trust it compared to microg and Elementalx...

hmm
    It just controls per app Cpu and Gpu speeds and governor settings. So I just set profiles to underclock less ram extensive apps I use a lot.