Disable navigation bar with root

Search This thread

Blue-Haze

Nov 19, 2017
New York
Hello, how can I disable navigation bar with root?
I saw some videos sayning that installing ES File Explorer, and with the simple lines in build.prop (system) qemu.hw.mankeys=1 or ro.show.navigationbar=no would disable softkey forever. But it didnt happened here, anyone have some suggestion? :confused:

levone1

Dec 28, 2014
I saw some videos sayning that installing ES File Explorer, and with the simple lines in build.prop (system) qemu.hw.mankeys=1 or ro.show.navigationbar=no would disable softkey forever. But it didnt happened here, anyone have some suggestion? :confused:
If you're OK with immersive, use terminal with superuser, and type 'settings put global policy_control immersive.navigation=*', then reboot.

If you want to remove totally, decompile framework-res, go to /res/values/dimens.xml, and find 'navigation bar height' and change value to 0.0dip. You can also change 'navigation bar height landscape', to make sure it won't be there in landscape, but might be a good idea to leave it, in case you get stuck. Make sure you have a reliable navigation alternative...

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue-Haze

Blue-Haze

Nov 19, 2017
New York
If you're OK with immersive, use terminal with superuser, and type 'settings put global policy_control immersive.navigation=*', then reboot.

If you want to remove totally, decompile framework-res, go to /res/values/dimens.xml, and find 'navigation bar height' and change value to 0.0dip. You can also change 'navigation bar height landscape', to make sure it won't be there in landscape, but might be a good idea to leave it, in case you get stuck. Make sure you have a reliable navigation alternative...

Thanks for this information. First i have tried using a apktools app, but after all the process get boot looping in Sony's logo. After I tried to make from ADB, and I think I found the error. I cant recompile framework-res, after change values , can you help? I just change the values in dimens.xml, anything else. Dont need to sign, just recompile, right? It seens a easy process, idk what I did wrong...

Log Recorded By : Advanced ApkTool v4.2.0 By BDFreak

------------------------------------------------------

W: Could not find sources
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec: [aapt, p, --forced-package-id, 1, --min-sdk-version, 25, --target-sdk-version, 25, --version-code, 25, --version-name, 7.1.1, --no-version-vectors, -F, C:\Users\Thiago\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL17399877338264979009.tmp, -x, -0, arsc, -0, arsc, -S, C:\Users\Thiago\Desktop\1\3-Out\framework-res.apk\res, -M, C:\Users\Thiago\Desktop\1\3-Out\framework-res.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:477)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:411)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:310)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:263)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:227)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:84)
Caused by: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec: [aapt, p, --forced-package-id, 1, --min-sdk-version, 25, --target-sdk-version, 25, --version-code, 25, --version-name, 7.1.1, --no-version-vectors, -F, C:\Users\Thiago\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL17399877338264979009.tmp, -x, -0, arsc, -0, arsc, -S, C:\Users\Thiago\Desktop\1\3-Out\framework-res.apk\res, -M, C:\Users\Thiago\Desktop\1\3-Out\framework-res.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:440)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:463)
... 5 more
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec: [aapt, p, --forced-package-id, 1, --min-sdk-version, 25, --target-sdk-version, 25, --version-code, 25, --version-name, 7.1.1, --no-version-vectors, -F, C:\Users\Thiago\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL17399877338264979009.tmp, -x, -0, arsc, -0, arsc, -S, C:\Users\Thiago\Desktop\1\3-Out\framework-res.apk\res, -M, C:\Users\Thiago\Desktop\1\3-Out\framework-res.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:97)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:434)
... 6 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "aapt": CreateProcess error=2, O sistema não pode encontrar o arquivo especificado
at java.base/java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:90)
... 7 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, O sistema não pode encontrar o arquivo especificado
at java.base/java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
at java.base/java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)
... 10 more

Look with what i have tried:
https://www.xda-developers.com/modify-android-framework-values-privset/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM1T5oOf_pc
https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639400

levone1

Dec 28, 2014
Thanks for this information. First i have tried using a apktools app, but after all the process get boot looping in Sony's logo. After I tried to make from ADB, and I think I found the error. I cant recompile framework-res, after change values , can you help? I just change the values in dimens.xml, anything else. Dont need to sign, just recompile, right? It seens a easy process, idk what I did wrong...

Change values, recompile, then copy the original android_manifest xml and META-INF folder to the new apk. You can copy and paste just like a zip. Then move new file to framework folder, (file manager in recovery is best), and reboot.

Can't say for sure, but your apktool error might be indicating missing framework. Did you import framework-res and system ui?

I don't know if bdfreak tool has been updated recently... Personally, I use Apktool X on my phone - https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=673791459329059554 (link is for 64-bit version)

Last edited:

Blue-Haze

Nov 19, 2017
New York
Can't say for sure, but your apktool error might be indicating missing framework. Did you import framework-res and system ui?
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=673791459329059554 (link is for 64-bit version)

link me your framework-res if you need to...

No, i didnt import system ui, only framework-res.apk. Do I needed?

Here is the changes that I want to do (and the scrpits that I'm thinking I need to change to make it happens, on RED):

I - Change minimum brightness (intergers.xml)
<integer name="config_screenBrightnessSettingMinimum">5</integer>
<integer name="config_screenBrightnessSettingMaximum">255</integer>
<integer name="config_screenBrightnessSettingDefault">102</integer>
<integer name="config_screenBrightnessDoze">17</integer>
<integer name="config_autoBrightnessBrighteningLightDebounce">4000</integer>
<integer name="config_autoBrightnessDarkeningLightDebounce">8000</integer>
<integer name="config_autoBrightnessLightSensorRate">250</integer>
<integer name="config_autoBrightnessAmbientLightHorizon">10000</integer>
<integer name="config_screenBrightnessDim">5</integer>
<integer name="config_screenBrightnessDark">5</integer>

II Disable Nabigation Bar (in bools.xml and dimens.xml)
<bool name="config_showNavigationBar">false</bool>

<dimen name="navigation_bar_height">0.0dip</dimen>
<dimen name="navigation_bar_height_landscape">0.0dip</dimen>
<dimen name="navigation_bar_width">0.0dip</dimen>
<dimen name="navigation_bar_height_car_mode">0.0dip</dimen>
<dimen name="navigation_bar_height_landscape_car_mode">0.0dip</dimen>
<dimen name="navigation_bar_width_car_mode">0.0dip</dimen>

III Dislable LED on charging (integers.xml), here i think i need to change all colors to black, becase idk how to turn it off

<integer name="config_defaultNotificationLedOn">100</integer>
<integer name="config_defaultNotificationLedOff">6000</integer>
<integer name="config_notificationsBatteryLowARGB">#000000</integer>
<integer name="config_notificationsBatteryMediumARGB">#000000</integer>
<integer name="config_notificationsBatteryFullARGB">#000000</integer>
<integer name="config_notificationsBatteryLedOn">100</integer>
<integer name="config_notificationsBatteryLedOff">6000</integer>

Do you think that will be enough for my achievement? Hey I ll be glad if you can help me, or even tell me what I need to change!

Blue-Haze

Nov 19, 2017
New York
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=673791459329059554 (link is for 64-bit version)

No, i didnt import system ui, only framework-res.apk. Do I needed?

Here is the changes that I want to do (and the scrpits that I'm thinking I need to change to make it happens, on RED):

I - Change minimum brightness (intergers.xml)
<integer name="config_screenBrightnessSettingMinimum">5</integer>
<integer name="config_screenBrightnessSettingMaximum">255</integer>
<integer name="config_screenBrightnessSettingDefault">102</integer>
<integer name="config_screenBrightnessDoze">17</integer>
<integer name="config_autoBrightnessBrighteningLightDebounce">4000</integer>
<integer name="config_autoBrightnessDarkeningLightDebounce">8000</integer>
<integer name="config_autoBrightnessLightSensorRate">250</integer>
<integer name="config_autoBrightnessAmbientLightHorizon">10000</integer>
<integer name="config_screenBrightnessDim">5</integer>
<integer name="config_screenBrightnessDark">5</integer>

II Disable Nabigation Bar (in bools.xml and dimens.xml)
<bool name="config_showNavigationBar">false</bool>

<dimen name="navigation_bar_height">0.0dip</dimen>
<dimen name="navigation_bar_height_landscape">0.0dip</dimen>
<dimen name="navigation_bar_width">0.0dip</dimen>
<dimen name="navigation_bar_height_car_mode">0.0dip</dimen>
<dimen name="navigation_bar_height_landscape_car_mode">0.0dip</dimen>
<dimen name="navigation_bar_width_car_mode">0.0dip</dimen>

III Dislable LED on charging (integers.xml), here i think i need to change all colors to black, becase idk how to turn it off

<integer name="config_defaultNotificationLedOn">100</integer>
<integer name="config_defaultNotificationLedOff">6000</integer>
<integer name="config_notificationsBatteryLowARGB">#000000</integer>
<integer name="config_notificationsBatteryMediumARGB">#000000</integer>
<integer name="config_notificationsBatteryFullARGB">#000000</integer>
<integer name="config_notificationsBatteryLedOn">100</integer>
<integer name="config_notificationsBatteryLedOff">6000</integer>

Do you think that will be enough for my achievement? Hey I ll be glad if you can help me, or even tell me what I need to change!
PS: Linked System UI and Framework-res.apk https://www.mediafire.com/#8iazs3unkgcid

levone1

Dec 28, 2014
Mediafire line just takes me to Mediafire home page. Not sure why... You can probably just attach files to post...

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

Link just takes me to Mediafire home page. Not sure why...

levone1

Dec 28, 2014

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180201-124013.png
    Screenshot_20180201-124013.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 39
  • framework-res.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 12

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Change values, recompile, then copy the original android_manifest xml and META-INF folder to the new apk. You can copy and paste just like a zip. Then move new file to framework folder, (file manager in recovery is best), and reboot.

I don't know if bdfreak tool has been updated recently... Personally, I use Apktool X on my phone - https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=673791459329059554 (link is for 64-bit version)
    Mediafire line just takes me to Mediafire home page. Not sure why... You can probably just attach files to post...

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

Link just takes me to Mediafire home page. Not sure why...
    File to big to send without zip, here they are :)

Try this... For charging led, try GravityBox.