• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Disable navigation bar without root

Search This thread

Blue-Haze

Nov 19, 2017
New York
Hello, can anyone know if it is possible to disable, not just hide, navbar forever? Im trying to use just gestures navigation, but it s hard to find how can i disable navigation bar.... Can anyone help me? :confused:

levone1

Dec 28, 2014
Hello, can anyone know if it is possible to disable, not just hide, navbar forever? Im trying to use just gestures navigation, but it s hard to find how can i disable navigation bar.... Can anyone help me? :confused:

This says it can do it with adb - https://play.google.com/store/apps/...der&pcampaignid=APPU_1_vlhmWvjEC8z1kwWAvavYCg

If you are trying to do it without root or recovery or adb, I doubt it. There are a few apps that can hide it without root, but it won't be persistent, you'll have to keep resetting it.

Anyway, why not root?

Reactions: Blue-Haze

Blue-Haze

Nov 19, 2017
New York
This says it can do it with adb - https://play.google.com/store/apps/...der&pcampaignid=APPU_1_vlhmWvjEC8z1kwWAvavYCg

If you are trying to do it without root or recovery or adb, I doubt it. There are a few apps that can hide it without root, but it won't be persistent, you'll have to keep resetting it.

Anyway, why not root?

Hello, thank you for this quick answer! :)

Well, I rooted just one device, was a Xiaomi MI5, easy backup with TWRP and flashtool, and after installed Paranoid Android. But, root a Sony smartphone makes me insecure. I need to downgrade my update version, to backup drm key (to 34.1.A); and I dont even know if this backup is really enough to restore things like camera post process or x-really image. So I need to root, and after repair drm key to not lose some sony stuffs. So I m thinking that wouldnt be that easy. ADB for disable navbar would be the best and simple, but if i dont find other way, I ll try to root this phone. This is my first xperia, everyone says that there is "no going back" after root this device, losing warranty and a lot of sony softwares... What do you think about? is that hard or unsafe?

By the way, a tried this app (Navigation Bar Editor), but this only hide navibar, not disable it. If you touch bottom area to swipe a comand the navbar instant appears. But thank you for the suggestion. anyway If you can show me some videos or links that make root a simple ou at leat a safe process I can change my mind. Im not fluent, sorry if my english is confusing :)

levone1

Dec 28, 2014
Hello, thank you for this quick answer! :)

Well, I rooted just one device, was a Xiaomi MI5, easy backup with TWRP and flashtool, and after installed Paranoid Android. But, root a Sony smartphone makes me insecure. I need to downgrade my update version, to backup drm key (to 34.1.A); and I dont even know if this backup is really enough to restore things like camera post process or x-really image. So I need to root, and after repair drm key to not lose some sony stuffs. So I m thinking that wouldnt be that easy. ADB for disable navbar would be the best and simple, but if i dont find other way, I ll try to root this phone. This is my first xperia, everyone says that there is "no going back" after root this device, losing warranty and a lot of sony softwares... What do you think about? is that hard or unsafe?

By the way, a tried this app (Navigation Bar Editor), but this only hide navibar, not disable it. If you touch bottom area to swipe a comand the navbar instant appears. But thank you for the suggestion. anyway If you can show me some videos or links that make root a simple ou at leat a safe process I can change my mind. Im not fluent, sorry if my english is confusing :)

Obviously whatever you do has a risk and it's your choice. I personally didn't find it too hard, but it does take some time. MM ftf is here, (for one) - https://mega.nz/#!lx5lSCCI!KAddBZkiFyLNj87gxzs69475nFnTHQLNIlobZq4sKRQ - so make a backup, download ftf, download stock N from Xperifirm, flash MM, run ta backup tool, unlock bootloader, flash whatever you want after that. Then you can restored ta and relock bootloader, if you feel like you have to at some point...

Top Liked Posts