Disable 'Notify on Restriction' not working for mkdirs hook restriction notification

Search This thread

EngineerMind

May 5, 2007
I am running A10 on a Pixel 4a, and XPUA 1.27.

I added the mkdirs hook and configured it to turn on/off with the storage permission.

When I run an app that triggers this fif.file.mkdirs restriction notification, it will still show that notification even if I unchecked "Notify on Restriction".

Am I doing something wrong?

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S9
I am running A10 on a Pixel 4a, and XPUA 1.27.

I added the mkdirs hook and configured it to turn on/off with the storage permission.

When I run an app that triggers this fif.file.mkdirs restriction notification, it will still show that notification even if I unchecked "Notify on Restriction".

Am I doing something wrong?
By default the File.mkdirs hook ( by fif_ ) should only be set to 'enabled' and show up in logs of xprivacylua pro. It will only show up as a notification if there a error in applying the hook ( which can be turn off ). If it happens again check in xprivacylua and look at the app involved if it has a circle with ! in it, next to the hook category, it usually means it has failed to apply that hook.

EngineerMind

May 5, 2007
No circle at all - just a "fif.file.mkdirs Restriction" notification with "Notify on Restriction" off for this particular app.

Could it be a bug where the "Notify on Restriction" setting doesnt work properly for add-on hooks?

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S9
No circle at all - just a "fif.file.mkdirs Restriction" notification with "Notify on Restriction" off for this particular app.

Could it be a bug where the "Notify on Restriction" setting doesnt work properly for add-on hooks?
Could you post a screenshot of the notification.
I have test on two devices and all seen fine for me. On one device (Samsung S9) i get a notification "error" for stock file explorer whether notifications are on or off.
Tap on the notification it should take your to the app, it will show time restricted or error message ( cirlce with ! in it )
If your on 1.27 try updating to 1.30.
Also what app are you try to restrict. I don't have a Pixel 4a but if its a 3rd party app i could test it on my phone.
Will have to ask have you done any modification to the actually hook itself.

Last edited:

EngineerMind

May 5, 2007
Thank you for your responses :) Just give me a little time to get back to you on these questions - I just spent the weekend switching over to the pixel 4a and fixing all the gotchas. So I have to catch up on regular work first, then get back to this issue.