Disable OnePlus Launcher

Search This thread

RLM703

Nov 16, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Just sharing in case anyone has had the same experience as I. I've set Nova to be the default launcher and several times throughout the day i have to re-select which launcher i want to be default (oneplus or nova). I cleared data on oneplus launcher, removed all permissions including allowing control over system settings and location, both of which were reset back to allow without my input.

adb shell
pm uninstall -k --user 0 net.oneplus.launcher
This will break recents, see below for more. Try re-installing the launcher from the store, clear cache, reboot then set your preferred launcher.
This seems to stop the re-prompt that only some of us are experiencing. i'm running unlocked KB2005 if that makes a difference.

--- UPDATE ---
This broke recents for me. I reinstalled OnePlus Launcher from the google play store and recents still wasnt working. I eventually uninstalled it then reinstalled the system apk (/system/system_ext/priv-app/OPLauncher2/OPLauncher2.apk). I then updated via Google Play store and rebooted. I now have recents back and for about 12 hours now i have not had a re-prompt to specify which launcher i want as my main. Looking back, i probably could have just installed the launcher from the play store and just rebooted. It looks like a reboot is necessary to get recents working again (may need to clear cache on the launcher too).

Below is what i'm running with no issues with a re-prompt (so far):
Build: KB2005_15_200918
OnePlus Launcher: 5.0.1.1.201016174749.07a9106
Nova Launcher: 6.2.14 (BETA)

Last edited:

RLD831

Jan 9, 2013
I've been using Nova Launcher also and haven't had any issues with the phone trying to switch back to OnePlus Launcher.

mxair2001

Jul 19, 2011
Just sharing in case anyone has had the same experience as I. I've set Nova to be the default launcher and several times throughout the day i have to re-select which launcher i want to be default (oneplus or nova). I cleared data on oneplus launcher, removed all permissions including allowing control over system settings and location, both of which were reset back to allow without my input.

adb shell
pm uninstall -k --user 0 net.oneplus.launcher

Having the exact same issue and its driving me crazy that it wont keep the default that I set.

jaseman

Aug 27, 2012
Spring
OMG, I use Nova all the time....this better not be happening. I'm getting sick and tired of all the CRAP these OEM's are pulling lately.

amaroney55

Jan 6, 2019
Decatur
Blu Vivo XL
Project Treble
Ya I have had the same issue too. But I came to the conclusion to stick with the oneplus launcher. You can swipe down to get the shelf which actually is very handy if you have the Google action blocks and a house full of automated google compatible accessories. And I can. Still swipe right to get the Google feed.

llin

Oct 11, 2010
Try selecting the OnePlus launcher as the default home app then switchback to Nova. I had issues until I did this switcheroo.

jaseman

Aug 27, 2012
Spring
OMG, I use Nova all the time....this better not be happening. I'm getting sick and tired of all the CRAP these OEM's are pulling lately.

Received my phone yesterday...works great! :D
Might be the best OnePlus phone I've had so far. :p
Had the 6, and the 7 Pro, and now the 8T.
Using Nova and I have no problems at all! ;)
This phone replaced a Galaxy S20 FE that I sent back today. There's NO comparison in quality of the hardware and especially the software. :cool:

SirJargon

Jul 31, 2015
Memphis
I had same issues.

What worked for me was setting Nova launcher as default.

Then going into settings>system>accessibility and turning Nova launcher on. Haven't had the issue since.