• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Disable or uninstall MYfaves

Search This thread

scrannel

Aug 27, 2007
Will going into "testing" (like with mycut), selecting "phone information", pressing "menu", selecting "more", and chosing "disable data connection" stop the myfaves from pumping out data? Or, do you have to disable the APNs by renaming them (with a program like) APNdroid?

Thanks

Last edited:

fabolous04

Feb 10, 2009
well ima a tmo usa user ...and i installed the 1.41 rc33 update and now my myfaves icon is gone...anyone know how i can find it or reinstall it

borodin1

Jan 3, 2009
Minneapolis MN
What if JF puts in en extra line or 2 of code to make MyFaves check for provider before sending out a txt. If it's us t-mo - go ahead, send the message and if it's not - then no-no, keep it quite. Is that possible at all or would that be too much stuff to change? I know he tried to remove it and that did not work.

draz84

Mar 5, 2009
Hopefully JesusFreke can fix it somehow.
Since most of the themes are for RC33 it would be nice to be able to use that one. Myfav is sending my sms messages to 1987 and i do get charged for that so im kinda forced right now to use RC9

ohmer

Apr 12, 2009
Québec, QC
I'm using a T-Mobile G1 unlocked on the Rogers network in Canada. I have the phone for a few days and found this topic.

I tried to do a adb logcat to see my phone's log but didn't found anything relative to myfaves applications or sms sent. I see that myfaves app is installed in the "applications" menu when I go to the phone's settings.

I received the phone flashed with official RC33 OS but I have rooted the phone and installed JF 1.42-RC33 US version.

Is my phone sending SMS without my knowledge ?

Thanks for help!

Strapt

May 1, 2009
what are you guys talking about? so far i know its non-tmobile and something to do with myfaves and MMS due to not having myfaves. What version of what is this happening on?