• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Disable/remove systemUI completely from android build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ACME_CORPORATION

Oct 21, 2021
I building my custom AOSP and would like to remove or disable the systemUI completely.
I can achieve this using adb with "pm disable com.android.systemui" but I wonder if there is a way to disable it in the aosp build so that its automatically disabled already when flashing my own AOSP build.

Basically I want to include the "pm disable com.android.systemui" command in the build. Maybe in the init.rc file or something.

Thank you for any help!

T.C.Stockdale

Senior Moderator / Moderator & RC-RT Committees
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
I building my custom AOSP and would like to remove or disable the systemUI completely.
I can achieve this using adb with "pm disable com.android.systemui" but I wonder if there is a way to disable it in the aosp build so that its automatically disabled already when flashing my own AOSP build.

Basically I want to include the "pm disable com.android.systemui" command in the build. Maybe in the init.rc file or something.

Thank you for any help!

Technical discussion of Android development and hacking. No noobs, please. Device-specific releases should go under the appropriate device forum

Status
Not open for further replies.