Disable Sleep Mode On Fire TV Stick?

Search This thread

kokee

Nov 18, 2008
Hi,

I wondered if anyone could help me, Im trying to disable the 30 min sleep on my Fire TV stick as I need it to remain on a webpage 24hrs as a communication tool. I tried used the dolphin browser with the auto refresh but it crashes and I cant root the stick. I tried a stay awake app too which didn't work either, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
KoKee

deanr1977

Apr 17, 2011
lost somewhere.... Help
Hi,

I wondered if anyone could help me, Im trying to disable the 30 min sleep on my Fire TV stick as I need it to remain on a webpage 24hrs as a communication tool. I tried used the dolphin browser with the auto refresh but it crashes and I cant root the stick. I tried a stay awake app too which didn't work either, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
KoKee

Have you tried Tasker? That maybe able to do this for you? If it's not possible it maybe because you need root to stop the timeout? & root isn't possible via the fire stick

evertheoptimist

Mar 15, 2016
Tasker

Hi there I have the same problem with my Amazon fire TV box going in to sleep mode (black screen) where can I find and install tasker. Thanks in advance.:)

deanr1977

Apr 17, 2011
lost somewhere.... Help
Hi there I have the same problem with my Amazon fire TV box going in to sleep mode (black screen) where can I find and install tasker. Thanks in advance.:)
There is a trial version in the play store but if you have a rooted phone,tablet or what ever just buy it, it was one of the first apps I bought & have used it for years & is so useful, a little hard to use at first but well worth learning how to use it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

kokee

Nov 18, 2008
Updated my firetv stick and tasker doesn't work anymore :(, I have set it up again but no joy - anyone had success with any other app?

beechie100

Apr 8, 2016
that stops the screensaver but the firth will goto sleep with a black screen after 20/30 mins

You are right i posted a bit quick. But i have found that it will not sleep with certain apps for instance i played a hour long you tube mix of music and it never went to sleep but when i play a normal music app its sleeps.

rav0100

Apr 30, 2016
Have any of you guys been able to find a fix? i couldn't even use tasker as it wanted me to hit the + button but due to the limited functionality of the remote control which accompanies the fire stick, i cant even get down to it. is there anyway to prevent the fire tv stick from sleeping ? as i need it to display a website, constantly

rwreck

Nov 28, 2018
I'd like to share my work-around as of 2018. I install "Stay Alive" app on my fire stick and open it. After you open it, it will keep the screen awake. Keep in mind that it's a third party app, so you have to sideload it, it should be quite easy to google for a tutorial on how to sideload apps onto fire tv stick.

There are many other apps in the play store that claim to keep the screen alive, but in most of them it takes quite some navigation to set them up and navigation within third-party apps can be tricky using fire tv remote or app. Fortunately, Stay Alive has the right settings (keeping the screen alive forever) enabled by default, so just opening it does the job!

androidtvdevvv

Feb 4, 2019
Simple TV Display (No Sleep Webpage TV) - an app that helps solves the the original post. Lets you put in a webpage, set how often you want to refresh, and then shows the webpage while keeping it the screen awake

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
Use a program called Stay Alive! It will appear not to work and complain about google play services not being installed, but my launcher is always open after I turn my tv on in the morning now, with CEC enabled too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It looks like a late 2021 update changed how things work. The two ADB commands don't work anymore.
    These steps did.