Disable touch screen through ADB?

Search This thread

timhello

Jul 14, 2010
Portsmouth
Is there a way to disable the phone touch screen through ADB or whatever other method
I have a shattered screen and I'm trying to do a get my data out by connecting a usb mouse
but the digitizer is not completely dead so its still sensing touches
which make me cant really control the phone through the usb as its jumping around

Rooted,USB debugging enabled Xperia Z Ultra

akabhirav

Oct 5, 2011
Might solve it

Is there a way to disable the phone touch screen through ADB or whatever other method
I have a shattered screen and I'm trying to do a get my data out by connecting a usb mouse
but the digitizer is not completely dead so its still sensing touches
which make me cant really control the phone through the usb as its jumping around

Rooted,USB debugging enabled Xperia Z Ultra

I am not sure if this will work but you can try it :
Open adb shell an type touchpad- m bootloader

it might only work for one boot i.e it fixes after reboot

Once again I am not at all sure of it's output.

hunter005

May 28, 2016
Guys, finally I found by my self, after seach, without sucessfull by days and hours. There is not a universal method because each phone model has one different driver... so, many people will say to you type commands like "touchpad -m...." in adb, but, with me, the commands are not recognized, cause the different drivers.
So, what you have to do is download the Hardware Disabler apk, configurate it to scan the drivers in one of the three available folders, and try to find the driver by names displayed. After many tries I found. When check the checkbox, the driver will be disabled imedeatly, so, you could try one, by one. In my case, the driver was in /sys, the name was max1187x, displayed "sys/bus/ic2/drivers/max1187x/. When I checked the checkbox, imedeatly the ghost touchs disapeareds, after this, to confirm, I shearched in the google for max1187x and it says that this is a touchscreen driver. Guys, take a lot of care, cause your crazy touchscreen will click crazily in everything, and it could disabled a very important driver, like display, or usb port. I suggest you configure, before, the superuser apk to ask every action of the hardware disabler apk. When you do any change in the Driver Disabler, if you reboot the phone, after the boot, a popup will be displayed showing that you have 30 seconds to cancel the changes or accpept the new changes in the drivers, if you do nothing in 30 seconds, the changes will be applied. My phone is a Xperia Z Ultra, the driver of the touchscreen was the "max1187x", maybe another sony phones uses this touch. Now I use a mouse in OTG port (micro USB) to control my phone. GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:

zhuhang

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 3, 2011
Petaling Jaya
www.facebook.com
Guys, finally I found by my self, after seach, without sucessfull by days and hours. There is not a universal method because each phone model has one different driver... so, many people will say to you type commands like "touchpad -m...." in adb, but, with me, the commands are not recognized, cause the different drivers.
So, what you have to do is download the Hardware Disabler apk, configurate it to scan the drivers in one of the three available folders, and try to find the driver by names displayed. After many tries I found. When check the checkbox, the driver will be disabled imedeatly, so, you could try one, by one. In my case, the driver was in /sys, the name was max1187x, displayed "sys/bus/ic2/drivers/max1187x/. When I checked the checkbox, imedeatly the ghost touchs disapeareds, after this, to confirm, I shearched in the google for max1187x and it says that this is a touchscreen driver. Guys, take a lot of care, cause your crazy touchscreen will click crazily in everything, and it could disabled a very important driver, like display, or usb port. I suggest you configure, before, the superuser apk to ask every action of the hardware disabler apk. When you do any change in the Driver Disabler, if you reboot the phone, after the boot, a popup will be displayed showing that you have 30 seconds to cancel the changes or accpept the new changes in the drivers, if you do nothing in 30 seconds, the changes will be applied. My phone is a Xperia Z Ultra, the driver of the touchscreen was the "max1187x", maybe another sony phones uses this touch. Now I use a mouse in OTG port (micro USB) to control my phone. GOOD LUCK!

The problem is I cannot control the phone with the ghost touch happening now. How am i supposed to install the hardware disabler app???

zhuhang

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 3, 2011
Petaling Jaya
www.facebook.com
You may to use a usb mouse in otg port with a usb to otg adapter. Try to click faster then ghost touch o occurrencies. In my case, the ghost touch happened in a time intervals.

No wonder. Mine happen in milliseconds interval (spam)

What I did is open up the device and detach the touchscreen cable from motherboard, then use otg mouse to do all my backup.

After reconnecting touchscreen, the touch occurance reduces, so im thinking of trying your method.

But when i check the box for max1187x, my phone will reboot automatically. I think it doesnt work then.

hunter005

May 28, 2016
No wonder. Mine happen in milliseconds interval (spam)

What I did is open up the device and detach the touchscreen cable from motherboard, then use otg mouse to do all my backup.

After reconnecting touchscreen, the touch occurance reduces, so im thinking of trying your method.

But when i check the box for max1187x, my phone will reboot automatically. I think it doesnt work then.

Nice... My phone is too dificult to open, I saw that is not your case.
Your phone must have a different driver responsible for touch. You have to try one by one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.