• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Disable update notification on OOS 10.0.0

Search This thread

gonzule

Aug 17, 2010
Melbourne
Hi,

I am on OOS 10.0.1 and plan to downgrade to 10.0.0. I know that once i do that, i will get a constant reminder on my notification bar about updating to 10.0.1. Is there a way to disable that message from showing up? I tried blocking or disabling it from android's notification settings on my wife's phone as she is already on 10.0.0, but it says it can't be disabled.
Thanks!

shadowstep

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala
OnePlus 5
Hi,

I am on OOS 10.0.1 and plan to downgrade to 10.0.0. I know that once i do that, i will get a constant reminder on my notification bar about updating to 10.0.1. Is there a way to disable that message from showing up? I tried blocking or disabling it from android's notification settings on my wife's phone as she is already on 10.0.0, but it says it can't be disabled.
Thanks!
Yes, it's possible, but you'll have to be rooted with Magisk for that. I have a Magisk module that I use myself that spoofs the prop which the system updater reads. The prop is from the latest version of OOS, so the system updater will tell you you're on the latest version and won't have that nagging persistent notification. Let me know if you need it. :)

shadowstep

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala
OnePlus 5
Yeah, sound great! I have magisk so this will definitely come in handy. Thanks!
Attached with this post. :) Install the module, reboot, clear data of the System Update system app from settings, reboot, profit. You may have to check for an update for it to remove that notification (it'll remove it once it detects you're on the latest version).

Attachments

• OOS 10.0.1 Spoofer for OP5.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 3