Disable WiFi? ? ?

Barney22

Jan 12, 2021
heres how it works on my fire tv 4k

Thanks for your reply
Been using the Amazon firestick Lite(2020) so have bought Firestick Tv 4k (2018),
received it this morning and managed to disable wifi and then the Bluetooth but once bluetooth was disabled i lost ability to use the remote controller(must be operating off Bluetooth and not IR) . How can I control the use of the firestick without using the Bluetooth Firestick controller?

treboR2Robert

Jan 23, 2012
Thanks for your reply
Been using the Amazon firestick Lite(2020) so have bought Firestick Tv 4k (2018),
received it this morning and managed to disable wifi and then the Bluetooth but once bluetooth was disabled i lost ability to use the remote controller(must be operating off Bluetooth and not IR) . How can I control the use of the firestick without using the Bluetooth Firestick controller?
Yes the fire stick remote uses bluetooth, If you unplug the fire stick power and plug it back in bluetooth automatically turns back on and your fire remote will work again.
I use the TV remote which controls the fire stick with HDMI CEC.

You TV needs to support this ( most TV's do ) LG call it simplink, Sony call it BRAVIA Link or BRAVIA Sync, Samsung call it Anynet+ .

Some more info here.

It is enabled by default on the Fire Stick, but you can check it by going to settings, Display and Sounds, HDMI CEC.

Barney22

Jan 12, 2021
Yes the fire stick remote uses bluetooth, If you unplug the fire stick power and plug it back in bluetooth automatically turns back on and your fire remote will work again.
I use the TV remote which controls the fire stick with HDMI CEC.

You TV needs to support this ( most TV's do ) LG call it simplink, Sony call it BRAVIA Link or BRAVIA Sync, Samsung call it Anynet+ .

Some more info here.

It is enabled by default on the Fire Stick, but you can check it by going to settings, Display and Sounds, HDMI CEC.
Have 2 LG TVs with the newset being 2011 model both have Simplink on them which I activated but the remote control was unresponsive on both TVs. There is no option to turn auto power sync on ,unlike the more up to date Tvs .
Not sure if the Tvs I have are just too old to for HDMi-CEC to be compatable with
a firestick.

treboR2Robert

Jan 23, 2012
If they have CEC it should work no matter how old they are. I have a 2009 and a 2010 tv and it works on both of those fine.

Try different hdmi ports, different cables, double check settings on the fire stick and the tv ? dont know wat else to say really.

Barney22

Jan 12, 2021
If they have CEC it should work no matter how old they are. I have a 2009 and a 2010 tv and it works on both of those fine.

Try different hdmi ports, different cables, double check settings on the fire stick and the tv ? dont know wat else to say really.
Yes,they both have CEC on them so unsure whats going on, will have to re-check the HDMI ports. Since last posting have borrowed a Bush Tv from my son and the whole process you have described works a treat , have an RF monitor myself and
nothing coming off it . Have had to remove the batteries from the firestick controller otherwise it still lets off a signal and keep an eye on the Bluetooth coming back on on Quick settings ,which is no problem and am delighted to be
able to watch Tv using the firestick ,radiation free.
Appreciate all the advise you have given Robert , your system for turning it all off
is the only one I can see on the internet that works.