• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Disabled IR blaster on accident, maybe?

Search This thread

whitak3r

May 25, 2009
Been uninstalling stuff, freezing apps, stopping startup stuff. Well unfortunately my IR blaster stopped working. Had it set up for 2 different TV's. Is there some process that I may have disabled or something that caused this? I'm running Stock Rom Rooted SuperUser. I'm assuming there are quite a bit of things that I have done, but I don't know exactly what I did WHEN it suddenly stopped...

Some other things I have installed are
Xposed:
- XBlast Tools
- MoDaCo Toolkit 27
- SMS Xposed
- Swiftkey Goodness
ROM Toolbox

Other than changing those settings...

Other than these things, everything else has been unmodified, which isn't saying much because lots of options have been changed. I just don't see any option about IR blaster or anything, or even a process or anything....

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thank you!

xdadevnube

Jun 28, 2011
Been uninstalling stuff, freezing apps, stopping startup stuff. Well unfortunately my IR blaster stopped working. Had it set up for 2 different TV's. Is there some process that I may have disabled or something that caused this? I'm running Stock Rom Rooted SuperUser. I'm assuming there are quite a bit of things that I have done, but I don't know exactly what I did WHEN it suddenly stopped...

Some other things I have installed are
Xposed:
- XBlast Tools
- MoDaCo Toolkit 27
- SMS Xposed
- Swiftkey Goodness
ROM Toolbox

Other than changing those settings...

Other than these things, everything else has been unmodified, which isn't saying much because lots of options have been changed. I just don't see any option about IR blaster or anything, or even a process or anything....

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thank you!

Make a nandroid, then unfreeze everything and restart.
If that doesn't work, verify the IR blaster works if you do a clean reinstall of your ROM.

whitak3r

May 25, 2009
Make a nandroid, then unfreeze everything and restart.
If that doesn't work, verify the IR blaster works if you do a clean reinstall of your ROM.

Sounds good to me, I've looked at EVERYTHING else it looks to me. Trying to avoid a wipe, and I guess it just depends on how much I really want that remote, it is nifty :). Thanks for help I'll try it out and report back.

whitak3r

May 25, 2009
Sounds good to me, I've looked at EVERYTHING else it looks to me. Trying to avoid a wipe, and I guess it just depends on how much I really want that remote, it is nifty :). Thanks for help I'll try it out and report back.

Well me being stubborn, I figured it out. I feel somewhat dumb I guess.

Do NOT disable/freeze "CIRMODULE"
Apparently that is whats linked to the IR, hence, the IR... lol

Wasn't a whole lot on google when I looked for CIRMODULE, but apparently if your not all willy nilly with the freezing of apps/processes you will be alright. :)

Last edited: