• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Disappointment the Pixel 6

Search This thread

Nekromantik

Apr 1, 2010
London
Google Pixel 6 Pro
why do people keep going on about the Android system on the P6 series....ITS STOCK GOOGLE ANDROID!
Nothing to do with the hardware. You cannot gutantee that Samsung wont adopt these new features in its Android 12 updates in future. They may have more options then stock Google but google stock never has been as customizeable as AOSP or others

Reactions: zymphad

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
why do people keep going on about the Android system on the P6 series....ITS STOCK GOOGLE ANDROID!
Nothing to do with the hardware. You cannot gutantee that Samsung wont adopt these new features in its Android 12 updates in future. They may have more options then stock Google but google stock never has been as customizeable as AOSP or others
Because it's invariably one of its failings.
Fail to the core.
Eventually it may yield a good, functional OS but that is years away from now.
Samsung has their own cryptic inscrutable issues, but it will likely be another year or more until they are running hot again.

If it all takes 2-3 years... don't be too surprised.
MS has been on a losing streak since W7...

Reactions: PhilipL2021

darbylonia

Apr 30, 2011
New York
Good thing it wasn't WT 101🤣
Stability, functionality, speed and good battery life are all that matters. This "pu$$y" phone in my hand right now has all four, it's current load is over 1.5 years old with minimum maintenance/zero updates.
Yeah, I really hate it...
I hear you. I have my OnePlus 7 Pro in hand right now as I haven't been using my pixel 6 Pro. So we will see. But I know I'll never have a Samsung for the reasons I stated before. I may return the six Pro and go with the OnePlus 9 Pro or wait to see what's next. Whatever that is, it will be something with a development friendly community.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I hear you. I have my OnePlus 7 Pro in hand right now as I haven't been using my pixel 6 Pro. So we will see. But I know I'll never have a Samsung for the reasons I stated before. I may return the six Pro and go with the OnePlus 9 Pro or wait to see what's next. Whatever that is, it will be something with a development friendly community.
Yeah Samsung is sort of witchy and forget their tech support. The 10+Snapdragon is just fun and the build Q is excellent... right out of the box though it's a handful (not talking about size).

That's the beauty of competition; options and choices a plenty. Something for everyone.

Reactions: darbylonia

Evilmonstertruck

Jan 26, 2012
Colonial Beach VA
Coming from a S20 Ultra this is a great phone. Camera and screen are exquisite. The biggest thing I see that i really love is installing apps. It just flies through. It's kinda amazing. It will only get better with updates and feature drops

Reactions: ggrant3876

jasbur17

Sep 1, 2008
No complaints. Pixel 6 Pro is an excellent device.
BUT... After living with a smallish Pixel 5 for a year, I'm having a hard time getting back into BIG phones again.

Reactions: galaxys

Burt Squirtz

Feb 11, 2018
I am way more afraid of the NSA than Huawei....
I'm confused you would make this statement. China has an authoritarian surveillance state. They're trying to censor your every move, and unundate you with BS propaganda. They also have ridiculously sinister motives.

The NSA is also completely spying without recourse, And by no means not even remotely innocent , but they're essentially just filtering/monitoring for threats to the US as an institution, it's infrastructure and its people, by domestic and international focal points.

The Chinese want to take over the world and probably annihilate the US if they had the technology.

China ( the Chinese government ). wants to be the number one AI superpower in the next couple years. And they're probably going to achieve it . The average American doesn't really understand how dangerous China and the Chinese government actually is.

To make matters worse, the US participates in war games in the South China Sea and loses consistently to China in these war game naval battles.

We should be worried by China. Very worried.

Last edited:

prohibido_por_la_ley

Nov 21, 2011
Chicago
2021 has been a mediocre year at best for smartphones. Android 11 and 12 forced cpu cycle eating scooped storage sucks.
After the N20U Samsung released nothing I like and their last really great flagship is the N10+ running on Q.
2021, issues with variable rate displays, 5G and scoped storage galore. The usual Samsung Fold display delamination issues. For flagship SD card support you either got to use older Samsung flagships or go Chinese.

The Pixel Pro seems to numerous rude surprises. OK, maybe it's not horrible but not a flagship level device either... it's ok at best. It's user interface is subpar as usual with no substantial speed advantage to show for it. Why not just get an Apple rather than a Pixel at this rate?
I doubt even Samsung can modify Android 11/12 enough to make it user friendly; Pixel barely tried to fix their nightmare OS.
Small wonder Pixel as such a dismal market share... they toearned it.
Show me an iPhone that can have multiple windows open at a time or have a desktop mode when connected to a secondary display.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211103-101440.png
    Screenshot_20211103-101440.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 11

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
main issues are battery life, after finding the phone struggling to get through a day on a charge, after googling and finding turning off the 5g and 120hz display improves battery life. WHAT the main features of the phone drain the battery too much, battery life on P30 is 2 days for me constantly (i know peoples usage will vary), but after Lumia phones and Huawei it was like going back to Iphone 3 days barely getting 24hrs on a charge.

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
I'm confused you would make this statement. China has an authoritarian surveillance state. They're trying to censor your every move, and unundate you with BS propaganda. They also have ridiculously sinister motives.

The NSA is also completely spying without recourse, And by no means not even remotely innocent , but they're essentially just filtering/monitoring for threats to the US as an institution, it's infrastructure and its people, by domestic and international focal points.

The Chinese want to take over the world and probably annihilate the US if they had the technology.

China ( the Chinese government ). wants to be the number one AI superpower in the next couple years. And they're probably going to achieve it . The average American doesn't really understand how dangerous China and the Chinese government actually is.

To make matters worse, the US participates in war games in the South China Sea and loses consistently to China in these war game naval battles.

We should be worried by China. Very worried.
To be fair, the US government (at least in perfect tense) ran several black-ops CIA torture prisons and is known for sentencing innocent people to prison for decades, without giving a flying f*ck about justice there. Not to mention the amount of war crimes amassed over the last 70 years. So your comparison is a bit apples vs banana. There is a ****load that went wrong in the last 70 years and there's still alot going wrong, even though it reduced in quality and quantity.

Apart from that, jep in 99% of the cases the US government will do nothing with all the accumulated data, whilst the Chinese government will use every bit of accumulated information to censor, locate and/or capture every dissident that dares to oppose their government issued moral code/way of life. It's still unknown how many people China sentences to death every year...

So it's not ponyworld vs PinnacleOfEvil but more like HeavyCough vs. Black Death, and jep in that world I'm definitely going to want the Cough (USA).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Phone is Awesome! Best purchase ever!
    Kinda hard to trust a device made literally by the espionage wing of a hostile foreign country...
    hostile wing of USA or China take your pick
    Well after being excited to get the Pixel 6 Pro with all the hype of best pixel phone in years, i have returned the phone after finding it disappointing. Probably the phone i have been most disappointed with ever, So i have gone back to my Huawei P30 Pro
    main issues are battery life, after finding the phone struggling to get through a day on a charge, after googling and finding turning off the 5g and 120hz display improves battery life. WHAT the main features of the phone drain the battery too much, battery life on P30 is 2 days for me constantly (i know peoples usage will vary), but after Lumia phones and Huawei it was like going back to Iphone 3 days barely getting 24hrs on a charge.
    also the UI is terrible, how is this an improvement the notification area with the huge tiles take up so much room that you have to scroll to the right to see most of the shortcuts etc. P30 is much more intuitive and fewer steps to do the same action
    The Google search bar/ assistant and clock can't be moved or resized so much for customising android, none of these restrictions on P30
    Colour theming what a joke to the point of being pointless couldn't pick the colour i wanted and the choice of 4 colour LOL, P30 has a huge colour theming section and is easy pick what colour you want and away to go
    You will need a case for the phone it will literally slide off everything, i know a lot pf people fit cases but you wont have any choice with the Pixel 6 or it'll end up in broke

I would go as far to say EMUI 4 was better than android 12 on the Pixel 6, only good point was the camera
    Only thing I'd agree with is that Huawei makes some of the best phones and I wish they were sold for US carriers. As for this phone, it's getting better every day for me. Of course there are some annoyances here and there but battery life isn't bad for me. I still have mine on 5g and 120hz and getting 8ish hour SOT with full day use. Mostly Twitter, Reddit and cryptocurrency apps and some YouTube music. The UI I feel takes some learning and adjusting to get used to.

Kinda hard to trust a device made literally by the espionage wing of a hostile foreign country...
    2021 has been a mediocre year at best for smartphones. Android 11 and 12 forced cpu cycle eating scooped storage sucks.
    After the N20U Samsung released nothing I like and their last really great flagship is the N10+ running on Q.
    2021, issues with variable rate displays, 5G and scoped storage galore. The usual Samsung Fold display delamination issues. For flagship SD card support you either got to use older Samsung flagships or go Chinese.

The Pixel Pro seems to numerous rude surprises. OK, maybe it's not horrible but not a flagship level device either... it's ok at best. It's user interface is subpar as usual with no substantial speed advantage to show for it. Why not just get an Apple rather than a Pixel at this rate?
    I doubt even Samsung can modify Android 11/12 enough to make it user friendly; Pixel barely tried to fix their nightmare OS.
    Small wonder Pixel as such a dismal market share... they earned it.