• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Disassembly / cracking open HTC One x

Search This thread

GabrielSousa

Feb 15, 2011
Leiria
where did you ordered it mate ? can you provide a link please

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270978720...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_2634wt_1163

htc-one-x-back-htc-onexw-t3.jpg

The back cover, cames with out the SPEAKER.

you need to remove the speaker from original back cover, and put it on the new back cover

Last edited:

antipesto93

Feb 7, 2010
I tried to open a faulty one i got from eBay, after removing the back case its such a pain to even remove the motherboard, and even harder to put it back
+when re-assembling you have to plug connectors to both sides of the motherboard:(

Oh and if anybody opens it up...as soon as you open the back case, the power button and volume button will fall out. Dont loose them! (Also note the power button has a certain orientation)

Reactions: ryanrazer

techmatlock

Apr 6, 2012

tmaniac

Oct 22, 2006
Utrecht
i'm thinking of switching covers from black to a white one.

a couple of questions;
1) The camera lens glass, is that sticking out of the ring? or is the ring around the glass higher than the glass? (Sorry, i know exactly how to explain this in dutch, not in english)
At the moment my camera-lens glass is sticking out a little bit and it allready is getting scratched up.

2) Do you get the volume / power buttons with the new cover or do you have to re-use the old buttons?

GabrielSousa

Feb 15, 2011
Leiria
i'm thinking of switching covers from black to a white one.

a couple of questions;
1) The camera lens glass, is that sticking out of the ring? or is the ring around the glass higher than the glass? (Sorry, i know exactly how to explain this in dutch, not in english)
At the moment my camera-lens glass is sticking out a little bit and it allready is getting scratched up.

2) Do you get the volume / power buttons with the new cover or do you have to re-use the old buttons?

1) the covers comes with the glass.
2) the covers cames with the volume and the power buttons

payzx

Mar 31, 2007
Hi Bro,

would like to know whether do you need to apply any adhesive or glue when assembling th HOX? is it lose without gluing? as what I understand is that there are some use of glue to hold the HOX tighly. Please advise.

Cheers!

Top Liked Posts