Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

vaidhy2007

Feb 22, 2013
Asus ZenFone 2
Asus ZenFone 3
New build for zenfone3 is up!

Lots of fixes and optimisation in the RR Source itself.

Device Changelog:
* LiveDisplay fixed (updated SDM blobs)
* Stock Camera fixed (switched to Asus Camera)
* February Security patch
* defined actual Vendor Security patch

- Vendor Security patch just indicates latest stock OTA's security patch, you can safely ignore the Trust saying vendor out of date.

Hi can this be flashed over the previous build of 20th Jan without formatting anything ?

koushik99

Jan 15, 2017
There is a headphon isuue

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Earphon is not working .please solve this issue

nicky-xda

Jan 23, 2010
Deactivate vibrate when plugged in for charging?

'sounds / charging sounds+vibrating' is deactivated

But when i plug in the charging cable it always vibrates once. How can i deactivate that?

vegeto1806

Sep 19, 2016
Hi! This seems like a really great ROM, can you please tell me if this will work with a Zenfone 3 Max ZC553KL?
No, its meant for ZE552KL and ZE520KL only
its not worth the risk of bricking

Hi can this be flashed over the previous build of 20th Jan without formatting anything ?
Yes (you can check OTA and get from there as well)

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

I don't have this issue, try toggling AudioFX maybe.
I'll try fixing.

same with me, and then dolby atmos doesn't work.. I've uninstall it and install it again..
Dolby Atmos ports aren't out yet for Pie I think.

Stock Camera is working, but mine only showing 8MP (4:3) & 9MP (16:9). Please fix this sir.
Yes, it is a port of ROG Camera. You can use apps like Open Camera to get 16 MP.
you can also uninstall the stock camera and install PixelMaster from play store (will give 16 MP)

diazAP

Dec 28, 2014
Depok
Earphone Cannot Detected

Sony XB510AS cant detected on Zenfone 3 ZE552KL :crying: :crying: :crying:

Edit : can you unroot device in this os?

Last edited:

TreaBet

May 12, 2017

If you activate AudioFX you can use your headphones but this time USB audio can't be used. Additionly, opposite situation is also true.
V4A phone speaker profile configures headphones.

Last edited:

1noob

Sep 20, 2015
Z̶e̶n̶u̶i̶ ̶l̶a̶u̶n̶c̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶u̶s̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶r̶o̶m̶?̶ ̶i̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶.̶ Older vesion worked.

Edit: how can we use the orginal zenfone 3 camera? why would you put a stock one that doesnt support full 16mp hmm

Yes, it is a port of ROG Camera. You can use apps like Open Camera to get 16 MP.
you can also uninstall the stock camera and install PixelMaster from play store (will give 16 MP)

I only see the option to disable the stock camera, not to uninstall and then reinstall PixelMaster from play store, how can i do this?

I still consider the camera from the stock rom the best one, i have tried open camera and others but they suck in comparison to how it was on stock, any suggestions? i would like to use the same one as on stock at full 16mp.

Also i am noticing signal drops with this rom that never happened on stock.

Last edited:

xRafler

Apr 26, 2018
Phone does not work

Hello I have the following problem, when I am listening to music with earphone be it through YouTube among other apps the audio does not work simple to work there I have to take it and put it back.

zekken1977

Jan 10, 2019
Hello I have the following problem, when I am listening to music with earphone be it through YouTube among other apps the audio does not work simple to work there I have to take it and put it back.
Hi, are you AudioFx or something equalizer enable ?
If so, problem causes by sound effect libraries.
It seems that libraries abort during drive these libs from logcat.
I guess current workarounds are below.

[workaround]
1. disable audio effect. (simple but features such as equalizer can't be enabled)
2. copy /vendor/lib/soundfx, /vendor/lib64/soundfx and /vendor/etc/audio_effects.xml from pixel3 (need root, and recommend to backup system partition)

I tried #2 and audio effects worked fine.

Tapatalk を使用して私の ASUS_Z017DA から送信

1noob

Sep 20, 2015
I've tried to install update via OTA and now it just boots in twrp......what should be done? there are no clear instructions on how to update, i've expected it to just install itself now my phone is unusable and just boot loops to twrp....

Edit: Fixed by installing another twrp version.....hope it wont happen again at the next update.

Edit2: Screenrecorder doesn't work when it's added to the power button menu, doesn't do anything.

Last edited:

diazAP

Dec 28, 2014
Depok
I've tried to install update via OTA and now it just boots in twrp......what should be done? there are no clear instructions on how to update, i've expected it to just install itself now my phone is unusable and just boot loops to twrp....

Edit: Fixed by installing another twrp version.....hope it wont happen again at the next update.

Edit2: Screenrecorder doesn't work when it's added to the power button menu, doesn't do anything.

is twrp 3.2.3 compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix P

Code:
    [SIZE="4"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/SIZE]

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome
    combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!
    Special thanks to, the LineageOS team, Omni team , SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

rrinstall.png

Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
    Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom & the latest GApps package
    Boot into recovery
    Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    Flash ResurrectionRemix Rom
    Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
    Flash Magisk Root(Optional)
    First boot may take up to 10 minutes. May take a bit more if your previous OS was unencrypted.

rrdownload.png

ROM Download
    GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source
    Vendor Source

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
    LineageOs Team
    Omni Team
    And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users

rrbugs.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the Catlog app from the Play Store.
    There is also a donate version which you can purchase to show appreciation.
    After downloading the Catlog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into Catlog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Resurrection Remix v7.0 for zenfone3, ROM for the Asus ZenFone 3

Contributors
    vegeto1806, makorn645, planet9, shakalaca
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked BL, Latest Oreo, TWRP 3.2.3
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 20190219
    Stable Release Date: 2019-01-19

Created 2019-01-20
    Last Updated 2019-06-05
    Notes

Installation:
    If you're coming from Oreo (stock or custom), you'll need to "Format Data" in TWRP once (Format > Format Data) before installation.
    So complete procedure is:
    Boot to TWRP > Wipe system, cache, dalvik > "Format Data" > Reboot to TWRP > flash ROM(+gapps and magisk if you want).

Bugs: None
    Selinux is permissive.

Issues to be fixed in next build:
    1. Missing hw button customisation.
    2. Battery charging LED
    3 Stock Camera not working
    4. LiveDisplay not working

Update: Fixed in update 2019-02-19

Issues in current build:
    No known issues. Report issues that you find with logs.

** DO NOT use Smart Pixels feature, it is meant for phones with AMOLED screens and will be soon removed.
    New build available (2019-03-26)!
    Download: https://get.resurrectionremix.com/?dir=zenfone3
    FIRST TREBLE BUILD
    If you have not enabled treble, you'll have to do so once. Steps are provided here. This requires treble twrp: https://zenfone3-dev.gitlab.io/recovery/twrp-treble/
    Changelog:
    * Snap is added as default
    * Pixelmaster camera port (by planet9) is fixed (must be installed separately)
    * Blob updates and cleanup

Updates in source like:
    QS headers added, etc. see changelog file for more

wont be provided as OTA.
    Update has been pushed to OTA, direct link:
    https://downloads.sourceforge.net/p...e3/RR-P-v7.0.0-20190120-zenfone3-Official.zip

Changelog:
    * HW button settings
    * Battery Charging LED
    * Screen-off gestures
    * Glove mode
    Update for zenfone3 is up!
    Date: 2019-02-28
    Link: https://get.resurrectionremix.com/?dir=zenfone3
    Changelog:
    * Updates and fixes in source
    * Correct maintainer name
    * RR customisations can now be searched in Settings search.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone