[DISCONTINUED][ALL VARIANTS] Swifty Kernel | Custom Stock | 6/24/17 |

Search This thread

fogame

Open the zip and remove the root directory and try flashing. Or open the folder and delete the zip and put in magisk zip but make sure to rename the magisk zip to the same thing the original zip was.

Can do

Attachments

• tumblr_op35lfi0Zv1wnue2so1_500.jpg
    tumblr_op35lfi0Zv1wnue2so1_500.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 410
Reactions: fenrir_ac

siulmagic

Jun 23, 2007
Bridgeport
This kernel worked great, but unfortunately i had issues with gps and sound in some games got distorted/played a a low frequency.

nightra88

Jun 23, 2015
@SaintZ93

I saw were you mentioned that this might work for the vs995 and/or the us996. So, that led me to be a guinea pig, although I haven't tested it fully, it did boot with my vs995. Just thought I'd let you know! :laugh::good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-27-10-50-36.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-27-10-50-36.png
    227.4 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:

SaintZ93

Important Notice: Unfortunately I am going to discontinue any further development as I am switching to a new device and service. I have lost all interest in the LG V20 and it seems so has a lot of other devs. But I will of course keep all download links up for use! Just no more updates and I will only give minimal support from time to time. It has been a great run and you guys are fantastic. One love all!

fogame

Important Notice: Unfortunately I am going to discontinue any further development as I am switching to a new device and service. I have lost all interest in the LG V20 and it seems so has a lot of other devs. But I will of course keep all download links up for use! Just no more updates and I will only give minimal support from time to time. It has been a great run and you guys are fantastic. One love all!

Saintz what did you go to?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Schwifty Kernel (Yeahhh, Get Schwifty)

Hello guys welcome to the Schwifty Kernel! If you watch the show "Rick and Morty" you will understand why I named it this ;) if you don't understand well either youtube it or just don't worry and enjoy the sh*t out the kernel anyways hehe. Alright lets get Schwifty, here's all the info about the kernel in a way that will help you decide how you want to set up your phone! The second post will contain changelogs and third post, well not sure yet. But enjoy!!

Basic Specifications/Information:
    • Based On LS997ZV7 OpenSource (Thanks LG)
    • NO Static Screen
    • Install Includes Root
    • Allow 5-10 to settle in after booting up for better usage
    • Take the time to read all the information to get an understanding on the kernel (Will help with less bug reports)
    • If you report a bug please search before posting and give all information about your issue (Such as rom, kernel version, kernel setup... ect)
    • I will edit the page with dates when there is something new added such as govenors, schedulers ect...

I/O Scheduler Information - I/O:
    • FIOPS - This new I/O scheduler is designed around the following assumptions about Flash-based storage devices: no I/O seek time, read and write I/O cost is usually different from rotating media, time to make a request depends upon the request size, and high through-put and higher IOPS with low-latency. FIOPS (Fair IOPS) ioscheduler tries to fix the gaps in CFQ. It's IOPS based, so it only targets for drive without I/O seek. It's quite similar like CFQ, but the dispatch decision is made according to IOPS instead of slice.
    • SIO - Simple I/O aims to keep minimum overhead to achieve low latency to serve I/O requests. No priority queue concepts, but only basic merging. SIO is a mix between noop & deadline. No reordering or sorting of requests.
    • NOOP - Inserts all the incoming I/O requests to a First In First Out queue and implements request merging. Best used with storage devices that does not depend on mechanical movement to access data (yes, like our flash drives). Advantage here is that flash drives does not require reordering of multiple I/O requests unlike in normal hard drives.
    • DEADLINE - The goal of the Deadline scheduler is to attempt to guarantee a start service time for a request. It does that by imposing a deadline on all I/O operations to prevent starvation of requests. It also maintains two deadline queues, in addition to the sorted queues (both read and write). Deadline queues are basically sorted by their deadline (the expiration time), while the sorted queues are sorted by the sector number. Before serving the next request, the Deadline scheduler decides which queue to use. Read queues are given a higher priority, because processes usually block on read operations. Next, the Deadline scheduler checks if the first request in the deadline queue has expired. Otherwise, the scheduler serves a batch of requests from the sorted queue. In both cases, the scheduler also serves a batch of requests following the chosen request in the sorted queue.
    • BFQ - Instead of time slices allocation by CFQ, BFQ assigns budgets. Disk is granted to an active process until it's budget (number of sectors) expires. BFQ assigns high budgets to non-read tasks. Budget assigned to a process varies over time as a function of it's behavior.
    • BFQIO - Enable hierarchical scheduling in BFQ, using the cgroups filesystem interface. The name of the subsystem will be bfqio.
    • ZEN - ZEN is based on the Noop, Deadline and SIO I/O schedulers. It's an FCFS (First come, first serve) based algorithm, but it's not strictly FIFO. ZEN does not do any sorting. It uses deadlines for fairness, and treats synchronous requests with priority over asynchronous ones. Other than that, it's pretty much the same as Noop blended with VR features.
    • MAPLE - Maple is based on the Zen and Simple I/O schedulers. It uses ZEN's first-come-first-serve style algorithm with separate read/write requests and improved former/latter request handling from SIO. Maple is biased towards handling asynchronous requests before synchronous, and read requests before write. While this can have negative aspects on write intensive tasks like file copying, it slightly improves UI responsiveness. When the device is asleep, maple increases the expiry time of requests so that it can handle them more slowly, causing less overhead.

Governor Information - CPU:
    • Interactive - Interactive scales the clockspeed over the course of a timer set by the kernel developer (or user). In other words, if an application demands a ramp to maximum clockspeed (by placing 100% load on the CPU), a user can execute another task before the governor starts reducing CPU frequency. Because of this timer, Interactive is also better prepared to utilize intermediate clockspeeds that fall between the minimum and maximum CPU frequencies. It is significantly more responsive than OnDemand, because it's faster at scaling to maximum frequency. Interactive also makes the assumption that a user turning the screen on will shortly be followed by the user interacting with some application on their device. Because of this, screen on triggers a ramp to maximum clockspeed, followed by the timer behavior described above. Interactive is the default governor of choice for today's smartphone and tablet manufacturers.
    • Ondemand - Ondemand is one of the original and oldest governors available on the linux kernel. When the load placed on your CPU reaches the set threshold, the governor will quickly ramp up to the maximum CPU frequency. It has excellent fluidity because of this high-frequency bias, but it can also have a relatively negative effect on battery life versus other governors. OnDemand was commonly chosen by smartphone manufacturers in the past because it is well-tested and reliable, but it is outdated now and is being replaced by Google's Interactive governor.
    • Performance - Sets the frequency at the maximum available frequency. This governor always returns UINT_MAX as frequency so that the DEVFREQ framework returns the highest frequency available at any time.
    • Powersave - Sets the frequency at the minimum available frequency. This governor always returns 0 as frequency so that the DEVFREQ framework returns the lowest frequency available at any time.
    • Userspace - Sets the frequency at the user specified one. This governor returns the user configured frequency if there has been an input to /sys/devices/.../power/devfreq_set_freq. Otherwise, the governor does not change the frequnecy given at the initialization.
    • Blu_active - A new cpu governor developed by eng.stk (featured in his Code_Blue kernels) based on interactive with upstream caf patches and ondemand governor bits too. This governor is mainly focused on performance like the other things the developer creates but it is also well balanced for gaming and general usage.
    • ElementalX - ElementalX is basically a multiphase Ondemand governor that aims to achieve the best balance between battery life and performance. By default, it is more conservative than Ondemand as it does not ramp up often for most phone activities. If there is a graphics load detected, the governor will switch to a two-phase Ondemand behaviour where different max frequencies are used depending on the load increase. ElementalX comes with input boost enabled by default lowering the sampling rate and increasing the frequency to improve responsiveness.
    • Nightmare - A PegasusQ modified, less aggressive and more stable. A good compromise between performance and battery. In addition to the SoD is a prevention because it usually does not hotplug.
    • Darkness - It's based on nightmare but more simple and fast, basic configs but very complex structure. It is an updated version of the nightmare gov, so far it is quite stable in tests.
    • Chill (NEW 5/15) - Use the CPUFreq governor 'chill' as default. This allows you to get a full dynamic frequency capable system by simply loading your cpufreq low-level hardware driver. A conservative based governor that aims to provide more aggressive battery savings while screen is off.
    • Dance Dance - Based on conservative with some smartass features, it scales accordingly to conservatives laws. So it will start from the bottom, take a load sample, if it's above the upthreshold, ramp up only one speed at a time, and ramp down one at a time. It will automatically cap the off screen speeds to 245Mhz, and if your min freq is higher than 245mhz, it will reset the min to 120mhz while screen is off and restore it upon screen awakening, and still scale accordingly to conservatives laws. So it spends most of its time at lower frequencies. The goal of this is to get the best battery life with decent performance. It is a performance focused governor but also blends with some battery savings.

GPU Governors:
    • Adreno Idler - It is an idling algorithm, an efficient workaround for msm-adreno-tz's overheads. Main goal is to lower the power consumptions while maintaining high-performance. Since msm-adreno-tz tends to *not* use the lowest frequency even on idle, Adreno idler replaces msm-adreno-tz's algorithm when it comes to calculating idle frequency(mostly by ondemand's method). The higher frequencies are not touched with this algorithm, so high-demanding games will (most likely) not suffer from worsened performance.
    • Simple - An open-source alternative to Qualcomm's closed-sourced governors. Developed by Faux123, it is highly customisable which will allow more fine-grained control over how the GPU scales up and down.
      simple_ondemand[/b] - As the name implies, it is a simpler version of the CPU governor ondemand. simple_ondemand will ramp up the frequency when a load is detected. It has a good balance between performance and battery savings.
    • msm-adreno-tz - The default GPU governor used by Qualcomm for their adreno GPUs. It is based on the ondemand governor but is biased towards performance, therefore it should give better performance in games but less battery life.
    • Performance - As the name suggests, this keeps your GPU running at the max frequency. This is a governor if you want the best possible experience in games but you don't care about your battery life.
    • Powersave - Like the CPU governor, this keeps your GPU running at the lowest possible frequency. Best battery life, extreme lag in games.
    • Userspace - This governor basically allows the user is able to set a desired frequency for the GPU to run at.
    • cpubw_hwmon - A hardware monitor based governor that attempts to determine bandwidth (BW) needed by CPU and other hardware. Because it samples bandwidth using polling intervals, it has been made to be biased towards performance to compensate for the possible slower response times during heavy loads.
    • MSM Cpufreq - The MSM CPUfreq governor determines the CPU to DDR bandwidth vote based on the current CPU frequency of all the active CPUs. In other words, this governor scales based on CPU usage which could mean more performance.

Other Information:
    • Moved Core Control To Kernel - Moved core control from out-of-tree module into the kernel proper. Core control monitors load on CPUs and controls how many CPUs are available for the system to use at any point in time. This can help save power. Core control can be configured through sysfs interface.
    • Moved Core Control Trace Events To Scheduler
    • Added A Knob To Disable The core_ctl (Core Control) - The CPU hotplug tests does not work with core_ctl compiled statically into kernel. Provide an interface to disable the hotplug by core_ctl.
    • Enabled LZ4 Compression & Added ExFAT Filesystem
    • Fixed Various Issues
    • And a whole lot of other sh*t

Disclaimer: I do not and will not take any responsibility towards anything that happens to your phone after flashing.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Swifty Kernel | Custom Stock | 6/24/18 |, Kernel for the LG V20

Contributors
    SaintZ93
    Source Code: https://github.com/SaintZ13/schwifty_kernel

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Release V3
    Stable Release Date: 2017-06-08

Created 2017-06-08
    Last Updated 2017-06-08
    Changelogs

Schwifty Kernel: Release V3 (6/8/17):
    • STATIC ON BOOT IS FIXED!!!
    • Update kernel source to LS997 "ZV7"
    • Changed kernel name for its own distribution
    • qpnp-smbcharger: Publish charger voltage to the usb psy
    • arm: dts: Remove MSM watchdog IPI ping in msm8996
    • net: bcmdhd: reduce wlan_rx wakelock period
    • bcmdhd: reduce rx wakelock timeout via sysfs node
    • Take out wakelocks that need a divide
    • display: add a simple api to query the display state (on/off) at any
    • cpufreq_interactive: remove boost functionality
    • cpufreq: interactive governor drops bits in time calculation
    • CHROMIUM: cpufreq: interactive: calculate load before freq change
    • cpufreq: interactive: remove hispeed_freq init restriction
    • defconfig: Enable Maple IOSched
    • block: [Introduded for 3.18.y] Add Maple I/O Scheduler
    • usb: dwc3-msm: Don't issue power supply change for invalid charger
    • defconfig: enable fast charging
    • Disable wlan_rx wakelock
    • Add more wlan wakelocks
    • drivers: wakeup: squash improvements from franciscofranco/angler@f559906
    • drivers: wakeup: add entries to disable timerfd, netlink, wlan_wow_wl, wlan and netmgr_wl wakelocks
    • drivers: wakeup: bypass two WiFi wakelocks
    • power: wakeup: prevent IPA_WS wakelock from being acquired by default
    • crypto: use -O3
    • arm64: crypto: Improve target optimization flags
    • random: backport from Linux 4.2
    • touchscreen: add -Ofast
    • synaptics: add -Ofast
    • USB: cypress_m8: add endpoint sanity check
    • drivers: video: Add bounds checking in fb_cmap_to_user
    • ipv6: fix out of bound writes in __ip6_append_data()
    • ipv6/dccp: do not inherit ipv6_mc_list from parent
    • sctp: do not inherit ipv6_{mc|ac|fl}_list from parent
    • ipv6: Prevent overrun when parsing v6 header options
    • ext4: fix deadlock during page writeback
    • ext4: fix data exposure after a crash
    • bpf: don't let ldimm64 leak map addresses on unprivileged
    • DTS: Remove the core hotplug on low battery feature
    • DTS: Decrease BCL low battery threshold to 5%
    • binfmt_elf.c: use get_random_int() to fix entropy depleting
    • Remove useless defconfigs
    • Update defconfig
    • Update to a more convienant build script
    • cpuset: Make cpusets restore on hotplug
    • crypto: ahash - Fix EINPROGRESS notification callback
    • netfilter: x_tables: check for size overflow
    • Input: aiptek - fix crash on detecting device without endpoints
    • net: llc: use correct size for sysctl timeout entries
    • netlink: Fix dump skb leak/double free
    • net: avoid signed overflows for SO_{SND|RCV}BUFFORCE
    • packet: fix race condition in packet_set_ring
    • mpi: Fix NULL ptr dereference in mpi_powm() [ver #3]
    • net: ping: check minimum size on ICMP header length
    • usbnet: cleanup after bind() in probe()
    • ipv4: Don't do expensive useless work during inetdev destroy.
    • USB: cdc-acm: more sanity checking
    • mm: migrate dirty page without clear_page_dirty_for_io etc
    • pipe: limit the per-user amount of pages allocated in pipes
    • ALSA: hrtimer: Fix stall by hrtimer_cancel()
    • ext4: validate s_first_meta_bg at mount time
    • udp: properly support MSG_PEEK with truncated buffers
    • l2tp: fix racy SOCK_ZAPPED flag check in l2tp_ip{,6}_bind()
    • libceph: introduce ceph_crypt() for in-place en/decryption
    • sg_write()/bsg_write() is not fit to be called under KERNEL_DS
    • mm: Tighten x86 /dev/mem with zeroing reads
    • mm/mempolicy.c: fix error handling in set_mempolicy and mbind.
    • scsi: sg: check length passed to SG_NEXT_CMD_LEN
    • sctp: deny peeloff operation on asocs with threads sleeping on it
    • irda: Fix lockdep annotations in hashbin_delete().
    • net/llc: avoid BUG_ON() in skb_orphan()
    • tcp: avoid infinite loop in tcp_splice_read()
    • dccp: fix freeing skb too early for IPV6_RECVPKTINFO
    • perf/core: Fix concurrent sys_perf_event_open() vs. 'move_group' race
    • sctp: avoid BUG_ON on sctp_wait_for_sndbuf
    • posix_acl: Clear SGID bit when setting file permissions
    • time: Remove CONFIG_TIMER_STATS
    • ipc/shm: Fix shmat mmap nil-page protection
    • tmpfs: clear S_ISGID when setting posix ACLs
    • ANDROID: ion: Protect kref from userspace manipulation
    • ANDROID: ion: check for kref overflow
    • Fix build issue
    • Revert "msm: mpm: disable debugging"
    • Version: One Bad Ass Kernel V3
    • proc: Remove additional SafetyNet flags from /proc/cmdline
    • msm: vidc: disable debug logs
    • msm: mdss: KCAL: disable igc update
    • msm: mdss: KCAL: Send a pp display commit when changes are made
    • net/packet: fix overflow in check for tp_reserve
    • net/packet: fix overflow in check for tp_frame_nr
    • net/packet: fix overflow in check for priv area size
    • dccp/tcp: do not inherit mc_list from parent …
    • ip6_gre: fix ip6gre_err() invalid reads
    • tty: n_hdlc: get rid of racy n_hdlc.tbuf
    • TTY: n_hdlc, fix lockdep false positive
    • kernel: Fix potential refcount leak in su check
    • kernel: Only expose su when daemon is running
    • PM / devfreq: Reduce wake boost duration to 5000 ms
    Download:
    MD5: 0dbface713400fb4f29f8b947c82c47c
    ROM Size: 23.4MB
    Awesome work man.... Love it! this kernel has been nice and smooth! Thanks for all you are doing for the community!!!!

Thanks,
    Chaz187

Thanks man, much more to come. I'm going to make this kernel work for AOSP/CM and if the other variants are lucky I'll build for them too :). Thanks for all you do as well!
    Sweet. Which app did you use to change it? Or how did you change it? Usually trickster allowed me to change it.

I use Kernel Adiutor.