[Discontinued] [AOKP] [Linaro 4.8.1] [AWESOME AUDIO] [Hercules]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Cl3Kener

Feb 4, 2013
Cleveland, OH
plus.google.com
So I've done some remodeling for a bit and I've now decided to create a little community on Google Plus where we can informally address issues with things I do and ideas for more things I can try.

This will be discontinued but make sure to join G+ and follow me there!

Here is the link to my G+ community. https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/107891541077154929804

Also I've decided that goo.im has such a high user demand that I've decided to use COPY for all of the future build releases. You can still find my stuff on goo.im but I'll primarily focus on uploading things to COPY. Here is the link to my COPY account https://copy.com/eQvTcgdXKB0g

Trademark Features: (Included in all ROMs)
- Linaro 4.8.1 Keychain for Framework
- Awesome BEATS
- Noozoxide
- A cherry picked arrangement of audio drivers!

[ROM LINKS]
All Builds can be found at http://goo.im/devs/Cl3Kener/AOKP

Installation instructions
1. For best results a FULL wipe is required. Please back up your ROM before you begin!!!
2. Download any of the above links
3. Reboot into recovery with TWRP or CWRM
3. Flash the ROM and flash latest Gapps
4. Reboot
5. Navigate to Settings>Sound>Music effects and make sure to select Awesome BEATS as your default!
6. Tweak Beats Audio and Noozxoide EIZO to your liking. (I prefer enabling Extreme Bass on Awesome Beats and Large-II on Monitor size under Noozoide) This will create a Huge Bass Sound!

Note: You may want to turn the volume down first and slowly raise it up so you don't blow your headphones or speakers.

Upgrading
For an upgrade to newer version you can "dirty flash" by rebooting to recovery installing the update then wiping cache and dalvik. You might get a few fcs after "dirty flashing" so make sure to fix file permissions afterwards. I recommend using ROM Manager because it does the most thorough job!

If the keyboard is not working right you can fix it by flashing the AOKP KEYBOARD FIXER

Special thanks to:
- AOKP team for the base!
- The creators of the audio drivers! (Team AC1D, the Awesome BEATS guys, etc)
- Eli Billauer for creating Frandom
- Android88 (For always being so helpful and encouraging!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Last edited:

Cl3Kener

Feb 4, 2013
Cleveland, OH
plus.google.com
Changelogs

AWESOME AUDIO AOKP

Changelogs are now very similar and thanks to my Audio MODs they are not longer necessary because you can add whatever you feel you are missing. :)

Everything is built with Linaro now too!

Changelog 2.0
- Latest nightly (5/8/2013)
- New Linaro Keychain
- Audio tweaks
- Load your own audio player or download the Walkman add-on in my MODs folder.

Changelog 1.5
- Updated Kernel to Stock 3.0.69+ which has seven new regulators. (Lazy, Lionheart, Intellidemend, Interactivex, Wheatley, SmartassV2, and Badass)
- Same great audio drivers!
- White AWESOME BEATS Icon

Changelog 1.4
- Updated Kernel to Stock 3.0.69 (Nothing fancy, no badass this time)
- Added SONY MOVIES!
- Added SONY ALBUMS!
- Updated WALKMAN

Changelog 1.3
- Build with new Linaro Keychain to make it more smooth!!!
- New CPU governor "badass"
- New install script! You can "dirty flash" this over previous install without needing to reenter passwords etc. :)
- Fixed Audio bug from build 1.1-1.2
- Breathing SMS
- Fixed Keyboard "Swype" feature
- Updated to latest AOKP nightly
- SONY WALKMAN!
- Great sound!

Changelog 1.2
- New CPU governor "badass" (for more governors and OC capabilities go download my latest kernel goo.im/devs/cl3kener/kernels)
- SONY WALKMAN!
- Breathing SMS
- Great sound!
- Buttery Smooth!

Changelog 1.1
- New Boot Animation (malcho)
- Breathing SMS
- Same features as 1.0 (Walkman etc)
- Great sound!

Changelog 1.0
- Frandom w/ a few NOS Injection cherry-picks
- SONY WALKMAN!!!!
- Awesome Audio drivers from Acid, Beats Audio AROMA, and others.
- ES File Explorer
- Google Calendar (Instead of default android)
- Build.prop editor
- Awesome Build.prop tweaks!!!
- All of the great AOKP features!!!
- NO LAG!!!!! BUTTERY SMOOTH!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Last edited:

..Cory..

Apr 26, 2012
Florida
Re: [ROM] [AOKP] [AWESOME AUDIO AOKP] T-MOB Galaxy SII Hercules

Glad to see you doing well! Next challenge I have for you is building from source ;)

Keep it up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: hatememarkz

Cl3Kener

Feb 4, 2013
Cleveland, OH
plus.google.com

Glad to see you doing well! Next challenge I have for you is building from source ;)

Keep it up!

Thanks Cory you're the best! I really appreciate your help and support!

I'm kind of confused about what you meant by building from source. I thought I was building from source all along from my first builds to these here. For example, if you look at the kernel it will tell you it is built by [email protected]

I guess you should probably know a little about me and my geeky background. I've been an Ubuntu geek for years (since 2007) and I can use terminal in my sleep. I figured out how to build via terminal commands in about a day because it seemed similar to the commands I run in Linux. I started because I was tired of downloading cm nightlies. I recently learned how to edited the list of apps for these builds and I tweaked the GCCs so it would compile this ROM the way I wanted it. Is that not building from source?

I don't want you to think I'm upset by posting this. I'm just curious as to what building from source means to other android devs if what I just described is not in fact "building from source". Maybe my terminology is incorrect and I need to update my vocabulary from Linux Desktops to Android ROMs so as not to mislead or confuse anyone.

Again I appreciate your help and the very optimistic comments you post everywhere! Please help me out if I'm not truly building from source so I have a better understanding of how to compile even better ROMs. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

Last edited:

koudies

Feb 23, 2012
Minneapolis

I dont care how what you do and how you do it.. Just keep doing what you do... Dude :cool:

Flashing soon. Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Cl3Kener

edshawn911

Jun 21, 2010
I don't know much about building from source but i do
know that the best roms on here are coming from one source
and his name is cl3kener!!! hey i respect all developers out there
but i hate when guys come with the passive aggressive bull!!
this guy has brought something fresh and different to the table.
there is room for everyone to do there thing. don't scare people away by
saying things like when are you going to build from this or that.
the important thing is that you guys keep building... the best way to win an argument
is to never have it....because even if you win you still lost...

can't we all just get along.. you guys are probably to young to know who said that..lol:laugh::laugh::confused:

fe1ixs

Sep 28, 2012
Atlanta

I agree. CI3keener is the best if not one of the best XDA dev. Rarely in any ROM I had tried in the past has the perfection and smoothness like his build. I'm a big fans of audio mod so with that factor he is definitely own me.
Now for the update. I am running aokp 1.1 build. I can't believe how good this ROM has become. Vibration is strong. Haven't try the audio but I'm pretty sure it will be boom. One surprise, I can run sip phone now! I'm using mizudroid and set it up like I told you before. Audio recorder set to mic, etc.
Will give you more updates later.
Great job!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: Cl3Kener and b-ri

Cl3Kener

Feb 4, 2013
Cleveland, OH
plus.google.com

I agree. CI3keener is the best if not one of the best XDA dev. Rarely in any ROM I had tried in the past has the perfection and smoothness like his build. I'm a big fans of audio mod so with that factor he is definitely own me.
Now for the update. I am running aokp 1.1 build. I can't believe how good this ROM has become. Vibration is strong. Haven't try the audio but I'm pretty sure it will be boom. One surprise, I can run sip phone now! I'm using mizudroid and set it up like I told you before. Audio recorder set to mic, etc.
Will give you more updates later.
Great job!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Sweet deal! I'm so glad you got VoIP working! I guess I'll focus on Kernel building for the next bit instead of audio. I'll just refer people to you when they want VoIP to work. :)

Reactions: unheartedninja

whytechapel_x

Jun 27, 2012
Help guys. So i downloaded the rom from my phone, copied it to my sd card and flashed the rom. Everything was working fine until a few hours later, my phone magically shut off and it won't turn back on.

You know that little vibration it makes when rebooting? Well yeah, it does that non stop unless i take off the battery. I have already tried going to teamwin recovery and a few seconds in the phone shuts off.

I have also tried going in download mode and i see the menu, press the volume up and in a matter of seconds the phone shuts off again. I guess i have a paper weight brick. Any suggestions?

android88

Jan 21, 2012

Help guys. So i downloaded the rom from my phone, copied it to my sd card and flashed the rom. Everything was working fine until a few hours later, my phone magically shut off and it won't turn back on.

You know that little vibration it makes when rebooting? Well yeah, it does that non stop unless i take off the battery. I have already tried going to teamwin recovery and a few seconds in the phone shuts off.

I have also tried going in download mode and i see the menu, press the volume up and in a matter of seconds the phone shuts off again. I guess i have a paper weight brick. Any suggestions?

It sounds like you have stuck or broken power button. Either try getting it un-stuck or send it in for repairs.

Keep it up!

***snip***
Yes, what you do is "building from source". Don't worry, Cory just probably got confused :p.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Last edited:

whytechapel_x

Jun 27, 2012
It sounds like you have stuck or broken power button. Either try getting it un-stuck or send it in for repairs.

Yes, what you do is "building from source". Don't worry, Cory just probably didn't know :p.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

No, it doesn't seem to be stuck to me..?

zcostilla

Oct 14, 2011

I'm trying this bad boy out! Thanks foot the hard work

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: Cl3Kener

..Cory..

Apr 26, 2012
Florida

I'm kind of confused about what you meant by building from source. I thought I was building from source all along from my first builds to these here. For example, if you look at the kernel it will tell you it is built by [email protected]

I guess you should probably know a little about me and my geeky background. I've been an Ubuntu geek for years (since 2007) and I can use terminal in my sleep. I figured out how to build via terminal commands in about a day because it seemed similar to the commands I run in Linux. I started because I was tired of downloading cm nightlies. I recently learned how to edited the list of apps for these builds and I tweaked the GCCs so it would compile this ROM the way I wanted it. Is that not building from source?

I don't want you to think I'm upset by posting this. I'm just curious as to what building from source means to other android devs if what I just described is not in fact "building from source". Maybe my terminology is incorrect and I need to update my vocabulary from Linux Desktops to Android ROMs so as not to mislead or confuse anyone.

Again I appreciate your help and the very optimistic comments you post everywhere! Please help me out if I'm not truly building from source so I have a better understanding of how to compile even better ROMs. :)

Oh sorry bro! I didn't flash it so I couldn't see! :p That's great man, you're on a roll :)

I've been really busy :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I've done some remodeling for a bit and I've now decided to create a little community on Google Plus where we can informally address issues with things I do and ideas for more things I can try.

This will be discontinued but make sure to join G+ and follow me there!

Here is the link to my G+ community. https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/107891541077154929804

Also I've decided that goo.im has such a high user demand that I've decided to use COPY for all of the future build releases. You can still find my stuff on goo.im but I'll primarily focus on uploading things to COPY. Here is the link to my COPY account https://copy.com/eQvTcgdXKB0g

Trademark Features: (Included in all ROMs)
    - Linaro 4.8.1 Keychain for Framework
    - Awesome BEATS
    - Noozoxide
    - A cherry picked arrangement of audio drivers!

[ROM LINKS]
    All Builds can be found at http://goo.im/devs/Cl3Kener/AOKP

Installation instructions
    1. For best results a FULL wipe is required. Please back up your ROM before you begin!!!
    2. Download any of the above links
    3. Reboot into recovery with TWRP or CWRM
    3. Flash the ROM and flash latest Gapps
    4. Reboot
    5. Navigate to Settings>Sound>Music effects and make sure to select Awesome BEATS as your default!
    6. Tweak Beats Audio and Noozxoide EIZO to your liking. (I prefer enabling Extreme Bass on Awesome Beats and Large-II on Monitor size under Noozoide) This will create a Huge Bass Sound!

Note: You may want to turn the volume down first and slowly raise it up so you don't blow your headphones or speakers.

Upgrading
    For an upgrade to newer version you can "dirty flash" by rebooting to recovery installing the update then wiping cache and dalvik. You might get a few fcs after "dirty flashing" so make sure to fix file permissions afterwards. I recommend using ROM Manager because it does the most thorough job!

If the keyboard is not working right you can fix it by flashing the AOKP KEYBOARD FIXER

Special thanks to:
    - AOKP team for the base!
    - The creators of the audio drivers! (Team AC1D, the Awesome BEATS guys, etc)
    - Eli Billauer for creating Frandom
    - Android88 (For always being so helpful and encouraging!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
    Changelogs

AWESOME AUDIO AOKP

Changelogs are now very similar and thanks to my Audio MODs they are not longer necessary because you can add whatever you feel you are missing. :)

Everything is built with Linaro now too!

Changelog 2.0
    - Latest nightly (5/8/2013)
    - New Linaro Keychain
    - Audio tweaks
    - Load your own audio player or download the Walkman add-on in my MODs folder.

Changelog 1.5
    - Updated Kernel to Stock 3.0.69+ which has seven new regulators. (Lazy, Lionheart, Intellidemend, Interactivex, Wheatley, SmartassV2, and Badass)

Changelog 1.4
    - Updated Kernel to Stock 3.0.69 (Nothing fancy, no badass this time)
    - Added SONY MOVIES!
    - Added SONY ALBUMS!
    - Updated WALKMAN

Changelog 1.3
    - Build with new Linaro Keychain to make it more smooth!!!
    - New CPU governor "badass"
    - New install script! You can "dirty flash" this over previous install without needing to reenter passwords etc. :)
    - Fixed Audio bug from build 1.1-1.2
    - Breathing SMS
    - SONY WALKMAN!
    - Great sound!

Changelog 1.2
    - New CPU governor "badass" (for more governors and OC capabilities go download my latest kernel goo.im/devs/cl3kener/kernels)
    - SONY WALKMAN!
    - Breathing SMS
    - Great sound!
    - Buttery Smooth!

Changelog 1.1
    - New Boot Animation (malcho)
    - Breathing SMS
    - Same features as 1.0 (Walkman etc)
    - Great sound!

Changelog 1.0
    - Frandom w/ a few NOS Injection cherry-picks
    - SONY WALKMAN!!!!
    - Awesome Audio drivers from Acid, Beats Audio AROMA, and others.
    - ES File Explorer
    - Google Calendar (Instead of default android)
    - Build.prop editor
    - Awesome Build.prop tweaks!!!
    - All of the great AOKP features!!!
    - NO LAG!!!!! BUTTERY SMOOTH!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
    OP to be Discontinued

Hey everyone,

Well I've decided that it's time for me to move on and close this OP. After spending several hours trying to rework the audio for AOKP after some of the recent ROM changes, I've not succesfully found a solution. At this point my audio MODs work on just about any other ROM acept AOKP and TouchWiz. I've also recently noticed that Mysterious still is maintaining Linaro AOKP nightlies for this forum which is basically what I'd be doing at this point because I no longer have working audio tweaks for this ROM. So if you like the Linaro go check his thread out http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2199675 and he'll keep supplying you with Linaro ROMs for your pleasure and enjoyment.

Just so you know I'm not going to completely dissappear off the face of the planet earth I've done this for you:

1) I've just uploaded my last buid 2.6 go find it on Goo or here https://copy.com/4sQ3iKKJDyjX no audio though since it doesn't work anyways.

2) I've also taken the time to make tutorials so that you could essentially build one of these for yourselves. Here is the link to those: https://copy.com/jL8Fp2StNPjd (There are even more of these kinds of things in progress on my G+ account too which I'll talk about below)

3) If you want to keep following my work you can join my little google community so we can keep in touch. Here is the link to that
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/107891541077154929804 You can also subscribe and follow my Kernel thread since it is my last remaining xda thread at this point. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=40168769

Thanks everyone for the great support these past few months! It's been a fun ride!

Cheers!
    Cl3Kener
    @Quinny899

My apologize for using your work without your permission. As you mentioned the DolbyMobile app is everywhere and I received it from another developer who has since left xda. From his understand it was an opensource app made by Dolby which is why I decided it wouldn't hurt to use it. My guess is he got it from one of those hack sites. I will remove it promptly.

As for how you should have correctly gone about doing things with regards to this situation for future reference, here are the xda rules on the subject
    12. Using the work of others.

If a dispute occurs about who developed / created a piece of work, first try to settle the matter by private message and NOT in open forum. If this fails then you may contact a moderator with clear evidence that the work was created by you. Convincing evidence will result in copied work being removed. If there is no clear evidence you created the work then in the spirit of sharing all work will remain posted on the forums.

Next time for you own personal safety I would recommend that you CONTACT ME FIRST before you contact the MODs or write on this thread

I am a firm believer that rules are put in place not to restrict us but to protect us. Since you've now broken the rules you are not necessarily safe. I say this because I have no control over what other users that follow my threads do. Unfortunately, some of them are easily angered and do rash things. Some of your thread ratings might have suddenly dropped due to them giving you 1 star ratings. You might also have received hateful PMs as well. Probably the best example is being told you app "sucks" right here on this thread. (For the record, I think your app does a great job and serves its purpose on those HTC devices you referred to earlier. The Icon is nice too! :) )

I feel that xda is an excellent opportunity to learn and grow and so I'm not trying to demean you in any way with any advice I offer to you. I think you do great work and appreciate that you were polite to me with your previous comments.

What saddens me is that great developers like you lose credibility for not trying to settle disputes via PM like you're supposed to. Rather than sounding intelligent you should like a bunch of hotheads when you hijack some "lesser" developers thread and condescendingly call them out on "stealing" your work. Even if I had maliciously stolen you work (instead of accidentally which is the case here) and not given you credit you still could have PMed me to remind me of the forum rules and to request that I give you the credit you deserve in the OP. That would only reflect positively on you as a developer and your name would be widespread across the forum (and the world, which is what you want right?). Instead your demanding that I remove the app makes everyone see you as "another angry developer on xda" and as such they immediately begin to discredit your work.

Again, my apologizes for any damages cause by users on this thread due to low ratings or malicious attacks. It's out of my control at this point but I really am sorry if your credibility as a developer has been effected in any way.

I will look forward to seeing you in the future and will most certainly ask your permission if I decided to use any of your apps.

Regards,
    Cl3Kener
    Hey Everyone,

For anyone interested in having AWESOME AUDIO in other AOSP 4.2.2 builds, you should check out my latest MODS folders. Now you can flash WALKMAN by itself, AUDIO TWEAKS ONLY, WALKMAN PLUS AUDIO, or you can practically make anyone’s build behave like mine do if you flash the EVERYTHING zip (AWESOME_AUDIO+ALL_TWEAKS+WALKMAN.zip). I’m doing this so that you don’t have to wait for me to try the latest nightly or someone else's build for that matter. Here are the links to my two MODS folders. The easiest is on goo.im because it should show up under the compatible ROMs section thanks to my placeholder.zip. :D (Don’t download placeholder.zip it won’t flash)

http://d-h.st/users/Cl3Kener/MODS
    http://goo.im/devs/Cl3Kener/MODS

Enjoy taking the ROM of your choice to the next AUDIO level! I haven’t had a chance to try this on every build yet but I assume it should work on ALMOST any AOSP 4.2.2 ROM. (It may even work with AOSP 4.1.2. I haven’t tried that yet so if you’re brave let me know whether it works or not.) As always, let me know if any of these MODs don’t work with a specific ROM flavor/variety you tried so I can make a list of what does and doesn’t work and hopefully find a fix for the ones that aren’t working.

Cheers!
    Cl3Kener

PS None of these MODs will remove Apollo so you’ll have to do that manually. If I have enough interested I’ll add an Apollo-removing MOD as well tomorrow.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone