This is a custom rom for the Kindle Fire HDX 8.9” that is very close to being AOSP. All amazon services have been removed.
• All amazon apps removed
• All amazon background services removed (including OTA update)
• Google services added (play store, gmail, gallery...)
• AOSP launcher and apps
• Rear video camera not working
• Device administrators force closes upon selection
• Rendering of google maps
• Install/update SafeStrap
• Create a rom slot
• Flash/restore stock rom DATA to rom slot
• Flash apollo-gapps-rom-v1.2 if you are on 22.214.171.124 or apollo-gapps-rom-v1.3 if you are on 126.96.36.199.
• For working Kindle Reader, install from the link below and set Play Store App to not auto-update it.
IMPORTANT: Please be aware of the following:
• I have only tested apollo-gapps-rom-v1.3 on 188.8.131.52.
• If you are on a version earlier than 184.108.40.206 then apollo-gapps may/may not work.
• Do NOT update to apollo-gapps-rom-v1.3 if you are on 220.127.116.11
Have been working away quietly in the background on a full aosp build from source. Have made loads of progress since last update.
I now have the device going through full bootup, with full GPU acceleration enabled. Bluetooth is working, but WIFI is not... Need to also debug audio too.
This is based on the 18.104.22.168 stock kernel. I looked at the changes between this kernel and the 22.214.171.124 release and there were no significant improvements made between them. The only significant update was the GPU driver had some extra code added which is the cause of the blank screen when trying to run apollo gapps 1.2 with amazon's latest update.