This version is now discontinued. find the data2ext version or tmous version here
--- FIRST OF ALL, PLEASE READ POST 2 FOR UPDATED FAQ. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR ISSUES, MOST PROBABLY YOU WILL FIND THE ANSWER THERE WITHOUT NEEDING TO POST A NEW MESSAGE ---
I'm not a dev. I'm just a curious user that want to learn, fail, search, retry, fail again and then succeed also thanks to people here that helped me with tips and knowledge sharing
This is a personal build made for my self, based on DESIRE HD.
Is 90% stock, % battery indicator and some animations/icons.
It's fully DEODEXED so you can theme it as you want.
I tried also to keep most of the apps, wallpapers and other stuff in it.
But most important it uses DATA.IMG on SDCARD so you dont have to worry about storage limite on LEO512
Please note: this, as happenend whe using Android from SD, could cause data corruption and causes a little lag during app installation. There is nothing I can do to solve those two issues. You are warned!
Credits and thanks:
-Cotulla and DFT for making all this possible
-darkstone for his big help
-mdeejay for initrd.gz (modified by me to support data.img) and kernel
-Kouno.Takaaki for his idea and init file
-imilka for help me solving wifi issue
-all people on #htc-linux
and probably a lot of other people I'm forgetting
- Deodexed and Zipaligned, not sqashfsed
- Latest kernel
- Rooted (SU app + permessi SU)
- 5mpx camera with face recognition + 800*400 camcorder
- HSDPA, GPS, Bluethoot, WiFi all working
- % battery icon and status bar icons changed (use original framework-res.apk to go back to stock attached in 2nd post)
- fonts changed (use original fonts to go back to stock attached in 2nd post)
- Working HTC-SENSE.COM (at least for me)
- data.img on SD support
Everything except stock HTC Reader (removed)
2.0 New base Desire HD 1.72.405.3 RMNET Rooted (su + Superuser APP) Bootanimation changed Bootsound changed (very very low, just a "beep") Auto APN AdsFree (updated) New Advanced Power menu (credit to reef2009) New initrd/data2sd system (credit to Takaaki.Takuno) some minor tweaks & fixes 1.0 - Initial Release Based on RUU 1.32.405.6 Removed HTC E-Reader Removed SoundHound Removed AmazonMP3
- You need at least MAGLDLR 1.10
- Download the Data size package you want
- Unzip it and copy all the content to your SD root respecting the folder structure. Insert the SD in the HD2
IF YOU NOT DO THIS BEFORE, YOUR INSTALLATION WILL FAIL
IF YOU ARE ON A 1024 LEO YOU CAN AVOID THIS.
- Download the RAFDROID HD package
- Unzip it on your computer, enter in MAGDLR bootloader, choose USB flasher, connect your HD2 to your computer and use INSTALL.EXE
- Wait the rebooting. Keep always the SD inside.
- First install takes up to 5 min
- As all HD build, initially this will be slugghis and lagging, specially if you select to restore your google settings. The build will become fast after some hours and a couple of reboots.
WARNING 1) Data system changed between RafDroid HD1 and RafDroid HD2. Now you need a "config.txt" in the data2sd folder. I suggest to old 1.0 users to download the new packages here to be sure that all works.
WARNING 2) I assure compatibility only with 512 and 1024 data images. Using bigger images, specially more than 2gb, could cause issues (no boot, errors installing apps...)
WARNING 3) I suggest always to start with a fresh data.img. Anyway you can try too keep your old data.img but I cannot assure you that you will have no bugs. Important is to keep the "data2sd" folder with the config.txt inside.
DATA PACKAGE for RAFDROID HD 2.0 512MB -> http://www.multiupload.com/MA47VX8ALS
DATA PACKAGE for RAFDROID HD 2.0 1024MB -> http://www.multiupload.com/6BA2EZ49L0
RAFDROID HD 2.0 -> http://www.multiupload.com/CLK8LXQG0M
DATA PACKAGE 512MB -> http://www.multiupload.com/F91OFAFDX7
DATA PACKAGE 1024MB -> http://www.multiupload.com/GWRDNTXALF
RAFDROID HD 1.0 -> http://www.multiupload.com/P2AWG7IRR7
If you need more space, you can replace the data.img with ones bigge but I NOT SUGGEST THIS. We have clues that data.img bigger than 2gb causes issues. So please, if you want to avoid bugs, stay with 1gb maximum that is plenty space for everything.
I dont think it's fair to ask for donations because all this was possible thanks to the people credited above.
Anyhow, because some one pm'ed me asking to donate, and becouse I spent a lot of time in this, if you want to buy me a coffee for all the time I spent, you can do this here DONATE
Anyway I would suggest to donate to Cotulla and DFT team and other devs.
BE ADVISED: THIS BUILD, CAUSE IT'S SIZE, WILL WORK ONLY WITH THIS METHOD OF DATA2SD. IT'S TOO BIG TO WORK WITHOUT IT. EXCEPT FOR 1024 LEO WHER IT *SHOULD*(MUST BE TESTED) WORK WITHOUT DATA.IMG