[DISCONTINUED][GSI][11] LineageOS 18.x GSI (all archs)

Should I build *B with EXT4 share duplicate blocks?

• Yes - my /system is small, I need every bit of space saving to make it fit

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • No - I'm not short on space, and/or I prefer mountable /system

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread
Mar 12, 2011
Fortaleza
[Xiaomi Mi Play: 'lotus']

Hey there... I have a A partition scheme device (Xiaomi Mi Play, 'lotus').

I've attempted to install/boot 18, 17. While they won't even show the boot animation, version 16 is working. I'm using it for couple days.

The questionar: Is it possible to upgrade by flashing 17 or 18 'over it' with an img? Not a clean install, I mean.

Or flashing via twrp or 'fastboot flash system' will result the same as 'dd' command and ultimately will result in data loss?

I'd like to know this way works because I wasnt able to reproduce anything promising by clean installing 17 or 18.

Thanks!

UPDATE:

I've attempted to flash without formatting and performing clean installs. I was unable to make it work. Thanks all.

Last edited:

Crrrr

[Xiaomi Mi Play: 'lotus']

Hey there... I have a A partition scheme device (Xiaomi Mi Play, 'lotus').

I've attempted to install/boot 18, 17. While they won't even show the boot animation, version 16 is working. I'm using it for couple days.

The questionar: Is it possible to upgrade by flashing 17 or 18 'over it' with an img? Not a clean install, I mean.

Or flashing via twrp or 'fastboot flash system' will result the same as 'dd' command and ultimately will result in data loss?

I'd like to know this way works because I wasnt able to reproduce anything promising by clean installing 17 or 18.

Thanks!

UPDATE:

I've attempted to flash without formatting and performing clean installs. I was unable to make it work. Thanks all.

If your problem is data loss you can use the Migrate app.

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Updated all variants with May security patches. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]

EDIT: Some bootloops happened below. Until those are cleared (resolved, or at least figured out why), exercise extra caution.

Last edited:
Reactions: ROO3VER

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
What @gregeerg sent me:
Code:
E AndroidRuntime: *** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: main
E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Signature mismatch on system package com.qualcomm.qti.logkit.lite for shared user SharedUserSetting{11ffcb2 android.uid.system/1000}
Looks like the OS is tripping over a non-standard vendor app, and even more unexpectedly, if I understand correctly, happens on a clean wipe too.

@Mohinesh @keymanhattan Please post here in public (no PMs - leave debug traces available for searching in the future):
At least 1) which phase you looped at (OEM logo? LOS logo?), 2) wiped data or not and 3) does PHH's final AOSP R build work for you;
And ideally 1) logcat on this release, and 2) which (if any) previous LOS release once worked.

Last edited:

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Correct, clean wipe/install. Not sure how to proceed.
At least you have ADB. While bootlooping, try:
Code:
adb shell
su
pm disable com.qualcomm.qti.logkit.lite
reboot
And see if it goes further. If not, more logs, it might get stuck on some other apps.

I've added some more needed info on the above post, please go through and let me know what you missed too.

Also, I've tried reproducing on my side using a copy of the app I found in FairPhone 3. Unfortunately I can only semi-reproduce it - it does spew out a similar error on directly installing the APK:
Code:
INSTALL_FAILED_SHARED_USER_INCOMPATIBLE: Reconciliation failed...: Reconcile failed: Package com.qualcomm.qti.logkit.lite has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.system; ignoring!
...but when embedded into vendor, it doesn't cause a bootloop and seems to just get ignored silently with no mentions of it.

keymanhattan

Dec 23, 2012

jfudisj_17639

Jun 2, 2022
Hi, so I installed this GSI on my SM-A125F and I have a problem: when I boot the phone it works perfectly, but when i lock the screen or it goes black, the touch doesn't work anymore until I reboot the system and the same again.
Can anyone help me please? Thank you.

Last edited:

Crrrr

It's not that clear cut. Go back to that post and post all info as required there.

In general (not only for this update) I get a bootloop at the LOS logo after recharging my Samsung A20e from zero battery. However, I discovered that if I simply log to TWRP and from there I select reboot to system I get a normal boot. Maybe this could do the trick in this case as well ...?

tosiaczus

Nov 5, 2010
Samsung A51 sm-a515f
Version below works fine
lineage-18.1-20211108-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS-vndklite

Version:
lineage-18.1-20220511-UNOFFICIAL-arm64_bvS-vndklite
cause bootloop

After Samsung's boot logo there is black screen for few seconds and reboot.
There is logfile in the attachment. console-ramoops-0

Last edited:

tosiaczus

Nov 5, 2010
In general (not only for this update) I get a bootloop at the LOS logo after recharging my Samsung A20e from zero battery. However, I discovered that if I simply log to TWRP and from there I select reboot to system I get a normal boot. Maybe this could do the trick in this case as well ...?
In that case I am disoonnecting the usb and then restart phone pressing vol- + power and then connect usb again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reason I'm still on OxygenOS is there hasn't been reliable TWRP for Oneplus Nord n100
    Oneplus Nord N100 is arm64 a/b. I did read the guide on page 1 but I dunno with custom recover it would be so easy and custom recovery is important.
    ...? You should be flashing GSIs from fastboot/d. Custom recovery has never been important.
    640px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

Background:
    This is a natural continuation/extension of the LineageOS 17.x GSIs I've been making since November 2019.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Disclaimer:
    This is still mostly a LineageOS team / PHH @phhusson effort, credits to them and all associated for making all this possible.
    No flashing instructions will be offered. If you're here in this forum, you should know what you're doing.
    No guarantees that everything would work. This is a GSI, bugs are bound to happen.

Download:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/files/
    Compressed as .xz archives - extract first.
    Vanilla except for these changes:
    • Modifications needed to make it build/boot/feature-complete
    • Revived navbar layout tuning via sysui_nav_bar tunable
    • Disabled "vendor mismatch" warning on boot
    • Signature spoofing support from MicroG
    • Default stretch-to-fullscreen (force apps to render in longer than 16:9)

Stuff on GitHub (builders-only):
    Since builders' stuff aren't really interesting to end users, I decided not to separately document the modifications needed in this post; instead just check out the scripts/patches, where most things should be self-explanatory: lineage_build_unified, lineage_patches_unified (where patches_treble_phh contains PHH's treble_patches adjusted for LOS). Not the cleanest code, but should help if you need some clues.

Donate?
    https://paypal.me/AndyCGYan
    Reserved

Couple of things to note:
    • I now have a rather taxing day job, and can't devote nearly as much time/effort into this as I did as a student.
    • As always, you are strongly advised to try PHH's AOSP first and identify/report issues there, before moving onto other GSIs that are based on his work. Please report bugs here only if it's specific to this GSI.
    • Thanks to patches from @eremitein , Magisk compatibility is partially restored. For devices that still don't play well with it (e.g. kernel restrictions implemented by OEM), use PHH-SU instead. Install the app and you'll get root for apps.
    • A-only and VNDKLite targets are now generated from AB images instead of built from source, see sas-creator. Kinda hacky and might be buggy. Move on to an AB device if you can.
    • To mount /system RW on AB devices, refer to this.
    • exfat SD cards still don't seem to work. Any help related to this would be appreciated.
    Initial builds are based on PHH v300.j and December security patches.
    Building-related bits have been published, but only for AB targets - I'm not sure if I want to integrate sas-creator yet.
    Updated all variants with March security patches and in sync with PHH v302. [Insert obligatory backup-and-test warning here]

Two years of GSIs. Life is trying to rob me of this "hobby" - I'll keep this going as long as I can handle it.
    March patch is ready, but due to lack of time, I'll have to postpone this month's update for a while. I worked on it yesterday but couldn't figure out a core problem in time.