[**DISCONTINUED**][GUI][RC2][GPL][3-21-2011] HTC Inspire 4G Simple One Click

Search This thread

android4545

Feb 25, 2012
New York, NY
Here is an easy fix just for you. :)

Download http://www.inspiringandroid.com/htc/inspire/PD98IMG.zip .

Put it on the root of your sd card. (Yes you want overwrite the other one.)

Boot into the bootloader while your phone is powered down by holding volume down and power.

Select bootloader if you need too, if not it should search for a zip and then ask you to install the update.

Install the update.

Press power to reboot.

Done!

Enjoy your phone. :D

This has been tested and will be the cooked rom included in the next release, superuser works, and so should rom manager and all root programs alike. :)

Is there any way you could post a new link? I think this ones broken

jimmyport

Jan 2, 2013
Changelog

Changelog

*NEW* 3-21-11_RC2.exe (539mb)

- with the help of ClearD98, revised instructions for the rooting and exploit process
- changed the buttons around a bit
- added 'fixes'
- clockwork fix is now in 'fixes'
- removed 'optional' as nothing was functional (will be added back soon)
- added 'F.A.Q.' button for frequently asked questions and problems you may encounter
- fixed superuser errors in the final PD98IMG.zip

HTC_Inspire_4G_Simple_Root_S-OFF_RC1.exe (543mb) 3-02-2011

- bumped to release canidate
- fixed bloat removal option
- merged run.bat and exploit.bat
no longer seperate windows
- double pause commands
2 pauses each time instead of one to combat rushing or accidental key presses
- slight name change
- slight ui change
- fixed typo in run.bat to remove PD98IMG after downgrade
- added gold card maker before one click
- removed music
- reduced quite a bit of mb from the program itself
- changed paypal button
- updated cooked rom to not include HSPA (seems to be slower for most) and to now include
rom manager and the latest Superuser.apk
- added "unknown sources" to the applications menu
can now install apks from the phone itself
- added clockwork recovery as the recovery.img in the cooked rom
pulled from koush's site
- various bug fixes and slight speed improvements

Downloads

*NEW* 3-21-11_RC2.exe (539mb) 3-03-2011

is this out there any more? if so where i really need it.

ClearD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Is thee ace root kit available anymore? It's easy too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC Inspire 4G Simple Root and S-OFF
    Easy S-OFF, Root, and Clockwork Behind A Simple, Easy, Gorgeous GUI

GPL requires me to provide you all with the source of this project, of course it is subject to change with additional releases on the way. By downloading it, you understand that this is my work and not to be re-produced, but is for informative purposes only. Thank you.

Visual Basic 2010 source for RC2.

Here is a nice little user made video tutorial on using RC1 to obtain root and all the implied security disables.

Please take the time to read the F.A.Q, for answers to common question.

Want to show your support for me and what I'm doing, then please donate using the link under my name, to the left. :).
    Changelog

Changelog

*NEW* 3-21-11_RC2.exe (539mb)

- with the help of ClearD98, revised instructions for the rooting and exploit process
    - changed the buttons around a bit
    - added 'fixes'
    - clockwork fix is now in 'fixes'
    - removed 'optional' as nothing was functional (will be added back soon)
    - added 'F.A.Q.' button for frequently asked questions and problems you may encounter
    - fixed superuser errors in the final PD98IMG.zip

HTC_Inspire_4G_Simple_Root_S-OFF_RC1.exe (543mb) 3-02-2011

- bumped to release canidate
    - fixed bloat removal option
    - merged run.bat and exploit.bat
    no longer seperate windows
    - double pause commands
    2 pauses each time instead of one to combat rushing or accidental key presses
    - slight name change
    - slight ui change
    - fixed typo in run.bat to remove PD98IMG after downgrade
    - added gold card maker before one click
    - removed music
    - reduced quite a bit of mb from the program itself
    - changed paypal button
    - updated cooked rom to not include HSPA (seems to be slower for most) and to now include
    rom manager and the latest Superuser.apk
    - added "unknown sources" to the applications menu
    can now install apks from the phone itself
    - added clockwork recovery as the recovery.img in the cooked rom
    pulled from koush's site
    - various bug fixes and slight speed improvements

Downloads

*NEW* 3-21-11_RC2.exe (539mb) 3-03-2011
    Some like to see things visually. Nothing wrong with that is there.

Yeah, there absolutely is. Over time, the hack kit has been updated and improved, and the Sesame Street videos can't keep up.

Reading is fundamental. If someone is not inclined to read a few simple directions, then I'd rather they didn't use my stuff and just keep watching mTV and doing whatever else illiterate tweakers do. It pisses me off when I take the time to document a relatively simple process and the small number of people can't be bothered to read and make the most noise want to be hand held.

The majority of people who manage to get thru the process all by themselves with a minimum of research understand exactly what I am talking about. The hack kit has been downloaded about 40K times now. There is no way it could be as successful as it's been if the majority of people using it didn't take some initiative themselves.
    oh hell yea!! thanks man I'll be on the look out!! I had truely just given up.

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH CWM RECOVERY FADING TO BLACK AFTER THE HTC SCREEN FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW TO FIX PROBLEM.

I am going to assume a couple of things.
    * You are on Windows
    * You have S-Off and you have root (confirm otherwise this will not work)
    * You have the Hack Kit installed. IF YOU DO NOT, download it here...http://droid.neolobster.com/roms/ace-hack-kit-v9.tar.gz

- Make sure you turn off your antivirus software
    - Make sure on your phone Fastboot unchecked, USB Debugging checked, Charge Only
    - Connect your phone to computer via USB cable
    - Open a CMD window (as administrator) Start button, type CMD in search box, right-click on CMD and click on Run As Administrator
    - go to the directory where you unzipped the Hack Kit
    - in the CMD window type "hackerize-ace install-downgrade", you will see a message that ROM is being pushed to SD card, it'll take a little while. (do not close CMD window)
    - After pushing ROM your phone should reboot automatically and you may see your computer installing driver files (don't worry if it does not successfully install all drivers).
    - At the FASTBOOT USB menu press power. Your phone will search for the downgrade rom and start loading PD98IMG.zip file (blue progress bar on right, be patient).
    - Confirm Start Update
    - Then reboot
    - Go through the Setup on your phone, check to make sure Fastboot unchecked, USB Debugging on and Charge Only
    - Go back to the CMD window and type "hackerize-ace rage" (do not close CMD window)
    - Start Visionary program on the phone
    - Click Temp Root Now, then try Perm Root (it'll say rooting device), allow superuser.
    - Your phone should reboot
    - Start ROM manager and Flash Clockwork Recover (3.0.0.6 is fine)
    - Back to the CMD window and type "tools\win\adb reboot recovery"
    - It should reboot your phone into Recovery Mode. For the time being reboot your phone and just check the fastboot unchecked, usb debugging checked and charge only settings.
    - Go back to the CMD window and type "hackerize-ace setup-radio", "hackerize-ace flash-radio" which will reboot the phone into Fastboot mode. Press power to start the process.
    - Reboot phone
    - Go to the CMD window and type "hackerize-ace clean" (removes zip file from sd card).
    - You won't have any sound until you install a ROM. I would suggest you start with CM7.
    - Download http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=ace (I'm currently using cm_ace_full-30.zip without any issues) and copy the file to the root of your SD Card.
    - Turn off your phone to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. Hold Vol-Down and press power, hold Vol-Down until Fastboot menu, press power to enter HBOOT mode (let it do its check), Vol-Down to select Recovery and press power, phone will boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
    -
    - First wipe your data/factory reset, then wipe cache partition.
    - Now you can install the CM7 Rom. Use Volume keys to select "Install zip from sdcard", press Power, Vol keys to select "choose zip from sdcard", press power, Vol keys to select cm_ace....zip(or any other ROM you download).
    - After you install CM7 you may also want to install Google Apps. Download the following file and repeat the "Install zip from sdcard" process above.
    - http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/gapps/gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip

Good Luck!
    This has not been discontinued it will be updated, if not this weekend.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App