Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
Last edited:
Reactions: kstephens98

didhiy

Mar 29, 2011
Jakarta
Cool we updated on aries too thanks to DerTeufel well you know him lol

Will this work for the epic for usb otg https://github.com/sztupy/samsung-kernel-aries/commits/android-samsung-3.0-ics

I already try build with that and tested by someone ask for usb otg, the result still bad. I decide to revert all usb otg things after that test.
Both patch (crespo & aries) not cleanly applied, so there's still a possibility that it might works. For me, it something that I can't fix ;)

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
I already try build with that and tested by someone ask for usb otg, the result still bad. I decide to revert all usb otg things after that test.
Both patch (crespo & aries) not cleanly applied, so there's still a possibility that it might works. For me, it something that I can't fix ;)

I did it all manually file-by-file and line-by-line it's going to take longer but I'm sure it's worth it.

didhiy

Mar 29, 2011
Jakarta
I did it all manually file-by-file and line-by-line it's going to take longer but I'm sure it's worth it.

I did that too (this might be bring some mistakes) + last fix for linaro by stratosk, while the crespo is easier to apply (less manual edit) the result still the same according to tester in previous post.
You may post your kernel build here and offer people that have the hardware to test. It will be great if the test working as desired.

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
I did that too (this might be bring some mistakes) + last fix for linaro by stratosk, while the crespo is easier to apply (less manual edit) the result still the same according to tester in previous post.
You may post your kernel build here and offer people that have the hardware to test. It will be great if the test working as desired.

Ill be able to finish it up in two days i have two more commits.

Sent from my m7206 using xda app-developers app

gophergun

Feb 18, 2008
If it's not too much trouble, could you upload a version without Voodoo Color? I like the performance features of this kernel, but Voodoo Color makes bars go across the screen when automatic brightness is on last time I checked.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

didhiy

Mar 29, 2011
Jakarta
If it's not too much trouble, could you upload a version without Voodoo Color? I like the performance features of this kernel, but Voodoo Color makes bars go across the screen when automatic brightness is on last time I checked.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

I think I can't do that, because it need separate branch with voodoo color commits reverted. Disable voodoo color in kernel config somehow still gave bad result for me.
Maybe you can try to adjust the auto brightness setting to avoid that problem. Something like this:
pe6e5uvy.jpg

didhiy

Mar 29, 2011
Jakarta
I really hate that I can't use your kernel any more :(
I actually loved the color and of course the overclocking :D
This green tint really bums me out though..... :(

One good thing about voodoo color is we can tune the value :) I think set the gamma to alternate or punchy setting was enough to prevent green tint showed up. And that easy to do because already preset in the app.
I've test the extreme gamma value (60,60,60) without green tint on my screen.

xfilemanx

Jun 2, 2011
Kansas City
One good thing about voodoo color is we can tune the value :) I think set the gamma to alternate or punchy setting was enough to prevent green tint showed up. And that easy to do because already preset in the app.
I've test the extreme gamma value (60,60,60) without green tint on my screen.

Its an app from the Play Store?

jeffreyjicha

Jun 21, 2010
Reno
Does anyone else get random reboots? Sometimes I'll be doing something like scrolling on Facebook or reading a text and suddenly my screen goes fuzzy for about 20 seconds and my phone reboots.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

didhiy

Mar 29, 2011
Jakarta
thats what I thought, I actually sat and played around with every setting in there the other day......green tint no matter what :eek::eek:

Yay, that's bad... I'll try a nutest
without voodoo color in next build
Meanwhile you can try "stock wanna be" build, it have oc too

Does anyone else get random reboots? Sometimes I'll be doing something like scrolling on Facebook or reading a text and suddenly my screen goes fuzzy for about 20 seconds and my phone reboots.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
I'll revert a commit (disable voodoo mdnie) for next nutest, seems it cause the trouble.

Reactions: xfilemanx

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone