[Discontinued][kernel]Fire -FORD stock up-streamed

Search This thread

mixmaxmux

Jul 27, 2012
Milano
Ohh, come now. It is not that difficult .. Just install LineageOS 12.1 and then flash the kernel with TWRP.

Yesterday I tried to install only the kernel and then magisk as lineage was already installed, but I had problems because when it started it remained a black screen.
To get back to normal I had to load the revamped rom first and then the lineage. Now the sequence is:
TWRP - format data and restart recovery
FLASH- lineage
FLASH GAPPS
FLASH KERNEL
FLASH superuser
it's right?

thanks

Rortiz2

Yesterday I tried to install only the kernel and then magisk as lineage was already installed, but I had problems because when it started it remained a black screen.
To get back to normal I had to load the revamped rom first and then the lineage. Now the sequence is:
TWRP - format data and restart recovery
FLASH- lineage
FLASH GAPPS
FLASH KERNEL
FLASH superuser
it's right?

thanks

Yes, but use SuperSU and not Magisk.

Reactions: mixmaxmux

mixmaxmux

Jul 27, 2012
Milano
Yes, but use SuperSU and not Magisk.

Hi,
I have follow the sequence , but after restart the tablet is freezed on animated lineage logo. I have to restar in TWRP ,flash the revamped ROM restart wait the boot of revamped , restart in TWRP, flash lineage,gapp,supeuser, restart and all is ok.
for me it's a mystery.
sorry for my inability (and for my English)

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
Hi,
I have follow the sequence , but after restart the tablet is freezed on animated lineage logo. I have to restar in TWRP ,flash the revamped ROM restart wait the boot of revamped , restart in TWRP, flash lineage,gapp,supeuser, restart and all is ok.
for me it's a mystery.
sorry for my inability (and for my English)

I still have that same issue too. SO far on the "ford" i have only been able to flash the kernel on the revampted os.

Not booting on LineagOS
or
Slim LP

No point in continuing upstream till I can find out why it is not booting on other roms.

Rortiz2

I know. I have been using DIFF to see what is different between them, But it is just camera lib, screen rotation, and boot,img

Nothing seems relevant.
These are the files that I replaced for port the ROM:
hwcomposer.mt8127.so
gralloc.mt8127.so
gralloc.default.so
camera.mt8127
libcameracustom.so
build.prop
And no, bootimg is not changed.

Reactions: mrmazak

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
These are the files that I replaced for port the ROM:
hwcomposer.mt8127.so
gralloc.mt8127.so
gralloc.default.so
camera.mt8127
libcameracustom.so
build.prop
And no, bootimg is not changed.

Well you didnt change boot.img,
but your not using that 5th gen boot.img, your updater-script does not flash it., So whatever boot.img you had installed before is re-used

Reynald0

Aug 23, 2017
Would be possible to add to it, more schedulers and more governors like the module that was done for a older version?

From my tests, switching to interactive cause a reboot of the device on 5th gen 3.10.54

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Would be possible to add to it, more schedulers and more governors like the module that was done for a older version?

From my tests, switching to interactive cause a reboot of the device on 5th gen 3.10.54
5th gen doesn't like interactive...nor would it benefit. Just not enough horsepower to make a meaningful difference in response time, performance or battery endurance over hotplug...even with aggressive tunings. Probably why it was excluded as there is a cost associated with calculating/switching frequencies.

Top Liked Posts