[DISCONTINUED][MOD][ALL VARIANTS] Miscellaneous Mods

Should I try to re-add compatibility with the G5?

• Total voters
Search This thread

nxb

Aug 19, 2010
eh, even 4.4 still works for most things. Newer versions of android are great if you're into spyware and dumbed down UIs. Nougat has this mod and patched camera libs going for it but I think IMS services are a little worse.

Another weird thing is that the mod force enabled multi-user ui and doubled the system UI tuner menu. Yea, not expecting any fixes from the dev but maybe someone will find this when setting up their phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST!!!​

This project has been discontinued! I no longer have the time or energy to develop these mods, and I'll be getting a new phone soon.
    Anyone familiar with Smali is welcome to continue development. The Smali "sources" are the mods themselves, and the Mod Control source is available on my GitHub. Just talk to me first.
    For future reference: this project was made for 7.0 Nougat, Stock LGUX. IT WILL NOT RUN ON OREO (assuming that actually comes).

DISCLAIMER:
    I take no responsibility if something goes wrong. This is an unofficial mod, and is not guaranteed to function. It may leave you with a bricked device, however unlikely, or a dead SystemUI. In any scenario, you choose to flash this free mod of your own volition, and you also take upon yourself the potential risks involved.

-----------------------------------

NOTES:

- This should work on all variants. The H990 series is included, but results are inconsistent on whether or not it actually works.
    - If it doesn't work for your device, look under the TROUBLESHOOTING section.
    - This mod replaces LGSignBoard, LGQuickTools, LGSystemUI, SBSignature, services.jar, framework.jar, and framework-res.apk, and installs the 3Minit applications.

FEATURES:

STABLE
    - AOSP Signal Bars and Icons
    - Stock (LG) Navbar Icons
    - 3Minit Support
    - 3Minit Support in the Second Screen
    - Fully-Featured Mini Statusbar in Immersive Mode – Includes 3Minit (Thanks, @Mentalmuso!)
    - Colored QuickTools, Navbar, Signature and AOD Signature
    - Flashable ZIP for installation
    - Brightness slider can be moved when Auto Brightness is enabled
    - System UI Tuner functionality enabled
    - Ripple animations for QuickTools when pressed
    - 8 new QuickTools: Settings, Airplane Mode, Location, WiFi Hotspot, Rotation, Location, NFC, Mobile Data, Sync
    - 5x4 QS layout
    - Adaptive Brightness
    - AOSP Power Menu

INSTRUCTIONS:
    Code:
    [B]1. Back up the following:
    [CODE]- /system/priv-app/LGSystemUI/
    - /system/priv-app/LGSignBoard/
    - /system/priv-app/LGQuickTools/
    - /system/priv-app/LGSettings/
    - /system/app/SBSignature/
    - /system/framework/framework.jar
    - /system/framework/framework-res.apk
    - /system/framework/services.jar
    2. Download Mod Control and launch the app. Grant root access and follow the installation prompts.
    3. Profit?[/B]
    [/CODE]

SCREENSHOTS:

TROUBLESHOOTING:

- If you get stuck in a bootloop or an app-crash loop, see if you can grab a logcat, while dismissing the crash notification a few times:
    Code:
    adb logcat > log.txt
    Send me that file, and I'll take a look. In the meantime, dirty flash your ROM or restore your backups so you at least have a working phone.

- If a page disappears from SignBoard, delete the following folders (after restoring your backup) under /data/data/ and reboot:
    Code:
    com.lge.provider.signboard
    com.lge.signboard
    com.lge.signboard.settings

- If you have a problem not mentioned here, or these solutions did not work, tell me, but include detail.

KNOWN ISSUES:

- Null signal icon always Stock.
    - Stock signal icon shows 4G instead of LTE.

OTHER:

- Request a feature!
    - Tell me if there's an issue. I'll do my best to fix it.

- If you're on WETA ROM and you're enjoying the always-on statusbar Immersive Mode feature, you can install this mod and keep that. Just run:
    Code:
    adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.status=*
    To revert, run:
    Code:
    adb shell settings put global policy_control null
    Remember to also turn on the following option:
    Code:
    Settings>>Second screen>>More>>Show time while content is shown

- There's stuff I've forgotten to mention here I'm sure, so ask away.

USAGE:
    Anyone is welcome to package this mod into a ROM or other bundle. I just ask that you tell me and give some form of credit.

CREDITS:

- @Team DevDigitel for getting me on Google Play.
    - @OvrDriVE for the 3Minit implementation.
    - @Mentalmuso for the statusbar implementation in Immersive Mode and the zip binary/
    - @syndre for the Sprint SystemUI, which tipped me off to how to get stock icons properly.
    - @lingo2012 for testing on the US996 and reporting.
    - @daxgirl and @Wuby986 for ROM Control DB-option-change method thingy (https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-rom-control-app-devs-t3146567).
    - @ikrom for Smali implementation of ROM Control DB-changer (https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=62513292&postcount=2975).
    - @Serg for SH scripting help.
    - @onestyle007 and @akki7636 for testing on the G5. Couldn't have ported it without their help.

- 3Minit Battery: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2799958
    - 3Minit Clock: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/3minit-clock-mod-v1-0-t3400221
    - Advanced Power Menu: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/advanced-power-menu-root-t3227214

DOWNLOAD:
    Mods ZIP
    Use the Mod Control app to download/update the mods.

Mod Control App
    https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.zacharee1.modcontrolredesign

Mod Control Source
    https://github.com/zacharee/ModControlRedesign

XDA:DevDB Information
    [MOD][ALL VARIANTS] Miscellaneous Mods, Theme for the LG V20

Contributors
    Zacharee1

Version Information

Created 2018-02-07
    Last Updated 2018-02-16
    Q&A:

Where is Mod Control?
    By default, the launcher icon is disabled. Access Mod Control through System UI Tuner. If you're using the tabbed Settings view, change to List View.

How do I enable System UI Tuner?
    Open the notification shade, and hold down on the Settings gear until your phone buzzes (or about 5 seconds). Let go, and System UI Tuner will be enabled.

How can I edit the navigation bar?
    Open System UI Tuner >> Navigation bar
    So this is long overdue, but I'm going to be fixing up this mod.

Problems I've seen from you all:
    • QuickToggles and Navbar buttons are black by default.
    • Mod Control has to be a system app, otherwise it crashes.
    • Mod Control also just crashes a lot.
    • Mod Installer doesn't always work, and it's basically random chance whether or not it will.

Problems I have with it:
    • Mod Control and Mod Installer are a mess on the backend. They're open source, and anyone can confirm that.
    • Mod Control and Mod Installer are a mess on the frontend. Anyone who uses either knows that.
    • I made this mod before I even made an Android app, which definitely was not a good idea.

My plan:
    • I've already made it so the defaults will be white. It'll be like that when I release.
    • Instead of writing to Settings.System, which is pointless and what's causing crashes, I'll write to Settings.Global. The app technically won't even require root to operate, and won't need to be a system app.
    • I'm going to rewrite Mod Control, using more standard UI decisions and such.
    • I think I'm going to just go back to a flashable ZIP. I know that works fine, and you have to reboot to use the mod properly anyway, so it won't be much different.
    • Like I said above, I'm going to rewrite Mod Control and just get rid of Mod Installer.
    • Now I've had a bit more experience in Java programming, and that transfers, at least partially, to the Smali stuff I need to do.

Currently, I'm considering re-releasing Mod Control under a different package name. That means that it won't come as an update to the current app, but I'll be able to put it up on the Play Store again and start fresh.

NOTE: I will need someone who has the mod installed on their G5 to send me LGSignBoard, SBSignature, framework-res and lge-res. This project was pretty disorganized, so I want to start with files I know are correct.

Tell me what you all think.
    Hi zacharee. Thanks for your work. Is possible you add always on display like Samsung devices? The second screen is too small . The time Not detectable from a distance.
    And is possible to add round corners to notification panel and all system windows like ussd code response, and phone screen
    Like Samsung s8 and lg g6
    This is going to sound rude, but if you like the Samsung UI so much, maybe it's better to just get a Samsung phone.

An AOD on the main screen of this phone might be possible, but it's simply not practical. Samsung phones have OLED panels, so only the active pixels are lit. The V20 has an LCD, so the main backlight would need to be on to display any content; it would be just as power efficient as having the lockscreen never time out and go to sleep.

As for rounded corners, install a theme that has them. Even if I liked rounded corners in Material Design (I don't), I wouldn't want to force it on everyone else.
    I was wondering if it would be possible to request a few options for the next release. Would we be able to hide the bluetooth pop up and wifi pop up screens and also would it be possible to change the recent apps menu style or move the clear all option to the bottom right of the screen? Thanks for everything.

There aren't going to be any more releases.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone