DISCONTINUED [Note 5 Port][5.1.1][05/24/16][G900V] Norma_Note5Port_V3.44_VZW

Search This thread

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
This Is Important:
This is an aroma installer so you must use TWRP or Flashfire V31 and above. You will have the option in aroma installer to choose your type of install, Locked Bootloaders or Unlocked Bootloaders. The LockScreen will work on both locked and unlocked bootloaders. If you do not have unlocked bootloaders then do not wipe the dalvik cache or you will get Sytem UI FC. If you want to run xposed on locked bootloader you will have to disable stock lockscreen by setting lockscreen type to none. Then you will have to download a third part lockscreen app. Do this before you install xposed or wipe the dalvik cache. Stock MMS requires some mods to get working. Hangouts MMS works fine.

x6ejh1.png
29pvjbt.jpg

2w6cw8p.jpg

Original base N5 firmware
Port files taken from N5 Firmware:N9200ZCU2APA1
- N5 Apps/Libs-N9200ZCU2APA1
- Multi-languag
- Full QMG/SPR/BMP support
-

5379n6.jpg

- Alpha and Faster
- Rooted / Deodexed / Zipaligned / Busybox / Deknoxed
- Hispasian kernel Default, init.d and battery tweak
- Aroma with some Options​

ROM Features
- N5 Accuweather
- N5 TouchWiz Home with Themes Support
- N5 Message App with floating message support
- N5 Settings With All S6 Lockscreen Effect
- N5 Keyboard
- N5 Health
- N5 Smart Manager
- N5 Gallery
- N5 Photo Editor
- N5 Email
- N5 Dialer and Contacts
- N3 Camera
- N5 SystemUI
- N5 My Files
- N5 Music With N5 Equalizer
- N5 Calculator
- N5 Calendar
- N5 Galaxy Apps
- N5 WallpaperPicker
- N5 S Browser
- N5 Smart Remote
- N5 Clock
- N5 S-PEN
- N5 Video App
- N5 Memo & SNOTE
- N5 Voice Recorder
- N5 S Voice
- N5 Theme Store
- N5 Theme Center
Advanced Power Menu
- More!!

3146zw4.jpg
1.. Rom Control integrated. Change functions like clock, battery, network signal, 2.launcher animation control, long click to kill, status bar colour, toolbox and many, many, many more.
3. Infinite launcher scrolling - thanks Also a huge thanks to the team for allowing us to use some of their files for last release
4. Smooth as butter. You will never find a smother rom
5. Moded SMS app. You get the original timestamp and you could write a very very long text without the fear of your carrier charging you.
6. Many setting item available as a separate settings menu. E.g. Autostart, reading mode, side key panel etc
7. Different level of animation made available for selection. 0, 0.25, to 1.0
8. Beautiful frames
6. Recent menu rounded for beautification
8. Sound control from power menu
9.speed meter left or right
10-battery choise 3minit or stock
11. CHANGE DPI
USSD works out of the box
12. All toggles enabled...more than you will ever need
13. High volume warning disabled
14. Data toggle warning disabled
15. Play with system files as you ever want...framework properly patched
16. Latest apps, google search, Play Store and many more
17. Ability to completely remove all google services and app and restore with a single click. NORMAsettings for more customisation
18. Stagefright Vulnerability
19. added launcher icon for easy access
added RAM Cleaner
added Launcher transition animations
added Hide apps from launcher
added sound options - enable/disable some system sounds
removed AdAway icon
added DPI changer - changes DPI right away
added Device Name Changer (build.prop device)
added Build.prop editor for advanced users

##########################################################################
HOW TO FLASH TWRP UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS
Download the Rom from Download Link & put it on your device.
1..Boot to recovery and choose (for TWRP): Wipe --> Advanced Wipe --> Dalvik, System, Data and Cache. Then Swipe.
2..Now choose Install and search where you put the Rom.
3..Tap on it and swipe. Choose Unlocked Bootloader in aroma installer Wait until it install the Rom.
4..Reboot and wait that it complete the first boot: It takes around 12 minutes!
5..Enjoy the Rom.

HOW TO FLASH FLASHFIRE LOCKED BOOTLOADERS
1..Open FlashFire Choose Add Flash Zip or OTA
3..Tap on it. Leave default box checked to mount system click the ok check mark at top
View attachment 3742264

4..Now Add A wipe and wipe system, 3rd party apps, Dalvik Cache, and Cache Partition
View attachment 3742265

5..Now move the wipe box by holding down on it and move it above the Flash Zip or OTA Box. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT THE WIPE MUST BE DONE BEFORE THE ROM IS FLASHED OR YOU WILL GET SYSTEMUI FC!!!
View attachment 3742266View attachment 3742275View attachment 3742276View attachment 3742267

6..Now choose locked bootloader in aroma installer.

#############################################################################

If you like the rom and want to support all the work that the dev has done with it, please make a donation!

DOWNLOADS
Norma_Note5Port_V3.44_VZW.zip

ORIGINAL THREAD HERE

XDA:DevDB Information
ROM[Norma v3.1 G900X], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Special Thanks

Contributors
nunofgrd, wellaflex, komarov27,Malbert16442
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: TW

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3
Stable Release Date: 2016-04-14
Created 2016-04-14
Last Updated 2016-04-14

Last edited:

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
To Get MMS Working Follow This Thread

Or you can flash this MMS_Fix.zip But it may not theme properly. After you flash you will have to goto Applications and clear data on Messages

THE BELOW ZIPS ONLY PERTAIN TO PEOPLE WITH LOCKED BOOTLOADERS
The locked bootloader install will install a different SecSettings.apk which will allow lockscreen swipe and disable from settings and also let you edit apns. You can still access rom control from the apps. If your running verizon sim and dont need access to apn editing then you can flash this zip which will put the Secsettings back in the rom, that has the autostart, app opps, led modding and a few other options but once flashed you can not edit apns you can add new ones but you can not edit existing ones. The swipe lockscreen and disable option should still work from settings apk
Settings_Fix_V3.3.zipAlso will work on V3.4

If your locked bootloader and need to wipe dalvik cache flash below zip right after you wipe and this will keep lockscreen working
LockScreen_FC_Fix_V3.3.zip
LockScreen_FC_Fix_V3.4.zip

Last edited:

RichyValents

Mar 19, 2016
Tengo el bootloader desbloqueado y se instala bien la rom pero solo inicia donde se configura el lenguage y luego se apaga y asi continua siempre

pyrite123

Aug 27, 2013
Installing this now, will leave feedback when done.
Thanks so much in advance for this, and everything that you do Jrkruse. As well as thanks to the developers~

Edit: Works great, looks great imo, and is a nice change of pace from the good ol' Alliance ROM.
Using for Locked Bootloaders btw. So far 10/10 experience.

Last edited:

tbclandot

Mar 8, 2016
Jrkruse you are the man one of the best developers out there! I'm about to flash this as I was on a Android M AOSP 6.0.1 rom but I actually miss Touchwiz especially for my Gear S Verizon hurry up with Android M already lol

Stupifier

Jun 8, 2010
For those with Locked Bootloader, Can Safestrap still work on this ROM? And If So....what Kernel would one flash to go back to ROM once done using Safestrap? Can you enlighten us more on what Kernel this ROM uses/needs and if the standalone kernel is Safestrap flashable?

I already understand that the ROM itself uses AROMA installer and will need FlashFire/TWRP to flash....I'm just curious about the Kernel and SafeStrap AFTER the ROM is up and running. In OP under "Features" it lists "Hispasian kernel Default"....I have no clue what that is or if that mention is just a Copy/Paste from the Original ROM and our special Verizon S5 port uses a different Kernel.

Future thanks for clarifying some of this for me (and others I think too).

Last edited:

pyrite123

Aug 27, 2013
In OP under "Features" it lists "Hispasian kernel Default"....I have no clue what that is or if that mention is just a Copy/Paste from the Original ROM and our special Verizon S5 port uses a different Kernel.

I believe that kernel part doesn't apply to locked bootloader users.

Stupifier

Jun 8, 2010
For those with Locked Bootloader, Can Safestrap still work on this ROM? And If So....what Kernel would one flash to go back to ROM once done using Safestrap? Can you enlighten us more on what Kernel this ROM uses/needs and if the standalone kernel is Safestrap flashable?

I already understand that the ROM itself uses AROMA installer and will need FlashFire/TWRP to flash....I'm just curious about the Kernel and SafeStrap AFTER the ROM is up and running. In OP under "Features" it lists "Hispasian kernel Default"....I have no clue what that is or if that mention is just a Copy/Paste from the Original ROM and our special Verizon S5 port uses a different Kernel.

Future thanks for clarifying some of this for me (and others I think too).

I believe that kernel part doesn't apply to locked bootloader users.

Well....if I had to guess, Locked Bootloaders will still be using/running BP1 Firmware/Kernel. I just wanted confirmation on that.

Separate Issue:
Red Text in OP says "disable stock lockscreen by setting lockscreen type to none". Unfortunately, "None" is completely greyed out and it says "Turned off by administrator, encryption policy or credential storage". This is how it was from a fresh ROM flash of this. Please help

Last edited:

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Very nice instructions, installer does have option to keep or wipe data, great option. Everything went super smooth. Jrkruse, you are the best of the best and we all appreciated to have you supporting our device. I dont think I will need another phone for the next 2,3 years!!!Again thank you, think you and think you. Will report back with performane and battery life.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

tbclandot

Mar 8, 2016
Very nice instructions, installer does have option to keep or wipe data, great option. Everything went super smooth. Jrkruse, you are the best of the best and we all appreciated to have you supporting our device. I dont think I will need another phone for the next 2,3 years!!!Again thank you, think you and think you. Will report back with performane and battery life.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Love this rom just sucks I had to downgrade to Lollipop from M to get my Gear S to work. Wish someone would port a TW Android M rom for our S5 but I guess we have to wait until Verizon releases it.... a tiny problem I have with the rom is the super dated Android security patch but I guess that's very minor

Stupifier

Jun 8, 2010
Anyone figure out how to truly disable the LockScreen though? That option seems greyed out. jrkruse says we have to disable the damn thing to install Xposed without getting FC's on locked bootloader.....but we can't even disable the thing. Can't install xposed without figuring this out.

Is there some sort of LockScreen Fix we need to Flash to disable lockscreen? I'm at a total loss here and really need xposed on this ROM if I'm gonna use it.

Last edited:

i9192droid

Mar 9, 2015
Tengo el bootloader desbloqueado y se instala bien la rom pero solo inicia donde se configura el lenguage y luego se apaga y asi continua siempre

Please post in english, forum rules (Por favor amigo publica en inglés, son las reglas del foro)
@jrkruse thanks for your work, but im gettin the same issue, bootloop in the welcome and choose languaje screen... im in unlocked bl, i tried wiping dalvik and cache but still not working... any help?

Stupifier

Jun 8, 2010
Please post in english, forum rules (Por favor amigo publica en inglés, son las reglas del foro)

@jrkruse thanks for your work, but im gettin the same issue, bootloop in the welcome and choose languaje screen... im in unlocked bl, i tried wiping dalvik and cache but still not working... any help?

If it helps add any information, My phone also rebooted at the screen, but only once. After that, it was fine. I noticed this was repeatable behavior as well. For other reasons I had to re-install this ROM. Same thing happened on my 2nd install of the ROM. After that first reboot on the welcome screen, everything was good and I could continue.

i9192droid

Mar 9, 2015
If it helps add any information, My phone also rebooted at the screen, but only once. After that, it was fine. I noticed this was repeatable behavior as well. For other reasons I had to re-install this ROM. Same thing happened on my 2nd install of the ROM. After that first reboot on the welcome screen, everything was good and I could continue.

Did you get bootloop?

Stupifier

Jun 8, 2010
Ah ok... youre lucky

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA-Developers mobile app

Not so sure it was luck either. I've installed this exact ROM 3 times now (been playing with stuff).......and see the exact same thing happen. Only reboots once at that Welcome screen each time I fresh install this ROM. Everything else is good.

I'm still struggling getting the damn LockScreen disabled lol

Last edited:

i9192droid

Mar 9, 2015
Not so sure it was luck either. I've installed this exact ROM 3 times now (been playing with stuff).......and see the exact same thing happen. Only reboots once at that Welcome screen. Everything else is good.

I'm still struggling getting the damn LockScreen disabled lol
At least you get bootloop once... in my phone is eternal [emoji22] i really want to test this rom...

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA-Developers mobile app

camcorder123

Mar 28, 2016
Grand Rapids
Was interested in this rom and came across something interesting in the features list - it mentions the S-Pen Does this really have support for Sammy's Pen? If so, to what extent (i.e. partial or complete support)?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Is Important:
    This is an aroma installer so you must use TWRP or Flashfire V31 and above. You will have the option in aroma installer to choose your type of install, Locked Bootloaders or Unlocked Bootloaders. The LockScreen will work on both locked and unlocked bootloaders. If you do not have unlocked bootloaders then do not wipe the dalvik cache or you will get Sytem UI FC. If you want to run xposed on locked bootloader you will have to disable stock lockscreen by setting lockscreen type to none. Then you will have to download a third part lockscreen app. Do this before you install xposed or wipe the dalvik cache. Stock MMS requires some mods to get working. Hangouts MMS works fine.

x6ejh1.png
    29pvjbt.jpg

2w6cw8p.jpg

Original base N5 firmware
    Port files taken from N5 Firmware:N9200ZCU2APA1
    - N5 Apps/Libs-N9200ZCU2APA1
    - Multi-languag
    - Full QMG/SPR/BMP support
    -

5379n6.jpg

- Alpha and Faster
    - Rooted / Deodexed / Zipaligned / Busybox / Deknoxed
    - Hispasian kernel Default, init.d and battery tweak
    - Aroma with some Options​

ROM Features
    - N5 Accuweather
    - N5 TouchWiz Home with Themes Support
    - N5 Message App with floating message support
    - N5 Settings With All S6 Lockscreen Effect
    - N5 Keyboard
    - N5 Health
    - N5 Smart Manager
    - N5 Gallery
    - N5 Photo Editor
    - N5 Email
    - N5 Dialer and Contacts
    - N3 Camera
    - N5 SystemUI
    - N5 My Files
    - N5 Music With N5 Equalizer
    - N5 Calculator
    - N5 Calendar
    - N5 Galaxy Apps
    - N5 WallpaperPicker
    - N5 S Browser
    - N5 Smart Remote
    - N5 Clock
    - N5 S-PEN
    - N5 Video App
    - N5 Memo & SNOTE
    - N5 Voice Recorder
    - N5 S Voice
    - N5 Theme Store
    - N5 Theme Center
    Advanced Power Menu
    - More!!

3146zw4.jpg
    1.. Rom Control integrated. Change functions like clock, battery, network signal, 2.launcher animation control, long click to kill, status bar colour, toolbox and many, many, many more.
    3. Infinite launcher scrolling - thanks Also a huge thanks to the team for allowing us to use some of their files for last release
    4. Smooth as butter. You will never find a smother rom
    5. Moded SMS app. You get the original timestamp and you could write a very very long text without the fear of your carrier charging you.
    6. Many setting item available as a separate settings menu. E.g. Autostart, reading mode, side key panel etc
    7. Different level of animation made available for selection. 0, 0.25, to 1.0
    8. Beautiful frames
    6. Recent menu rounded for beautification
    8. Sound control from power menu
    9.speed meter left or right
    10-battery choise 3minit or stock
    11. CHANGE DPI
    USSD works out of the box
    12. All toggles enabled...more than you will ever need
    13. High volume warning disabled
    14. Data toggle warning disabled
    15. Play with system files as you ever want...framework properly patched
    16. Latest apps, google search, Play Store and many more
    17. Ability to completely remove all google services and app and restore with a single click. NORMAsettings for more customisation
    18. Stagefright Vulnerability
    19. added launcher icon for easy access
    added RAM Cleaner
    added Launcher transition animations
    added Hide apps from launcher
    added sound options - enable/disable some system sounds
    removed AdAway icon
    added DPI changer - changes DPI right away
    added Device Name Changer (build.prop device)
    added Build.prop editor for advanced users

HOW TO FLASH TWRP UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS
    1..Boot to recovery and choose (for TWRP): Wipe --> Advanced Wipe --> Dalvik, System, Data and Cache. Then Swipe.
    3..Tap on it and swipe. Choose Unlocked Bootloader in aroma installer Wait until it install the Rom.
    4..Reboot and wait that it complete the first boot: It takes around 12 minutes!
    5..Enjoy the Rom.

HOW TO FLASH FLASHFIRE LOCKED BOOTLOADERS
    1..Open FlashFire Choose Add Flash Zip or OTA
    3..Tap on it. Leave default box checked to mount system click the ok check mark at top
    View attachment 3742264

4..Now Add A wipe and wipe system, 3rd party apps, Dalvik Cache, and Cache Partition
    View attachment 3742265

5..Now move the wipe box by holding down on it and move it above the Flash Zip or OTA Box. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT THE WIPE MUST BE DONE BEFORE THE ROM IS FLASHED OR YOU WILL GET SYSTEMUI FC!!!
    View attachment 3742266View attachment 3742275View attachment 3742276View attachment 3742267

6..Now choose locked bootloader in aroma installer.

If you like the rom and want to support all the work that the dev has done with it, please make a donation!

DOWNLOADS
    Norma_Note5Port_V3.44_VZW.zip

ORIGINAL THREAD HERE

XDA:DevDB Information
    ROM[Norma v3.1 G900X], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Special Thanks

Contributors
    nunofgrd, wellaflex, komarov27,Malbert16442
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: TW

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3
    Stable Release Date: 2016-04-14
    Created 2016-04-14
    Last Updated 2016-04-14

Geti threatened to create a false bootloader and brick everyones phone...
    Nunofgrd apparently used some of his files and gave him credit but Geti threatened to hide code that would brick everyones phone so Nunofgrd seems to have stopped work in two roms that use Geti`s files...
    I talked with Nunofgrd and everything is cool with this rom Geti did not get back with me. Nunofgrd said he was going to resume development on this rom. If he does I will update. But as far as anymore updates from me there will not be anymore unless a new build is released by Nunofgrd. Tmobile released MM and ATT is supposed to release MM this weekend. So hopefully by end of year verizon will release it. I will continue s5 developement once MM is released
    How do I turn off the notification flash?

Sent from my SM-N920V using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Rom control/phone advanced settings /advanced call settings/caller flash control

Sent from my SM-G920V using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Question, does the air view and air gesture work and is the stock email working where it doesn't FC when replying or composing an email? And is there a way to either get the launcher to continuous scroll both ways and/or select to remove Flipboard from being on a page? Just thought I'd ask. Would like something new but I'm more of customizing the device such as Jrkruse's AllianceROM and MOAR ROM's......:):D
    Air view and gestures work,email works now. You can set continuous scroll in custom settings. If you don't like flip board delete it. I'm not going to make any more verizon roms unless Marshmallow is released

Sent from my SM-G920V using XDA-Developers mobile app