• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Discontinued]Pixel Experience P[UNOFFICIAL][14.12.2018][S9/S9+/N9]

Search This thread

Hyapatia

May 4, 2018
Miami
Great SGSI so far , its really smooth , no heating eve after 3 hours of Youtube/Play Movies. The only problem i have found is that dual speakers are not working. Can you please brink a little fix for this? Also the Glove Mode is not working due to phh´s settings missing. Thanks in advance. And wish you Merry Christmas.

MidnightDevil

Apr 2, 2012
London
Redmi Note 9
Thanks for the latest build, incredibly smooth!
Just one thing, I can't get bluetooth on, stays on "Turning on bluetooth" and turns itself off.
Using the latest Endurance-Kernel-AOSP-1.1.6.
BRJ8 Vendor (Installed Soldier's BRJ8 with ELS Permissive), factory reset, installed Kernel (Endurance), flashed IMG to system.
Everything else seems fine.
Any hints?

Thanks again.

LavaSnake54

Aug 20, 2018
Thanks for the latest build, incredibly smooth!
Just one thing, I can't get bluetooth on, stays on "Turning on bluetooth" and turns itself off.
Using the latest Endurance-Kernel-AOSP-1.1.6.
BRJ8 Vendor (Installed Soldier's BRJ8 with ELS Permissive), factory reset, installed Kernel (Endurance), flashed IMG to system.
Everything else seems fine.
Any hints?

Thanks again.
To get Bluetooth working, you will have to set the SELinux to permissive.

mankadronit

Jun 22, 2018
Wifi issues

The wifi loses internet connectivity for a few minutes and then starts working again. ( Note: it doesn't disconnects, just loses internet connectivity). I had a similar issue in a previous gsi rom too. Does anyone knows a fix?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung Pixel Experience P
    By CodeFox & OpenSauce9810​

What is this?
    This is a Semi Generic System Image. That means it's a generic system image that's been optimised as much as possible for our Samsung Devices. This is what differentiates this rom from the one you can find in the Project Treble Forum. I also plan to provide regular updates and improvements very frequently. I'm aiming for weekly if not more.

Why not Rainbow_Dash?
    We're a part of the same team and he's taking a break from developing for the moment, so I'm going to do my best to support you with regular updates and support where possible. So his previous version should be considered redundant.

How the heck do I flash this?
    It's slightly different than flashing a zip, so here's what you need to do.
    • Download the image file
    • Flash BRJ6 Vendor (If you're not on it already)
    • Flash a compatible kernel (I believe Endurance Kernel AOSP Works fine)
    • Flash the System Image to your System Partition
    • Optional if you want root (but reccomended): Reboot to recovery again then flash your choice of Magisk. I use 17.1 as I can get galaxy wear to work with that version.
    • Reboot your device and you should be good to go! No need to flash gapps as they're included.

To boot recent GSI Builds, on S9/+ be sure to have:
    •BRJ6 Vendor
    •Eamons latest Endurance Kernel based on 8.1 (AOSP)
    •Soldiers latest ELS

*On some ROMs you will find Fingerprint doesn't work, so flash Soliders latest ELS, try and let your phone boot and then flash Endurance again after. You will notice your Fingerprint process isn't in a loop anymore*

What's different to the PE in project treble forum?

Thanks to GRaf for this guidance ^^

• Smoother UI Performance Fixes
    • Debloated unneccessary libs from other devices
    • Vibration Motor has been corrected (it's too powerful in GSI)
    • Regular Maintenance / Builds & Support

Changelog:
    30.11.2018 - Initial XDA Release & Unofficial rollout.

• Animation integers corrected to be smoother
    • Black boot-animation added, no more being blinded by the boot animation
    • Pixel Live Wallpapers included
    • High Resolution default wallpaper added

09.12.2018 (Now maintained by @malinathani
    • Made system ui a hella smoother compared to before
    • Face unlock works
    • Phh settings removed. All samsung options should now be persistent.

-Fixed fingerprint on note 9, should work now with almost any vendor so get the latest one
    -Almost everything works now

Bugs:
    Auto brightness and home button in always on display.
    You tell me

Downloads:
    System Image
    Link to Endurance Kernel Thread for compatible kernel
    Support & Feedback
    I'm happy to provide as much support as possible. Through XDA here or you can get in touch with me and the rest of OpenSauce9810 + our community at our Telegram group here

If you're happy with the work I've put into this (endless amounts of hours trying to perfect GSI building) then a simple thanks here or clicking the thanks button below is very appreciated!

Credits and Thanks
    Ivan - Thank you for helping me out every now and then when I'm being stoopid.
    Rainbow_Dash - Pointing me in the right direction with regards to fixing the errors.
    malinathani - For fixing the UI Jank which we experienced in GSI's. His fix is widely used in other GSI's now.
    GRaf - best tester
    The guys in telegram as a whole, thank you for the feedback and support.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Discontinued]Pixel Experience P[UNOFFICIAL][14.12.2018][S9/S9+/N9], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Contributors
    CodeFox, Rainbow_Dash, malinathani, Mohammed Nathani, Opensauce9810, Ivan Meler, phhusson
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: BRJ3 Vendor
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1
    Beta Release Date: 2018-11-30

Created 2018-11-30
    Last Updated 2019-01-07
    I've updated the OP with further guidance regarding getting it to boot. I don't have the S9/S9+ so I had to to go to a buddy and ask him. Hopefully this will help you get it booting now.
    Just a reminder this thread is no longer being updated. All future builds (there's been a few since the one here) can be found in our telegram. Link in OP.
    Updated thread with latest build. I keep forgetting to update the XDA thread. For anyone not already in our telegram just a heads up thats the place to get most up to date versions. See OP for link.
    Wait what...... You're telling us to flash an android 8.1 kernel to an android 9 rom?

Well we don't have a pie kernel sources yet, so yes. Plus it's a Generic System Image. The 8.1 kernel works fine.

New build posted. see OP for details.