DISCONTINUED - [ROM][10.jun.2011] Folio3x v0.3a for Folio100 (Honeycomb 3.0)

Search This thread

Sandor37

Nov 25, 2010
Honeycomb on Folio

I have successfully installed the Folio3x v0.3a on my Folio100 . It works, but with a lot of questions.
1. File manager does not show the content of my sdcard, nor that of my pendrive. Therefore I can not open files on them.
2. Flash seems not to oprate. (I have downloaded from the market the Adobe Flash 10.3. Is this the correct one for Folio/Honeycomb?)
3. Often I get a message that the application has stopped unexpectedly. What is the reason for that?
3. Angry Birds and Skype do not operate

Anyway, the Honeycomb seems to be very nice (when it is operating).

Please tell me what should work presently and what is expected only in the future?
sandor37

GotuX

Jan 31, 2010
Nooooooo...

really a bad bad bad news....... Say us where we can follow you again.
Thanks so much.
Stefano da Imola, Italia.

Nyarla

Mar 23, 2008
That's a really dark day for the Folio 100... no support from Toshiba anymore (did we really had it once??) and now dexter is gone after a problem with m-deejay.

I think it's about time to sell this tab and move to something with a real support, either from the cooks or the company that built it.

Bye dexter, we really appreciate your hard work, you brought some life to this tablet, I wish you all the best.

Luis

mambraxneol

Jan 31, 2009
Dexter, thanks very much to have given more months of live for your Folio with all of your Rom !!!!!

Congratulations, but now it is really the end of the Folio :mad:

May be we will see you again on an other hardware ;)

By.

SparkyRih

Jan 19, 2011
Roermond
I feel bad reading this...
I bought me a transformer 2 weeks ago, so I don't really care personally, but still... sad...

I blame Toshiba for this... next time I buy a toshiba product I'll think a couple days before I really buy it, after this messed up experience...

roglio

Sep 29, 2006
dexter thank you very much for your hard work on folio; before your mods, the folio was only a heartless device.

I only hope you don't give up with it.

see you soon elsewhere :)

shpitz

Sep 30, 2007
I received the Asus transformer, bat I continue to hold the Toshiba for my wife.

I hope there will be updates and additions to Toshiba.

shidima_101

Feb 24, 2011
Katwijk
www.treedevelop.com
Man that sucks! Dexter did so mutch for us! He made the folio come alive (amongst other stuff he did on xda) Drop me a line and i will follow you where ever you go!

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App

xan_vision

Mar 28, 2007
Interesting news

It is very sad to hear Dexter loosing interest in the Folio as the news progress slower :(, hope to see u back soon man!

But I found something that may change our delicate situation: A new version of the Vegacomb firm is in the cooking, and it still couldn´t solve problems like the lack of camera driver, instant lockups or hangups, but it adds:

- FLASH, not only in Opera, but any browser.

- YOUTUBE (either in browser or standalone app), with support for HD.

And all that (I presume) as consequence of ... (drum roll) TRRRRRRRRRRRR....

- HARDWARE ACCELERATED VIDEO DRIVER!!!!!!! (Oh yeah baby) All those games and demanding videos that we cannot play yet, running like butter on ice :D

Proofs:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1069389&page=49#481

video of the WIP version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kibJKwBQQKg

Once this is available, I hope Dexter don´t forget his legion and bring a version for our hungry Folios.

khaela

Nov 16, 2007
It is very sad to hear Dexter loosing interest in the Folio as the news progress slower :(, hope to see u back soon man!

But I found something that may change our delicate situation: A new version of the Vegacomb firm is in the cooking, and it still couldn´t solve problems like the lack of camera driver, instant lockups or hangups, but it adds:

- FLASH, not only in Opera, but any browser.

- YOUTUBE (either in browser or standalone app), with support for HD.

And all that (I presume) as consequence of ... (drum roll) TRRRRRRRRRRRR....

- HARDWARE ACCELERATED VIDEO DRIVER!!!!!!! (Oh yeah baby) All those games and demanding videos that we cannot play yet, running like butter on ice :D

Proofs:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1069389&page=49#481

video of the WIP version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kibJKwBQQKg

Once this is available, I hope Dexter don´t forget his legion and bring a version for our hungry Folios.

+1

Please, please, please...

Lucia

Mar 18, 2006
I cannot get Skype to work. When attempt to log in, I get an alert box which requires to install Skype or cancel the operation. Anyone with a similar problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The adaption of the released VegaComb / honeycomb 3.0 for our tegra2 brothers (advent vega and Adam) and is getting to a state where its usable and the latest release for Vega is working quite well on Folio100 as well. with modifications of course...

What is Honeycomb 3.0?
    Its the operating system upgrade that Toshiba will never delivet to our folio100, since its no longer supported by toshiba.. But the community gives you what the company did not! At least to a point where its possible within reasonable effort.. as not all source is available for rewriting drivers.

Credits for the intensive work done on this honeycomb 3.0 , is primarily done by NotionInk Adam and Advent Vega
    developers , which are: MrGuy , newbe5 , corvus , HomerSp
    I have just made the required changes to make it run on our Folio100.

Download Folio3x v0.3a here
    Wipe should not be required for existing 0.1 - 0.3 users. if nothing seems unstable.
    but NEW USERS always do a factory reset, or even "fastboot -w" to fix possible apps problems.

v0.3a
    1. - rebuild from 0.2 and adding changes from 0.3.
    2. - fixed 3G usb dongle problem
    3. - usb share to pc fix fix
    4. - apns conf now ok, apn location should be updated automatically.
    5. - core.android FC fix
    6. - dalvikcache update
    7. - compatibility mode disabled by default (FolioWidget settings is fullscreen now)
    8. - FakeGPS included (enable mock locations in Settings ->development) , so you use compass apps
      our tablet has no real GPS, but the device think so but does not find it and it crash apps requesting gps.
    9. - Sensors working.. (Thanks to newbe5 for the help)
    10. - Included the new graphics drivers (quadrant= 2D=130/3D=820)
    11. - adhoc support (use folio hc widget to enable, reboot after enabling)
    12. - PolarisOffice fix
    13. - included a fixed FolioWidget, for disabling folio100 softbuttons.

• to use foliowidget:
      • - add widget to desktop.
      • - click widget once.
      • - in menu enable Softbuttons once, to disable the softbuttons below the power led (normally)

PATCHES
    install patches below like you would install a full rom in recovery (Not ClockWorkMod), except this zip needs renaming directly to update.zip .
    do NOT unpack it first.

any version: Download sensor patch attached to this post, if you want to continue with earlier version and not upgrade.. this does not require a wipe at all, its one single file added to your system.

0.3a : Download bootanimation and copy to /system/media folder read more here , this will fix the "remember language and timezone issue"
    0.3a : Download bootanimation as patch, for those not able to copy file, here
    0.3a : Download rollback to regular kernel here
    0.3a : Download Overclockable kernel upto 1.5Ghz here
    OC Kernel might not enable 3G automatically so go into mobile network and disable/enable if it happens.

ALWAYS READ ME BEFORE POSTING Questions - FAQ and Status on folio100 edition of VegaComb.
    • - Flash works with Opera 11.10 release.
    • -
    • - Before you report any issues, you might check that other ports of this Honeycomb (which all pre-3.0 tablets use) already confirms not fixed.
      Do check VegaComb xda thread
    • -
    • - SOD problem: Others have used the OC kernel, and set the minimum speed to 456, and it solved the problem. But yes, you need the OC kernel + CPU Master as example.
    • -
    • - If you got problems running Any Angry birds game or other applications as example, you might need to use "fastboot -w " to erase userdata & cache . To enter fastboot mode, at bootup press 3 times power and then VOL+ .
    • -
    • - USB PORT: stick & 3G dongle must be inserted at bootup if needed. Kernel do not at this point automatically register usb port changes if inserted after boot is complete.
    • -
    • - At setup wizard, wifi scanning, reboot once, and setup wizard finds the networks at next boot
    • -
    • - Apps fail to start if running from sdcard.
    • -
    • - Bluetooth send/receive files is not working
    • -
    • - Volume control in Settings, still crash when tried opened..
    • -
    • - FakeGPS app is needed to start, if you open compass apps, that also read GPS information.
    • -
    • - language and timezone in full image, needs to have a bootanimation, then it remember language and timezone after reboot. See the PATCHES for the bootanimation.zip (copy zip manually to /system/media )
    • -
    • - MUSIC: music must be copied to /sdcard/music , and player finds it.
    • -
    • - Youtube - not all videos can be played, due to incompatibiliy issue with driver and codecs used. (but many do work)

I will do what is possible to bring it to a better state, but i cannot promise anything and maybe patches from vega/adam might actually work on our folio100 depending on what they change. (if its a patch)
    Thank you for this Honeycombport for our Folio. Is there something new about development? Fixed some issues?

to update all on the issues..
    Nothing really is changed, i tried to focus on the market download and apps run problem, but comparing it to 2 other tablet installs, it comes down to the kernel, but i cannot spot the difference which makes it fail to load libraries.

sensor seems to be the same issue, ii am not sure which name to use for it, to activate it so hc3 will allow it to work (this seems for now just a name issue)

but pretty much nothing changed.. i will continue to search the apps issue, and see if sensors can work better..
    i dont have the chance now to upload, but i rebuild the 0.3 from original 0.2..

3G usb dongle is now working again and i fixed the apns issue, so they should be found automatically for most countries.

i discovered that there is a usb handling issue, so when a usb stick or 3g dongle is inserted after bootup, the kernel does not register. for now this means 3g usb dongle still needs to be inserted before booting your folio..
    so with the new build tomorrow everything is better, and its a little snappier, as the dalvik optimiser got some parameters removed to do less memory tweaks constantly. this means sensors act quicker now, which i did notice were kinda slow in 0.3.

as with any type of usb solution, usb keyboard will need to be attached from bootup, in your docking station or usb port.

the new image will be uploaded during tomorrow after i installed the build image, and confirmed all the errors from 0.2 to 0.3 is now ok again + testing new changes in 0.3 still works.
    Flash 10.3

On folio100, the general problem right now is many apps fail to install when installing them from Market, and in the cases you do manage to "move to tablet" which only seems to work when it likes to work. you can get more apps working.

For flash 10.3, on pages its enabled fine, but uses GL, which is not working, so if you know the page uses flash and its a video. Press the invisible "fullscreen" button and you will probably see it opening, but yes, not very good for daily use at all..

it all relate to the less support for 3.1 GL support in our drivers that has been made working.

I am trying to figure out when apps fail when installing, but so far no luck.. very,very strange..
    Its only on startup. After 30sec it restarts and work.
    What can i do? Reinstall?

im about to complete the 0.3 with all patches and sensors in place, so wait and see how 0.3 do for you..