• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[DISCONTINUED][ROM][11.0] WaveOS 4.1 Rasmalai for Redmi4A/5A [OFFICIAL][ROVA] [ROLEX/RIVA]

Search This thread
UPDATE - WaveOS v4.3 is here! [Unified] [Redmi 4A/5A
WaveOS_rolex-riva-R-v4.3-20210419-0457-OFFICIAL-signed.zip

Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/wa....3-20210419-0457-OFFICIAL-signed.zip/download

Source Changelog:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Wave-Project/stuff/main/changelog.txt

Device Changelog:
- Fixed Full-Disk Encryption thanks to @zer0def
- Switched to Vanilla Varient
- audio: Update upto LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-03300-89xx.0
- audio: Update mixer_paths from LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-03300-89xx.0
- Switch to New AIDL Power HAL
- Update CarrierConfig from LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-03300-89xx.0
- Fix device manufacturer & model exif value in Camera apps thanks to iusmac for PR
- Set lmkd configuration properties
- Update Power Profile overlay
- Configure PSI for low_ram device

Kernel Changelog:
- Rebase kernel
- Upstream to linux-v4.9.266
- Merge CAF tag LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-04200-89xx.0
- Stabilize deepsleep
- Switch to PSI
- Enable MEMCG and MEMCG Swap
- Add PEWQ's to a few subsystems
- And many more misc improvements

Cheers and #NeverBetter! 🌊

Sattria

Feb 16, 2015
Klaten

Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/wa....3-20210419-0457-OFFICIAL-signed.zip/download

Source Changelog:

Device Changelog:
- Fix device manufacturer & model exif value in Camera apps thanks to iusmac for PR

Kernel Changelog:
- Rebase kernel
- Stabilize deepsleep
- Switch to PSI

thak you for your work

Last edited:

ojetepelon001

Apr 18, 2019
For me the 4.3 Rom version comes with no Gapps, it is normal? what you suggest to flash?

I did a clean install wiping data cache davlink and formating data partition :(

I installed NikGapps-R and everything is working

Last edited:
Reactions: xdastic

zer0def

Mar 17, 2021
There are a couple of additional steps to make full-disk encryption stable, because ROMs (not just WaveOS) will crash a lot after initial flash:
  1. (optional) if you need to recreate the encryption footer after data partition format/wipe from previous ROM: flash stock (for example, this one)
  2. fastboot flash a recovery (I chose official TWRP 3.2.3, one without F2FS patches)
  3. wipe system, vendor, cache, Dalvik/ART, but DO NOT WIPE/FORMAT DATA, IT WILL WIPE THE ENCRYPTION FOOTER, FORCING YOU TO START OVER
  4. flash ROM
  5. reboot into system, you'll boot directly into the system without first start setup, the system will be crashy - that's expected
  6. go to Settings → Security, encryption status should be "Encrypted", not "Phone not encrypted", set screen lock as you ordinarily would for "Secure Startup" - this will be your decryption credential
  7. reboot into recovery, wipe → advanced wipe → select "data" partition → repair or change filesystem → change filesystem → pick your preferred filesystem (I chose ext4)
    1. DO NOT DIRECTLY WIPE/FORMAT DATA
  8. reboot into system, it might require you to encrypt the phone, but once you do that, it should be working as intended
    1. if you provide different unlocking credentials now, you will have to remember both, one for decryption, the other for screensaver unlock

Reactions: asdrubali

xdastic

Jan 27, 2013
ROM working very good. Thanks so much to developers.
What I'm missing:
1. Disable hardware buttons when gestures are on (little detail but important for a better experience in my opinion)
2. Fix square icons 5x6 (the dock is 6 icons width but the screen is 5)
3. No synchronization toggle. You have to navigate to settings/accounts to switch it on-off.

Anyway...it's an enormous work...so smooth, impressive performance for the 2gb ram mobile. Amazing.
Congratulations

ROM working very good. Thanks so much to developers.
What I'm missing:
1. Disable hardware buttons when gestures are on (little detail but important for a better experience in my opinion)
2. Fix square icons 5x6 (the dock is 6 icons width but the screen is 5)
3. No synchronization toggle. You have to navigate to settings/accounts to switch it on-off.

Anyway...it's an enormous work...so smooth, impressive performance for the 2gb ram mobile. Amazing.
Congratulations
qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
you can add this property to disable hw keys . Set this in the end of /vendor/build.prop

asdrubali

Mar 6, 2021
@Thago I just randomly fixed back gestures by adding qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 to /vendor/build.prop (anyway the HW keys are still active)
This is a obvious bug. Try to implement this to the source code.
Screenshot_20210423-125947_Impostazioni~2.png

Last edited:

TermiPla

Apr 24, 2021
Hi @Thago, what recovery do you recommend to install this ROM? I had read about Orange Fox but the download link doesn't work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][11.0] WaveOS 4.1 Rasmalai for Redmi4A/5A [OFFICIAL][ROVA] [ROLEX/RIVA]
    ----------------------------

kE5OXxb.jpg

WaveOS 4.0 - Rasmalai 🌊

WaveOS is an android custom ROM based on AOSP, focused on delivering a perfect blend of aesthetics, functionality and performance out of the box. The version 4.X is based on Android 11. Various optimizations and enhancements have been merged from CAF and upstream AOSP to maximize performance and battery backup, and improve OS functionality. We provide a unique and beautiful user interface out-of-the-box that's inspired by OnePlus' OxygenOS, and can be tweaked to your liking. We've also added handy features and customizations that improves user experience and proves to be useful at the end of the day, rather than bloating the ROM with unwanted features and customizations that could cause stability issues. We hope you like it! #NeverBetter

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Features
    Head over to our full features list at GitHub

What works?
    Almost everything

What's broken?
    You tell me!

vhwxixH.png

ROM: https://sourceforge.net/projects/wave-os/files/rasmalai-4.x/rova/
    Magisk: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
    Gapps - Builtin

INSTRUCTIONS
    Reboot to recovery
    Wipe data, cache and dalvik if coming from another ROM
    Format data if encrypted
    Flash ROM (gapps )
    (optional) Flash Magisk
    Reboot and voila!

Screenshots in post #2

Follow us on
    Twitter | Telegram
    ROM and device sources: https://github.com/Wave-Project
    Kernel source: https://github.com/Thagoo/platform_kernel_xiaomi_msm8917

I'm testing this rom for several days and I have to say that everytjing is working fine, including camera, flash, sending and getting calls, screen mirroring...
    No many customization options, but everything working fine by the way.

Thanks and comgratulations for your job, Thago :)

Source Changelog:

Device Changelog:

Kernel Changelog:
    - Rebase kernel
    - Stabilize deepsleep
    - Switch to PSI

Hi Thago,

And this rom? Is double tap to wake up working? For me that is an important function ;)

Thanks for your work.
    Yes
    There are a couple of additional steps to make full-disk encryption stable, because ROMs (not just WaveOS) will crash a lot after initial flash:
    1. (optional) if you need to recreate the encryption footer after data partition format/wipe from previous ROM: flash stock (for example, this one)
    2. fastboot flash a recovery (I chose official TWRP 3.2.3, one without F2FS patches)
    3. wipe system, vendor, cache, Dalvik/ART, but DO NOT WIPE/FORMAT DATA, IT WILL WIPE THE ENCRYPTION FOOTER, FORCING YOU TO START OVER
    4. flash ROM
    5. reboot into system, you'll boot directly into the system without first start setup, the system will be crashy - that's expected
    6. go to Settings → Security, encryption status should be "Encrypted", not "Phone not encrypted", set screen lock as you ordinarily would for "Secure Startup" - this will be your decryption credential
    7. reboot into recovery, wipe → advanced wipe → select "data" partition → repair or change filesystem → change filesystem → pick your preferred filesystem (I chose ext4)
      1. DO NOT DIRECTLY WIPE/FORMAT DATA
    8. reboot into system, it might require you to encrypt the phone, but once you do that, it should be working as intended
      1. if you provide different unlocking credentials now, you will have to remember both, one for decryption, the other for screensaver unlock