[DISCONTINUED][ROM][11.0] WaveOS 4.1 Rasmalai for Redmi4A/5A [OFFICIAL][ROVA] [ROLEX/RIVA]

Search This thread

asdrubali

Mar 6, 2021
Hey Thago,
I have installed the ROM and it is perfect. There is only some small inaccuracy in the Italian translation.

Thank you very much

PS. If you tell me where the translation files are I can fix the errors.
lo sto già facendo. Mandami proprio la lista delle parole con errori di battitura, li trovo con grep. Ho già tradotto molte parti che erano in inglese.

kevinzareno

May 13, 2012
Dagupan
Hi Thago,

By any chance do you have any instruction on how to install gapps pico instead? Not fan of the google search and hello google, etc. Just need the minimal to install apps from google playstore

Hi Thago,

By any chance do you have any instruction on how to install gapps pico instead? Not fan of the google search and hello google, etc. Just need the minimal to install apps from google playstore
Gapps are already built inside system so pico varient gapps cant be flashed unless it makes issues I recommend you to utilise the feature called uninstall system apps in recovery called orangefox or other

kevinzareno

May 13, 2012
Dagupan
Gapps are already built inside system so pico varient gapps cant be flashed unless it makes issues I recommend you to utilise the feature called uninstall system apps in recovery called orangefox or other
Oh, I didn't know it has that option. When I remove the system apps, does it re-install when I reset my phone?

kevinzareno

May 13, 2012
Dagupan
Hey Thago, I know it is not related or is it? When I check the app manager, it doesn't show the apps. By any chance is it because of android 11?

dark.demon

Mar 21, 2021
Hey, I am Unable to Send Any SMS via Vi India Sim on Wave OS 4.1 for Rolex,
Tried Updating SMSC Center Number but all went in vain,

Any Help will be much appreciated.
All other Sim can send SMS except Vi India Sim.

Surdorstomm

Apr 7, 2021
Hi Thago,

I found some problems in version 4.1 rolex:
- the function mentioned in Features "Power off alarm in inbuilt clock app" doesn't work
- system updates don't show in the settings (I can search it but it doesn't show up)
- weird glitches in animations (I don't know how to describe it, some transitions will flash at the end of the animation)
- Enter SIM code screen shows twice (After I entered the PIN, the screen shows again and then disappear)

I'm not an experienced user so probably I just installed it wrong. I had some custom ROMs before, but every time I faced some problems. Even on the stable version, there were crashes and bugs.

Thank you so much for the help.

Edit:
Here is a video to shows the glitch:
The graphics glitch disappeared after I installed the Triton-kernel 4.9 for now.

Last edited:

asdrubali

Mar 6, 2021
system updates don't show in the settings (I can search it but it doesn't show up)
this isn't a bug. OTA updates (over-the-air) it's something that should be implemented by the developer. You phone connects to an internet server and checks for updates, but what if the server does not exist? So, there's not reason to keep an option for something that does not work. Hope this feature will developed if WaveOS wishes to be as big as Cdroid etc.

Reactions: Surdorstomm

Surdorstomm

Apr 7, 2021
this isn't a bug. OTA updates (over-the-air) it's something that should be implemented by the developer. You phone connects to an internet server and checks for updates, but what if the server does not exist? So, there's not reason to keep an option for something that does not work. Hope this feature will developed if WaveOS wishes to be as big as Cdroid etc.
Thank you for the explanation. I thought that an "official" ROM has the OTA updates in default (like some standard). Just my unawareness. I had some "official" ROMs before and each ROM had this feature. I just found it weird that I can find the System updates via the Search Settings function but when I select it, the item isn't there.

Reactions: Thago
Thank you for the explanation. I thought that an "official" ROM has the OTA updates in default (like some standard). Just my unawareness. I had some "official" ROMs before and each ROM had this feature. I just found it weird that I can find the System updates via the Search Settings function but when I select it, the item isn't there.
Official OTA app is under development OTA app UI is getting developed by the wave team so keep patience

Reactions: Surdorstomm

Surdorstomm

Apr 7, 2021
I found a problem of missing gps.prop file (rolex 4.1)

Here is a logcat file:
[04-10 14:06:34.824 0:0 I/init]
starting service 'loc_launcher'...

[04-10 14:06:34.861 12689:12690 E/loc_launcher]
cannot open file:/data/vendor/location/gps.prop

[04-10 14:06:34.865 12689:12690 D/QCALOG]
[location-mq] SRV Socket-Opend

[04-10 14:06:34.867 12689:12689 E/LocSvc_utils_cfg]
loc_read_process_conf:647]: Unrecognized value for GTP MODE Mode. Setting GTP WIFI to default mode: DISABLED

loc_read_process_conf:660]: Unrecognized value for GTP WAA Mode. Setting GTP WAA to default mode: DISABLED

loc_read_process_conf:687]: Unrecognized value for SAP Mode. Setting SAP to default mode: BASIC

loc_read_process_conf:751]: Error opening /vendor/etc/izat.conf No such file or directory

loc_read_process_conf:1125]: ret: -1

[04-10 14:06:34.867 12689:12689 E/LocSvc_launcher]
main:286]: Exiting main. ret: -1

[04-10 14:06:34.869 0:0 I/init]
Service 'loc_launcher' (pid 12689) exited with status 255

[04-10 14:06:34.869 0:0 I/init]
Sending signal 9 to service 'loc_launcher' (pid 12689) process group...

[04-10 14:06:34.870 0:0 I/libprocessgroup]
Successfully killed process cgroup uid 1021 pid 12689 in 0ms

EDIT:
Another error catch (I think the phone crashed this time):
FATAL EXCEPTION: main
Process: com.google.android.flipendo, PID: 2754
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start receiver com.google.android.flipendo.receiver.LockedBootCompletedBroadcastReceiver: java.lang.SecurityException:
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleReceiver(ActivityThread.java:4035)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1400(ActivityThread.java:237)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1924)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:223)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7661)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:592)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:947)
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException:
at android.os.Parcel.createExceptionOrNull(Parcel.java:2373)
at android.os.Parcel.createException(Parcel.java:2357)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:2340)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:2282)
at android.os.IServiceManager$Stub$Proxy.isDeclared(IServiceManager.java:474)
at android.os.ServiceManagerProxy.isDeclared(ServiceManagerNative.java:90)
at android.os.ServiceManager.isDeclared(ServiceManager.java:230)
at android.os.ServiceManager.waitForDeclaredService(ServiceManager.java:257)
at com.google.android.flipendo.PixelPowerHalExtManager.connectPowerExtService(PixelPowerHalExtManager.java:81)
at com.google.android.flipendo.PixelPowerHalExtManager.<init>(PixelPowerHalExtManager.java:57)
at com.google.android.flipendo.PixelPowerHalExtManager.getInstance(PixelPowerHalExtManager.java:48)
at com.google.android.flipendo.BatterySaverManager.<init>(BatterySaverManager.java:95)
at com.google.android.flipendo.BatterySaverManager.getInstance(BatterySaverManager.java:83)
at com.google.android.flipendo.receiver.LockedBootCompletedBroadcastReceiver.onReceive(LockedBootCompletedBroadcastReceiver.java:70)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleReceiver(ActivityThread.java:4026)
... 8 more

Last edited:

dmanresa

Nov 28, 2017
Calls are not working on my redmi 4a. I can't hear anything and my microphone isn't working. However, the hardware is fine because whatsapp calls do work. Is there anything I can do?

dmanresa

Nov 28, 2017
Calls are not working on my redmi 4a. I can't hear anything and my microphone isn't working. However, the hardware is fine because whatsapp calls do work. Is there anything I can do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][11.0] WaveOS 4.1 Rasmalai for Redmi4A/5A [OFFICIAL][ROVA] [ROLEX/RIVA]
    ----------------------------

kE5OXxb.jpg

WaveOS 4.0 - Rasmalai 🌊

WaveOS is an android custom ROM based on AOSP, focused on delivering a perfect blend of aesthetics, functionality and performance out of the box. The version 4.X is based on Android 11. Various optimizations and enhancements have been merged from CAF and upstream AOSP to maximize performance and battery backup, and improve OS functionality. We provide a unique and beautiful user interface out-of-the-box that's inspired by OnePlus' OxygenOS, and can be tweaked to your liking. We've also added handy features and customizations that improves user experience and proves to be useful at the end of the day, rather than bloating the ROM with unwanted features and customizations that could cause stability issues. We hope you like it! #NeverBetter

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Features
    Head over to our full features list at GitHub

What works?
    Almost everything

What's broken?
    You tell me!

vhwxixH.png

ROM: https://sourceforge.net/projects/wave-os/files/rasmalai-4.x/rova/
    Magisk: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
    Gapps - Builtin

INSTRUCTIONS
    Reboot to recovery
    Wipe data, cache and dalvik if coming from another ROM
    Format data if encrypted
    Flash ROM (gapps )
    (optional) Flash Magisk
    Reboot and voila!

Screenshots in post #2

Follow us on
    Twitter | Telegram
    ROM and device sources: https://github.com/Wave-Project
    Kernel source: https://github.com/Thagoo/platform_kernel_xiaomi_msm8917

I'm testing this rom for several days and I have to say that everytjing is working fine, including camera, flash, sending and getting calls, screen mirroring...
    No many customization options, but everything working fine by the way.

Thanks and comgratulations for your job, Thago :)
    UPDATE - WaveOS v4.3 is here! [Unified] [Redmi 4A/5A
    WaveOS_rolex-riva-R-v4.3-20210419-0457-OFFICIAL-signed.zip

Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/wa....3-20210419-0457-OFFICIAL-signed.zip/download

Source Changelog:
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Wave-Project/stuff/main/changelog.txt

Device Changelog:
    - Fixed Full-Disk Encryption thanks to @zer0def
    - Switched to Vanilla Varient
    - audio: Update upto LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-03300-89xx.0
    - audio: Update mixer_paths from LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-03300-89xx.0
    - Switch to New AIDL Power HAL
    - Update CarrierConfig from LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-03300-89xx.0
    - Fix device manufacturer & model exif value in Camera apps thanks to iusmac for PR
    - Set lmkd configuration properties
    - Update Power Profile overlay
    - Configure PSI for low_ram device

Kernel Changelog:
    - Rebase kernel
    - Upstream to linux-v4.9.266
    - Merge CAF tag LA.UM.9.6.2.r1-04200-89xx.0
    - Stabilize deepsleep
    - Switch to PSI
    - Enable MEMCG and MEMCG Swap
    - Add PEWQ's to a few subsystems
    - And many more misc improvements

Cheers and #NeverBetter! 🌊
    Hi Thago,

And this rom? Is double tap to wake up working? For me that is an important function ;)

Thanks for your work.
    Yes
    There are a couple of additional steps to make full-disk encryption stable, because ROMs (not just WaveOS) will crash a lot after initial flash:
    1. (optional) if you need to recreate the encryption footer after data partition format/wipe from previous ROM: flash stock (for example, this one)
    2. fastboot flash a recovery (I chose official TWRP 3.2.3, one without F2FS patches)
    3. wipe system, vendor, cache, Dalvik/ART, but DO NOT WIPE/FORMAT DATA, IT WILL WIPE THE ENCRYPTION FOOTER, FORCING YOU TO START OVER
    4. flash ROM
    5. reboot into system, you'll boot directly into the system without first start setup, the system will be crashy - that's expected
    6. go to Settings → Security, encryption status should be "Encrypted", not "Phone not encrypted", set screen lock as you ordinarily would for "Secure Startup" - this will be your decryption credential
    7. reboot into recovery, wipe → advanced wipe → select "data" partition → repair or change filesystem → change filesystem → pick your preferred filesystem (I chose ext4)
      1. DO NOT DIRECTLY WIPE/FORMAT DATA
    8. reboot into system, it might require you to encrypt the phone, but once you do that, it should be working as intended
      1. if you provide different unlocking credentials now, you will have to remember both, one for decryption, the other for screensaver unlock