• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[discontinued] [ROM] [11] [UNOFFICIAL] Lineage-OS 18.1 [MOTO Z2 PLAY] [ALBUS]

Search This thread

davidsonsjesus

lineageP.jpeg

About:
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

DISCLAIMER!
Your warranty is now void.
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Bugs:
I haven't noticed any.

ROM Firmware Required: ALBUS_PPS29.133-30_cid50 (Last version by Motorola, Pie 9.0)
TWRP Last Version

Download:
Lineage [Click here to download] always download the last version, latest date.

Flashing Steps:

First Time Install / Clean Flash
- Boot into recovery
- Format data and cache
- Flash Rom
- Flash Gapps if you want
- Reboot to system and enjoy

Update / Dirty Flash
- Boot into recovery
- Wipe Dalvik Cache and Cache
- Flash Rom
- Flash Gapps if you already use

Credits:
LIneage
Pixel Experience, JeanGraff30 - For Tree

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Android OS version: 11
Based on LIneage
Rom source code: https://github.com/LineageOS
Device source code: github.com/deivesj

Last edited:

nmajin

Feb 1, 2020
So originally I was getting the following after I flashed:

“Startup Failed…device didn’t startup successfully” - something about missing firmware.

But I did not understand how strict that Android 9 ROM requirement was and wasn't actually sure I could flash that ROM first but once I did and installed the latest rom "lineage-18.1-20210714-UNOFFICIAL-albus" with "MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm-20210412_124103" everything is working perfectly on my Moto Z2 Play, I am impressed.

Last edited:

meelten

Nov 21, 2018
This ROM deserves more attention. Rock solid, bug free, battery efficient, working encryption. Even has install script for those who prefer on screen buttons instead of fingerprint gestures. Good job.

GuustFlater89

Jan 15, 2008
Hi, iI have succesfully unlocked bootloader, used TWRP 3.2.3-0 to install installed Magisk 17.3, then installed the Magisk app 23.0 which updated Magisk to 23.0. Then I booted again in TWRP 3.2.3-0 (though fastboot) and try to install the July 14th version of LineageOS 18.1 for Albus. I get the Aroma installer screen, answer the question and then it says (after very short time) succesfully installed LineageOS, but after reboot It is still the Android 9.0 Motorola . In the log file I see
AROMA Installer version 2.70RC2
(c) 2013 by amarullz xda-developers

ROM Name : lineage-UNOFFICIAL-albus
ROM Version : 18.1
ROM Author : DeiveSJ
Device : Z2 Play
Start at : Mon Aug 16 14:39:25 2021

Installer Error (Status 255)

End at : Mon Aug 16 14:39:25 2021
Any suggestion? Would be really nice to run Android 11 on my device!!

EDIT: Nevermind, I noticed the TWRP 3.5.2_9-0. That solved the problem......

EDIT2: Now I end up in a bootloop.... Any suggestions?

EDIT3: Fixed bootloop by resetting to factory defaults from recovery. Nice ROM!!!

Last edited:

nmajin

Feb 1, 2020
I actually found a bug with the Moto Mods projector. When battery hits 0% on the projector and starts using the battery on the phone, the projector will sporadically crash.

Is there any way to provide a fix for this? The rom is flawless except for this bug that really kills using the rom for me since I primarily use the phone for the projector.

kontemp

Nov 8, 2019
Very nice rom! Elegant, minimalistic, fast and stable - great job, thank you!
I'm missing one function though: Moto Actions -> Fingerprint pad gestures.
@davidsonsjesus : do you think it is even possible to include this functionality in your next build?
BR!

meelten

Nov 21, 2018
Very nice rom! Elegant, minimalistic, fast and stable - great job, thank you!
I'm missing one function though: Moto Actions -> Fingerprint pad gestures.
@davidsonsjesus : do you think it is even possible to include this functionality in your next build?
BR!
Fingerprint gestures worked fine for me. Maybe you chose navbar during install and that disabled them?

kontemp

Nov 8, 2019
I've tried both configurations - fingerprint pad works just fine, it unlocks properly. What I mean is functionality included in for example Havos or AOSPext - pad can be used both with screen on and off, several actions can be defined (for swipe left or right, od longpress and so on), and it has nothing to do with my fingerprints - the pad works something like touchpad in laptop.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineageP.jpeg

About:
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

DISCLAIMER!
    Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Bugs:
    I haven't noticed any.

ROM Firmware Required: ALBUS_PPS29.133-30_cid50 (Last version by Motorola, Pie 9.0)
    TWRP Last Version

Download:
    Lineage [Click here to download] always download the last version, latest date.

Flashing Steps:

First Time Install / Clean Flash
    - Boot into recovery
    - Format data and cache
    - Flash Rom
    - Flash Gapps if you want

Update / Dirty Flash
    - Boot into recovery
    - Wipe Dalvik Cache and Cache
    - Flash Rom
    - Flash Gapps if you already use

Credits:
    LIneage
    Pixel Experience, JeanGraff30 - For Tree

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Android OS version: 11
    Based on LIneage
    Rom source code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Device source code: github.com/deivesj