• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Discontinued][ROM][5.0.2][i9500]Liquid Smooth ROM[20150117]

Search This thread

UchihaKakarot

Jun 25, 2013
Behind you
r52IZDD.png

About :
LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.

Dedicated to providing users with smooth, stable and ROMs. A Lightweight modified AOSP base, and then add the features you crave!

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device.

We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

Features :
* Custom toast animations
* Option to disable screenshot noise
* Built in superuser options with Root access options
* Call blacklist options
* SMS rate limiting option
* Filter spam notifications
* Per app control for Lockscreen notifications
* Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree rotation
* Safe headset volume option
* Less annoying sound notifications option
* Option to use volume keys to control media volume anytime
* Option to customize device hostname
* Option to not wake up device when charge is plugged/unplugged
* Volume rocker wake up
* IME switcher notification control
* Option to disable fullscreen keyboard
* Force autorotation on IME
* Option to force show enter key
* CM's Privacy Guard
* Increasing ringtone option
* Dark UI (primarily in Settings for now)
* Screen Density changer
* Statusbar clock customization
* Option to disable searchbar in recents
* Statusbar brightness control
* Double tap statusbar to sleep control
* Custom Lockscreen shortcuts
* Extra info about your device (About phone/tablet)
* Custom Liquid Logo in about phone/tablet
* Google bug report and ota removed
* Option to show kernel toolchain and other info by tapping kernel version in about phone/tablet
* Timeout and instant lock options added to slide unlock instead of just secure keyguard options
* Developer options enabled by default
* Navigation bar height control
* Show application package name in app info
* LiquidSmooth Stats and Updater added
* Partition size info
* Option to disable immersive messages

Download Links:
* ROM (20150124)[I did not test it yet]
* ROM (20150117)
* Pa-Gapps

Bugs:
Please do not report bugs if it is already listen in the list of known issues
  • Sometimes audio disappears and when this happens you'll experience lags everywhere (especially on video playback) and audio_mix wakelocks that will cause huge battery drain. (Check FAQ for workaround)
  • Manual network operator search (xmm6360 baseband seems to handle it differently than xmm626x)
  • Unstable calls audio quality using A2DP Bluetooth Protocol (first call has perfect audio, next ones no)
  • Sometimes video rendering using software codecs produces videos with inverted colors
  • Incompatibilities with any Chinese modem/baseband (if you use them you'll have horrible call quality)

Credits :
* @ frapeti
* @ Alberto96
* @ varund7726

FAQs :
Where are "Performance" and "Developer Options" categories?
To activate 'Performance' and 'Developer Options' categories in Settings you need to tap 7 times on 'Build number' located into Settings -> About Phone.

How can i apply themes?
Download the apk files for theme, install them and than apply through theme manager (link to themes :p).

How can i solve problems with Hebrew language?
Go to "Developer Options" in Settings and check "Force RTL layout direction".

What can i do to reduce the "echo effect" while in-call?
Try to reduce in-call earpiece volume (if possible).

I'm having problems with battery life, what can i do?

1) Use "Greenify" to hibernate all apps with a "little cloud + 'Gcm' word inside" on the right of each app name.

2) Disable "Location" or set it to mode "Battery Saving" (Settings -> Location)

3) Make sure that your 2G/3G provider signal level isn't always low

4) Deny "Wake Up" and "Keep Awake" permissions to Google and third-party apps. (Settings -> Privacy Guard -> Press menu button and check "Show built-in apps" -> Press menu button again and go to Advanced -> Horizontal Scroll to Device)

5) Disable "Sync" or sync only useful stuff like Contacts

6) Disable "Auto-rotate screen" (Settings -> Display & lights -> Rotation)

7) Try another Modem/Baseband (excluding chinese ones).

If this isn't enough then replace your battery and/or reduce your phone usage. :silly:

Why is my phone over-heating while playing heavy-games or running heavy-apps?
Use a bit your brain to explain why. High CPU and GPU usage = high heat production. Your phone will automatically throttle CPU when needed so don't worry, it is safe and normal.

Can I use another kernel instead of the one included in the zip?
No. Only use the included kernel for 100% compatibility, bug reports with non-standard kernel will be ignored.

Is this ROM OTA supported
Not yet, but we will get it when the feature is available for liquidsmooth.

Video Playback started to lag and there's no sound, what can i do?

1) Make a call (also to an not existent number, you just need to hear something from the earpiece)

2) Reboot your phone

*** IR Remote app isn't working anymore/was working on previous builds/causes my phone to crash, what can i do?
Contact *** IR Remote app developer.

XDA:DevDB Information
Liquid Smooth ROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
Kung Fu monkey
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod 12

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 1.0
Beta Release Date: 2015-01-16

Created 2015-01-16
Last Updated 2015-04-21

Last edited:

ttayyareci

May 22, 2014
lets try :)

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

first impressions: seems smooth. not heating yet :) but i cant see the titles of the dock icons. they are under the screen :)

.hackman.

Oct 23, 2013
Doha
lets try :)

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

first impressions: seems smooth. not heating yet :) but i cant see the titles of the dock icons. they are under the screen :)

Very smooth indeed. For the dock icons title, on the home screen press menu button and then press settings. It'll take you to launcher settings instead of the main settings.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

I love the black theme and black backgrounds in this ROM. This is perfect. Can't wait for stable release. Great work man.

gabrielfx

Jan 17, 2011
phone audio

I have a question: how is the phone audio quality? especially over bluetooth because on other CM or AOSP roms, it was pretty much unusable

jack9394

Sep 18, 2012
Best

i tried all the cm lollipop roms as far as smoothness gearcm was the best also i tried ported note3 leaked lollipop but this is something different no lag at alllllll, a bunch of customization not present in any other rom , camera so fast , sound quality is good and the sound is lound hope keep updating this rom thank u .

Gboss01

Mar 18, 2013
Durban
I just had a random reboot :'( my phone was just sitting idle here on my desk while I was busy at work then I saw the boot animation and it booted to the sim lock screen :(

UchihaKakarot

Jun 25, 2013
Behind you
I just had a random reboot :'( my phone was just sitting idle here on my desk while I was busy at work then I saw the boot animation and it booted to the sim lock screen :(
I am have been using this ROM for past 20hrs roughly, but I didn't not get any random reboot.
Pls provide me with the logcat if you get another random reboot, because I cannot do anything for it until I get the issue on my device or I get the logcat.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    r52IZDD.png

About :
    LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.

Dedicated to providing users with smooth, stable and ROMs. A Lightweight modified AOSP base, and then add the features you crave!

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device.

We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

Features :
    * Custom toast animations
    * Option to disable screenshot noise
    * Built in superuser options with Root access options
    * Call blacklist options
    * SMS rate limiting option
    * Filter spam notifications
    * Per app control for Lockscreen notifications
    * Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree rotation
    * Safe headset volume option
    * Less annoying sound notifications option
    * Option to use volume keys to control media volume anytime
    * Option to customize device hostname
    * Option to not wake up device when charge is plugged/unplugged
    * Volume rocker wake up
    * IME switcher notification control
    * Option to disable fullscreen keyboard
    * Force autorotation on IME
    * Option to force show enter key
    * CM's Privacy Guard
    * Increasing ringtone option
    * Dark UI (primarily in Settings for now)
    * Screen Density changer
    * Statusbar clock customization
    * Option to disable searchbar in recents
    * Statusbar brightness control
    * Double tap statusbar to sleep control
    * Custom Lockscreen shortcuts
    * Extra info about your device (About phone/tablet)
    * Custom Liquid Logo in about phone/tablet
    * Google bug report and ota removed
    * Option to show kernel toolchain and other info by tapping kernel version in about phone/tablet
    * Timeout and instant lock options added to slide unlock instead of just secure keyguard options
    * Developer options enabled by default
    * Navigation bar height control
    * Show application package name in app info
    * LiquidSmooth Stats and Updater added
    * Partition size info
    * Option to disable immersive messages

Download Links:
    * ROM (20150124)[I did not test it yet]
    * ROM (20150117)
    * Pa-Gapps

Bugs:
    Please do not report bugs if it is already listen in the list of known issues
    • Sometimes audio disappears and when this happens you'll experience lags everywhere (especially on video playback) and audio_mix wakelocks that will cause huge battery drain. (Check FAQ for workaround)
    • Manual network operator search (xmm6360 baseband seems to handle it differently than xmm626x)
    • Unstable calls audio quality using A2DP Bluetooth Protocol (first call has perfect audio, next ones no)
    • Sometimes video rendering using software codecs produces videos with inverted colors
    • Incompatibilities with any Chinese modem/baseband (if you use them you'll have horrible call quality)

Credits :
    * @ frapeti
    * @ Alberto96
    * @ varund7726

FAQs :
    Where are "Performance" and "Developer Options" categories?
    To activate 'Performance' and 'Developer Options' categories in Settings you need to tap 7 times on 'Build number' located into Settings -> About Phone.

How can i apply themes?
    Download the apk files for theme, install them and than apply through theme manager (link to themes :p).

How can i solve problems with Hebrew language?
    Go to "Developer Options" in Settings and check "Force RTL layout direction".

What can i do to reduce the "echo effect" while in-call?
    Try to reduce in-call earpiece volume (if possible).

I'm having problems with battery life, what can i do?

1) Use "Greenify" to hibernate all apps with a "little cloud + 'Gcm' word inside" on the right of each app name.

2) Disable "Location" or set it to mode "Battery Saving" (Settings -> Location)

3) Make sure that your 2G/3G provider signal level isn't always low

4) Deny "Wake Up" and "Keep Awake" permissions to Google and third-party apps. (Settings -> Privacy Guard -> Press menu button and check "Show built-in apps" -> Press menu button again and go to Advanced -> Horizontal Scroll to Device)

5) Disable "Sync" or sync only useful stuff like Contacts

6) Disable "Auto-rotate screen" (Settings -> Display & lights -> Rotation)

7) Try another Modem/Baseband (excluding chinese ones).

If this isn't enough then replace your battery and/or reduce your phone usage. :silly:

Why is my phone over-heating while playing heavy-games or running heavy-apps?
    Use a bit your brain to explain why. High CPU and GPU usage = high heat production. Your phone will automatically throttle CPU when needed so don't worry, it is safe and normal.

Can I use another kernel instead of the one included in the zip?
    No. Only use the included kernel for 100% compatibility, bug reports with non-standard kernel will be ignored.

Is this ROM OTA supported
    Not yet, but we will get it when the feature is available for liquidsmooth.

Video Playback started to lag and there's no sound, what can i do?

1) Make a call (also to an not existent number, you just need to hear something from the earpiece)

2) Reboot your phone

*** IR Remote app isn't working anymore/was working on previous builds/causes my phone to crash, what can i do?
    Contact *** IR Remote app developer.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Liquid Smooth ROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    Kung Fu monkey
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod 12

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.0
    Beta Release Date: 2015-01-16

Created 2015-01-16
    Last Updated 2015-04-21
    New build up : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95897840722644565
    Theme engine added.
    Pls read the post from the official liquid smooth rom page in the screenshot below :
    a62bb94ced0c1f2ddd6d6d6b57341e0d.jpg
    Thanks buddy
    But please disable block build I can't flash the ROM with 11GB pit
    Sorry, I am still quite new to ROM development, so I don't know how to disable block building, if you guide me than I will definitely try doing it.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Its OK buddy you already did amazing job for our device

Ask @frapeti because I told him about it and he disabled it