[Discontinued][ROM][6.0.1_r13][i9500]RESSURRECTION REMIX M [UBER-GCC 4.9][GearCM13]

What device tree should the next build be based on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Blackko

Dec 28, 2015
Heredia
So there is a bootloop after starting apps?
Sorry for that, I will try to fix it today.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

maybe the problem is SD card ..coz the rom started normally without sd card(just after i removed it)

with other rom there is the same problem..the weird thing is that in gearcm sd card can work without format and it start normally without bootloop if you have sd card in

note: gearcm show a notification for set up the sd card, this and the other rom doesn't show nothing

mrsawi

Oct 15, 2015
Hey guys, does the sim card work on the 5.6.0 ? The update released yesterday. And what about the SD card, does it work ?

Reactions: BenDroid1

BenDroid1

Jan 7, 2014
West Palm Beach
May the force be with u developer. Just tried to flash the update and bootloop cuz of my sd card... Pleased fix that :( but anyway..can any1 recommend a marshmallow gapps package. Thank u

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Free mobile app

mrsawi

Oct 15, 2015

muhammedr95

Jan 22, 2015
Calicut,Kerala
Can anyone coniform if the sim and SD card work on the new build?

No i had to remove sd card during installation due to bootloop and when inserted it didnt detect

The previous build was stuck at optimising apps and this one is in bootloop went to optimising apps once but restarted itself and in bootloop

edit :Completed optimising apps stuck at starting apps

Last edited:
Reactions: UchihaKakarot

UchihaKakarot

Jun 25, 2013
Behind you
The previous build was stuck at optimising apps and this one is in bootloop went to optimising apps once but restarted itself and in bootloop

edit :Completed optimising apps stuck at starting apps
Ah, damn! Try this one please : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24352994023707145

Sorry for so many test builds. In this build I disabled the sepolicy stuff which was causing the same kind of issue in earlier builds as well.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Reactions: muhammedr95

muhammedr95

Jan 22, 2015
Calicut,Kerala
Reactions: UchihaKakarot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    34BzzB7.png

DISCONTINUED

I am discontinuing this project because I don't have the device with me anymore and it is getting very difficult to keep up. If anyone is interested in continuing this project than please feel free to continue and please talk to varund7726 or westcripp to get official support.
    I am attaching my local_manifest here if u are looking for the repos to be synced before you start building :
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
    <project path="kernel/samsung/exynos5410" name="GearCM/android_kernel_samsung_exynos5410" revision="GearKernel_Simple_M" remote="github" />
    <project path="device/samsung/i9500" name="GearCM/android_device_samsung_i9500" revision="cm-13.0" remote="github" />
    <project path="hardware/samsung" name="GearCM/android_hardware_samsung" revision="cm-12.1" remote="github" />
    <project path="vendor/samsung" name="GearOMNI/proprietary_vendor_samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
    <project name="CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_SamsungServiceMode" path="packages/apps/SamsungServiceMode" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
    <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos" path="hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
    <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_openmax" path="hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/openmax" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
    <project name="GearCM/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos5410" path="hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5410" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
    <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos5" path="hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
    </manifest>
    Thank you all for all your support.
    Good luck!

About Resurrection Remix ROM
    Changelog
    Installation
    Downloads and useful links

About Resurrection Remix ROM

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on CM,slim.omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy![/font]

Special thanks to, the CM team,OMNI team ,SLIMROMS and of course to all the supporters

Included Main Features

-Navigation Bar
    -Enable/Disable Navbar
    -Navbar Ring Switch
    -Navbar Ring Targets
    -Navbar Button Customization
    -Navbar Dimensions(Potrait & Landscape)

-Statusbar
    -Brightness Slider
    -Enable/Disable Show Notification Count
    -SuperUser Indicator Switch
    -Carrier Label
    -Carrier Label Switch
    -Carrier label Colour
    -Quick PullDown Switch
    -Smart Pulldown Switch
    -Clock Customizations
    -Time & date
    -Clock Colour
    -Day & date Toogle
    -Center Clock/Right Clock Choice
    -Battery
    -Battery Bar customization
    -Battery Icon Customization(circle/landscape/Potrait and more)
    -Battery % Text
    -Network Traffic Indicator

-Theme Chooser
    -RR exclusive PITCH BLACK THEME
    -Animations
    -Toast Animations
    -ListView Animations
    -System Animations

-Gestures
    -Gestures Anywhere Feature

-App Circle Bar
    -Choose apps in App circle
    -Trigger Width
    -Trigger Hieght
    -Trigger Position

-Recents Panel
    -Clear All button Switch
    -Clear All Tasks Switch
    -Clear All Button Location(Top right,Top Left,Top Center,Bottom Left,Bottom Right,Bottom Center)

-Cclock Widget
    -CLock And Alarm Customizations
    -Weather Panel Customizations
    -Calender Events

-LockScreen
    -Lockscreen Shortcuts
    -Choose upto 5 Shortcuts
    -100+ Icons for Shortcuts

-Quick Slider Shortcuts

-Notification Drawer
    -Weather Display Switch
    -Quick Settings
    -Choice to Add 20+ Tiles
    -Enable 2/3/4 Tiles per Row
    -Enable Disable Birghtness Slider in Notification Panel
    -Advanced Location Settings Switch(Choose Battery saving/Device Only/High Accuracy Directly in Notification Panel)
    -LongPress Toogles to Enter Settings

-Buttons
    -Backlight Timer
    -Backlight Strength
    -Navigation Bar left/Right handed mode Switch
    -Power Menu
    -Power Menu End Calls Switch

-Home Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
    -Home Button Wake Up
    -Home Button answer call
    -Long Press Actions
    -Double Tap Actions

-Back Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
    -Wake Up device Switch

-Menu Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
    -Wake Up Device Switch
    -Short Press Actions
    -Long Press Actions

-Search Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
    -Wake Up Device
    -Short Press Action
    -Long Press Action

-Volume Buttons
    -Wake Up Device
    -Playback Control
    -Keyboard Cursor Control
    -Swap Buttons on Landscape mode

-Perfomance Profiles
    -LCD Density
    -Expanded Desktop Mode
    -All New CM Audio FX App
    -Heads Up Customizations
    -OverAll Smoothness Improvements
    -Quick Unlock
    -Optimizations to Improve Battery
    -ALL cm12 Features
    -AND MUCH MUCH MORE

Installation Instructions

- Download the latest build
    - Download Gapps
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Recommended - Full wipe and factory reset
    - Flash ROM using latest ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Reboot.
    - Enjoy!​

Update Insturaction

- Download the latest build of Resurrection ROM
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Flash ROM using recovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Wipe cache
    - Wipe dalvik cache
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy!​

Installation Files

Rules: Do not post any error or issues if custom kernel and xposed installed.WE DON'T SUPPORT .for everyone . if you guys want to use custom kernels . post issues there .not here .

I need helpful reports : if you having issues with the pure stock rom .explain it on your posts .and i ll find up solutions as soon as possible .otherwhise i cant help .please respect to development .and keep thread clean .thanks

Resurrection Remix v5.5.9 (Based on GearCM) [Stable][09/12]
    Resurrection Remix v5.6.4 (Based on GearCM) [APLHA][05/01]

Gapps
    https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/gapps?dl=gapps-lp-20141109-signed.zip

Loving ResurrectionRemix?

Why do not contribute to Development !

Big thanks to:

XDA developers

CM team

Omni team

Slim rom

AND OF COURSE TO ALL THE SUPPORTERS, DONATORS AND USERS

Source Code: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix

Credits :
    • Frapeti
    • Alberto96
    • Voltaqe
    • MemAllocator
    • Blaquedroid
    • JustArchi

XDA:DevDB Information
    Resurrection Remix OS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    Kung Fu monkey
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod 13, GearCM13

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2015-10-12

Created 2015-01-02
    Last Updated 2016-03-19
    Known Issues :
    Please do not report bugs if it is already listen in the list of known issues
    • Current Audio HAL doesn't wake up properly audio devices from standby, causing issues with some VOIP apps. Check FAQ for Workaround -- WIP | Highest Priority -- #1
    • While in-call (on second call) using headphones/headset audio will be routed to the Earpiece. Enable/Disable Speaker or Plug Out/In the Jack to fix it. (Probably linked to #1) -- WIP | High Priority --
    • While in-call using earpiece the receiver will hear a little echo effect if volume is set to maximum. Reduce volume to fix it. -- WIP | Medium-High Priority --
    • Wireless Display with some TVs (HDCP-dependent ones) could cause issues (AOSP bug related to HDCP. Google doesn't provide a solution) -- Unknown Status | Low Priority --
    • Rarely, when you wake-up the device, touchscreen will have a noticeable input lag, easily fixable by turning off and on the display. (H/W or S/W bug?) -- Probably won't be fixed | Undefined Priority --

FAQs

If there a procedure that i should follow in order to have a clean base to start from?

Yes, follow this procedure and you shouldn't have any issue.

1. Flash latest Stock ROM Odin package | http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/55812/I9500XXUHOH7_I9500MBCHOF1_MBC | using latest Odin3 Flasher | http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3446301&d=1440131361 | and Standard (not Chinese) .pit file. | http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2343320&d=1382462885 |
    2. After First Boot, Shutdown your device and Boot into recovery mode using 3 buttons combo (Volume +, Home, Power)
    3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset using Volume Keys and Power Button (on Stock Recovery)
    4. Flash latest TWRP 2.8.7.0 | https://dl.twrp.me/i9500/twrp-2.8.7.0-i9500.img.tar | using Odin3 | previously linked | (Untick Auto Reboot to avoid any issue)
    5. Shutdown your device (pull off your battery)
    6. Boot into recovery mode using 3 buttons combo | Volume +, Home, Power | (TWRP will boot now)
    7. Flash latest GearRecovery (on TWRP)
    8. Reboot into recovery mode using TWRP on-screen buttons | Home => Reboot => Recovery | (GearRecovery will boot now)
    9. Clean completely your device (Format Data and Wipe All Partitions)
    10. Reboot into recovery mode as did before (GearRecovery will boot again now)
    11. Flash latest GearCM ROM
    12. Home => Reboot => System

Where is "Developer Options" category?
    To activate 'Developer Options' category in Settings you need to tap 7 times on 'Build number' located into Settings -> About Phone.

What can i do to fix VOIP audio calls?
    There's not a real fix yet, so i found this useful workaround that could help you.

If you need to make a VOIP call:

1) Play something using stock music player (also third-party music players SHOULD be fine)

2) Do not pause audio playback

3) Make a call using your preferred VOIP app.

Or you can just use a Wired Headphone/Headset | BT Headphone/Headset.

This workaround should work also for incoming VOIP calls.

How can i solve problems with Hebrew language?
    Go to "Developer Options" in Settings and check "Force RTL layout direction".

What can i do to reduce the "echo effect" while in-call?
    Try to reduce in-call earpiece volume (if possible). Shouldn't be required on latest builds.

I'm having problems with battery life, what can i do?

1) Use "Greenify" to hibernate all apps with a "little cloud + 'Gcm' word inside" on the right of each app's name. Donation version is recommended because it allows deeper hibernation of apps

2) Disable "Location" or set it to mode "Battery Saving" (Settings -> Location)

3) Make sure that your 2G/3G mobile network signal level isn't always low or unstable

4) Deny "Wake Up" and "Keep Awake" permissions to Google and third-party apps. (Settings -> Privacy -> Privacy Guard -> Press menu button and check "Show built-in apps" -> Press menu button again and go to Advanced -> Horizontal Scroll to Device)

5) Disable "Sync" or sync only useful stuff like Contacts

6) Disable "Auto-rotate screen" (Settings -> Display & lights -> Rotation)

7) Use one of the latest Modem/Baseband listed on first post.

8) Disable Ambient Display

9) Install Xposed Framework and configure Amplify

If this isn't enough then replace your battery and/or reduce your phone usage. :silly:

Why is my phone over-heating while playing heavy-games or running heavy-apps?
    Use a bit your brain to explain why. High CPU and GPU usage = high heat production. Your phone will automatically throttle CPU when needed so don't worry, it is safe and normal.

Can I use another kernel instead of the one included in the zip?
    No. Only use the included kernel for 100% compatibility, bug reports with non-standard kernel will be ignored.

Can i disable S-View cover features (lock/unlock)?
    Not yet.

*** IR Remote app isn't working anymore/was working on previous builds/causes my phone to crash, what can i do?
    Contact *** IR Remote app developer.

Any question about "Can't connect to camera" issue
    Do not "stress" camera because we don't use yet a proper implementation. (Exynos limited open-source env.) Just Open & Close Camera apps carefully without force-closing them. (and do not do this frequently)
    Merry Christmas everyone!!!
    Here is the link to Resurrection Remix v5.6.0. Consider it a Christmas present from me. :)

What's not working?
    • SIM (RIL)
    • Camera

What's working?
    • The rest

Credits to Alberto96 for his CM13 bring up for our device.
    I am back guys!!!

Here is Resurrection Remix v5.5.9 (probably the last lollipop version of RR cause they moved to mm branch now :( )

This build is purely based on GearCM so it will have the same bugs as GearCM. If you guys want another build with some Archi's O3 optimizations and toolchain etc or some other suggestions than feel free to ask for it.

EDIT : Updated 3rd post which contains FAQs and know issue (Copy pasted from GearCM's thread ofcourse :p ).