• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

DISCONTINUED [ROM][7.1.1] SM-T320 | Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 [mondrianwifi]

Should I continue building CM 14.1?

• Yes, of course!

Votes: 46 100.0%
  • Nah, I don't think I'm going to use it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

AirForceOnes0010

Feb 2, 2011
Maine
Would a donation help sway your decision to work on the 12.2 version more? I see bounties on xda all the time for root, I'll start one for a daily driveable T900 CM14 if it's kosher with the rules and anyone else is interested. I'd think ~25 or so $10 donations could get this man a decent ebay 12.2 to work on? I paid 300 but it is mint and came with accessories and already rooted. I plan on keeping this awhile so I'll gladly vouch for 2 of the 25 and throw down $20. I don't really know how these things work so anyone chime in if this is dumb/illegal/whatever. I was just thinking that the 12.2 crowd was willing to spend more and go big, there's got to be a dozen or so of us willing to grease the wheels a little and make it happen?

Reactions: usafreod

thompatry

Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2012
Kansas
Would a donation help sway your decision to work on the 12.2 version more? I see bounties on xda all the time for root, I'll start one for a daily driveable T900 CM14 if it's kosher with the rules and anyone else is interested. I'd think ~25 or so $10 donations could get this man a decent ebay 12.2 to work on? I paid 300 but it is mint and came with accessories and already rooted. I plan on keeping this awhile so I'll gladly vouch for 2 of the 25 and throw down $20. I don't really know how these things work so anyone chime in if this is dumb/illegal/whatever. I was just thinking that the 12.2 crowd was willing to spend more and go big, there's got to be a dozen or so of us willing to grease the wheels a little and make it happen?

This thread is only supporting for a Snapdragon device. I can promise you that it will not run on a Exynos device. Right now I am working on some N stuff for T900. CM14 isn't necessarily stable either yet. Give it a little bit of time and it will come out. I promise, I will put of CM-14 for the T900 (Tab 12.2). If you are interested, CM-13.0 is very stable on the the T900 right now. I also have have T900 that I can test on.

AirForceOnes0010

Feb 2, 2011
Maine
This thread is only supporting for a Snapdragon device. I can promise you that it will not run on a Exynos device. Right now I am working on some N stuff for T900. CM14 isn't necessarily stable either yet. Give it a little bit of time and it will come out. I promise, I will put of CM-14 for the T900 (Tab 12.2). If you are interested, CM-13.0 is very stable on the the T900 right now. I also have have T900 that I can test on.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't mean to sound impatient, was just trying help. Unless I missed something, nothing in the OP mentions snapdragon only and in post #5 you specifically mention that you don't own a T900 so I was going to try and crowdsource you one lol. A regular donation next time I get paid will have to do. Thank you for all your time/effort you put into this, I'm thoroughly enjoying the 11-4 build of CM13 until you get 14 up and going, very stable.

Edit: post #5 wasn't you, my mistake. Migush is the one who needs a T900!

Last edited:
Reactions: PJhackmen

Ichijoe

Feb 11, 2007
Frankfurt am/Main
Is it just me, or are Qualcomm the only ones actually bothered to adhere to the GPL, and release Source Materials? I get that MediaTek, Rockchip, Allwinner, and AMLogic won't ever make anything available for us. But, I would have thought we could have at least shamed Samsung into releasing Code by now.

republicano

Mar 11, 2010
Is it just me, or are Qualcomm the only ones actually bothered to adhere to the GPL, and release Source Materials? I get that MediaTek, Rockchip, Allwinner, and AMLogic won't ever make anything available for us. But, I would have thought we could have at least shamed Samsung into releasing Code by now.

I have been scouting this forum lately since i have a chance to get a tab 10" for a good price, only to find its Exynos and still has not gotten lollipop officially.
I Swear i have to write this stuff down to remind me to avoid these chipsets.

Ichijoe

Feb 11, 2007
Frankfurt am/Main
I have been scouting this forum lately since i have a chance to get a tab 10" for a good price, only to find its Exynos and still has not gotten lollipop officially.
I Swear i have to write this stuff down to remind me to avoid these chipsets.

Well don't feel too left out, it's not like Sammy have ever treated the (Qual) 'commis any better. The only difference is Qualcomm have actually, managed to release enough Documentation, and Source materials for those that knew how to build an AOSP from stock.

Since the Exynos is made by Samsung... Well Let's just say I wish they were more like Qualcomm. But, since they are not there is just not enough Source Code to do anything with. Upshot no AOSP.

Ichijoe

Feb 11, 2007
Frankfurt am/Main
What kinda question is that? ~Should I continue to develop cm-14?~ Unless you hit a wall where it's just no longer possible, then yes definitely, you should. Again as long as you are willing to do it.

Ichijoe

Feb 11, 2007
Frankfurt am/Main
Not to rain on anyone's Parade, but does really expect the T520 (Exynos), to ever possibly enjoy more than the piddly support it has thus far managed?

Lord knows it's gonna be hard enough just porting Nougat to the Snap800 (For which exists Source Material), the Exynos however? Has no real Source Material.

shakatu

May 31, 2012
I didn't mean to say it was impossible, just improbable. And, doesn't that version have problems, like mounting SD Storage, and Auto Rotate?
Nope. Been using it as a daily driver for quite a while! All bugs have been worked out at this point, other than speaker audio is quieter than stock but flashing Dolby Atmos fixes that.

Sent from my SM-T520 using XDA Premium HD app

smalis

Sep 3, 2010
Here is Nougat for the 10.1 Pro, posted by pchatzop in the CM 13 thread:

"I made this as an experiment for personal usage, but it turns out it works fine so im sharing it. Here is Resurrection Remix 5.8.0(nougat) for n2awifi: https://mega.nz/#!UoAB1RwK!D8J3AhoyZ...wwfjePVOb5FUq0 . No serious bugs noticed yet, everything seems to work, have fun with the build and do as you like, download it, share it, mirror it, i dont care, just a few credits would be fine. Most of the work it done by the exynos-5420 team anyways, all i did is compile their sources. "

I will be trying this tomorrow.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage-OS-3-smaller.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Be aware that this ROM is not finished yet and will not fully function!
    Also make a backup of your device before flashing this rom, you can't be careful enough!
    Also do NOT expect daily updates!

I am not really a developer. I just compiled LineageOS from source and do not have the knowledge to fix these problems. If anyone wants to help me so I can learn how to solve problems, please contact me!

Things I'm aware of that are not working
    Video playback
    Bluetooth
    Camera and flash
    Portable Hotspot

Installation
    1. Download the ROM and Gapps zip files
    2. Install a custom recovery (I prefer TWRP)
    3. Make a backup
    4. Wipe data and do a factory reset
    5. Flash the LineageOS and then the Gapps zip
    6. Reboot your device
    If everything went right you should get an "ANDROID" boot logo.

Credits:
    @Taker18 for helping me fix some errors I got! Make sure to check out his awesome work!
    And the whole LineageOS team of course :victory:

Downloads:
    See @phoval 's thread under 'Original Android Development' for an updated version!
    Outdated:
    AndroidFilehost: Download Here
    (Latest = 2017-01-13)

Source:
    Device [url]http://www.github.com/LineageOS/android_device_samsung_mondrianwifi[/URL]
    Kernel [url]http://www.github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_mondrianwifi[/URL]​

XDA:DevDB Information
    DISCONTINUED [ROM][7.1.1] SM-T320 | Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 [mondrianwifi], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
    Migush
    Source Code: [url]https://www.github.com/LineageOS[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2016-09-18
    Last Updated 2017-06-20
    Thank you, gentlemen. I've been waiting impatiently for this.
    :) We expect trouble-free version as soon as possible :)
    good work.
    I'm sorry you have to wait, I'll upload as soon as possible! (Probably tomorrow)
    I'm sorry it took long :(. I could use some help because I'm not a "real" developer, and do not have the knowledge to fix problems in this rom.
    Just to confirm, will you be supporting the SM-T900 (12.2" Pro)?
    I don't have the 12.2" myself (I do have te 8.4") so I buildt it for the 8.4". I hope I have enough time to make it for the 10.1" and 12.2" too.
    Why was this discontinued? Was it only discontinued for a linage version based on 8.0?
    Another member of the forums, @phoval, was and still is releasing daily builds for the SM-T320 while I wasn't. That's why I discontinued the development for this rom.