[DISCONTINUED][ROM][7.1.2][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 for P2

Search This thread
G

GuestK00412

Only Jio sim have network fluctuation on almost every rom i have tried except Stock. I am using Airtel now as my primary sim and i have never encounter network fluctuation since then.

*4G thing, besides indicator fluctuates not the network, data connection remains stable. The main problem was WiFi random disconnection, which had been fixed in with the April update somewhere.

Last edited:

shabab malik

Feb 10, 2012
New Delhi
Wifi problem is still there. Today 5 disconnects for me. Clean flash. No change

i haven't encounter any Wifi problem. I have using this from last 3 build. It was a problem on 1st build when i was sharing something from shareit and it keeps disconnecting since then i have not tried using share it but in day to day usage i haven't face any issue with wifi.

Kevindiepenmaat

May 26, 2008
Borne
i haven't encounter any Wifi problem. I have using this from last 3 build. It was a problem on 1st build when i was sharing something from shareit and it keeps disconnecting since then i have not tried using share it but in day to day usage i haven't face any issue with wifi.

Same here, only the issue experienced in the 1st. The following builds no issues including the current release.

G

GuestK00412

WiFi disconnecting hasn't been entirely fixed but it's frequency of happening has significantly reduced.

here from what i see, SHAREit connection won't break up anymore & Downloads in WiFi doesn't hovers to 0 kb/s like they did before very frequently.

Erazor84

Apr 4, 2011
Vienna
the funny thing: i NEVER had problems with the wifi, until the april build. after the build from april the wifi problems started for me. (try to open webpages - wifi disconnects and reconnects after 3-4 seconds).

what i've done so far:

wiped everything and cleanflashed the latest 2 builds - no change.

it happen to me 2-6 times a day. i can live with it, but it's funny, that the build which should have been fix the problem, did the opposit to my device ;) because i never had it before haha

[email protected]

Jul 12, 2017
Check out ram usage!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180507-204929.png
    Screenshot_20180507-204929.png
    185.6 KB · Views: 1,096

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is no longer supported since the device is receiving LineageOS 15.1 official builds

Code:
    [COLOR="Purple"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/COLOR]

Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended TWRP recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
    Install LineageOS on kuntao

Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
    Open GApps (choose the variant you want)

Changelog:
    Changes for kuntao

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS JIRA

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official LineageOS 14.1 for P2, ROM for the Lenovo P2

Contributors
    mikeioannina, highwaystar_ru, FireLord
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Any version of stock 6.0. Recommended: P2a42_S251_171107_ROW
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-03-20
    Last Updated 2018-11-15
    Some update on 15.1 again, everything is working with treble and VNDK enabled but runtime linker isolation disabled. With the right SELinux policies, no functionality loss happens so I will merge the treble related commits soon.

I just still need to test a clean install for any issues and SELinux denials and test VoLTE before official builds start. I'll be sending a build to a few people in the next days probably
    Some update on 15.1, everything is working but treble is kept disabled for now, as it "breaks" fingerprint gestures, glove mode and some livedisplay options. It can be enabled later when I find some more time to look into the issues, but let's not make it a blocker to ship official builds.

I just need to test a clean install for any issues and SELinux denials and I need someone to test VoLTE. My life is getting busier during summer at work, but now I use kuntao as daily driver again to spot any potential issues.
    Offline alarms being broken is a known issue on cm-14.1 for all devices. Attempts to fix it have been made, but they are all incomplete and at this point nobody works actively on cm-14.1. It's not supported at all on lineage-15.1 at the moment, because codeaurora changed their implementation again (they do it on every single version :( )

Good news is that I have lineage-15.1 in a pretty good shape with almost everything working. Now I'm just working on updating whatever proprietary files are possible to oreo version from other 8953 devices, need to rewrite SELinux policy and maybe experiment with treble using /preload partition as vendor before shipping official builds. Sources will be on gerrit as soon as I cleanup my local mess.
    Some update, I spent the past few days working on kuntao and now I've pushed all my device sources to gerrit, kernel to staging/lineage-15.1 branch as usual and proprietary files at my github.
    I have kuntao booting with 'preload' partition used as /vendor, enabled full treble and fixed everything to compile with BOARD_VNDK_VERSION := current (although I have runtime linker isolation disabled at the moment).

Everything works except NFC (which worked before enabling full treble), wrong BT/WiFi MAC addresses and I didn't test VoLTE because it's not supported in Greece. I'll keep trying to figure out NFC and MAC in the next days, but the bringup looks more promising than I thought, I hope our old blobs won't cause more issues with treble that I haven't seen yet.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone