JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2018
Earth
github.com
Moto G5S
Moto G7
uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.
5) Please keep bugreports to this thread or Discord. Do NOT create a Jira ticket. This is still in early development so we don't accept any bugreports yet.

Requirements:
Be sure to check the 2nd post, you'll find all the needed info and updates there.

Website
Download
Join the CarbonROM Discord server
Meet us on Telegram
GitHub
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM 7 for Moto G5S, ROM for the Moto G5S

Contributors
JarlPenguin
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: Oreo
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 0.5
Beta Release Date: 2019-05-18

Created 2019-05-21
Last Updated 2019-10-10

Last edited:

2damfilthy

Jan 29, 2018
There are a few bugs/missing features that I think are worth reporting. First of there is no option to add a fingerprint to unlock the phone, also fingerprint gestures don't seem to work. Besides that, I've had some problems with GPS signal being lost and regained every minute or so. Besides that everything is working fine! Keep up the good work, and thank you for this release!

Edit: Also fingerprint gestures are not working

Last edited:

newinnov

Sep 11, 2012
There are a few bugs/missing features that I think are worth reporting. First of there is no option to add a fingerprint to unlock the phone, also fingerprint gestures don't seem to work. Besides that, I've had some problems with GPS signal being lost and regained every minute or so. Besides that everything is working fine! Keep up the good work, and thank you for this release!

Edit: Also fingerprint gestures are not working

Hi, Finger print gestures were working fine when I tested, Are you sure using Oreo Firmware?

Reactions: 2damfilthy

2damfilthy

Jan 29, 2018
Hi, Finger print gestures were working fine when I tested, Are you sure using Oreo Firmware?

Hi, actually I'm not sure. All i did was download the rom and flash it through twrp. How can I check if I'm using oreo firmware? And if I'm not how can I install it? I'm actually trying to find it on google, but I haven't come across a solution.

Edit: Found it, will try installing the oreo firmware. That was a huge oversight from me.

Edit2: Yep, worked. Thanks a ton.

Last edited:

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2018
Earth
github.com
Moto G5S
Moto G7
New update, check OP for link.

Changelog:
Code:
June security patch.
CarbonROM source updates.
Updated device sources from CAF.
Removed useless blobs.
Added zram support for Moto G5S' with 4GB of RAM.
Fixed video recording on Snap and switched to Snap.
Lowered minimum brightness.
Some audio optimizations.
Fixed call recording.
Kernel compiled with clang.
Smoothened vibrations.
Updated media configs.
Enforced Oreo bootloader.
Fixed Wi-Fi Display (Miracast).
Removed NFC stuff on XT1790/XT1795.
Upstreamed kernel to 3.18.140.
Fixed Moto Actions crash (only affects select handsets).
Removed DTV (Digital TV) as none of our handsets support it (as far as I am aware of).
Addressed some denials.

Last edited:
Reactions: ARJNMRLON

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.
    5) Please keep bugreports to this thread or Discord. Do NOT create a Jira ticket. This is still in early development so we don't accept any bugreports yet.

Requirements:
    Be sure to check the 2nd post, you'll find all the needed info and updates there.

Website
    Download
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    Meet us on Telegram
    GitHub
    Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM 7 for Moto G5S, ROM for the Moto G5S

Contributors
    JarlPenguin
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Oreo
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 0.5
    Beta Release Date: 2019-05-18

Created 2019-05-21
    Last Updated 2019-10-10
    Thanks Jarl, antything Works Fine here
    New build is up.
    Changelog:
    • July security patch.
    • Increased in-call volume.
    • Increased WiFi speed (enabled 2.4GHz channel bonding)
    • Updated some configs.
    • Updated some overlays.
    • Reduced minimum brightness.
    • Enforced Oreo bootloader.
    • All other LineageOS 16 changes.
    New build is up, and this is the final one.

Changelog:
    August security patch
    Updated kernel with changes from CAF (thanks to @wiktorek140)
    Final build, as CarbonROM no longer updates its Pie branches

Thanks to Caike Henrique for testing :)

Download link is in the OP. Thanks to everyone who has supported me and used this ROM :)