[ROM][A12][GAPPS] XTENDED XS-Tribute To Vladimir [Oneplus 5 & 5T][ 19 Feb 2022 ]

Search This thread

vdbhb59

Feb 15, 2016
OnePlus 5
Samsung Galaxy M30
Adaptive brightness is not very clever, is there a way to set a minimum level that it can't go under. I have turned it off for the time being.
Add/Edit this/these line(s) in /system/build.prop
ro.lcd_default_brightness=XXX
ro.lcd_min_brightness=XX/XXX
ro.lcd_max_brightness=XX/XXX

Values to choose are between 0-255, whereas the maximum and minimum by default/preset are 177 & 20 respectively.
If the entries are not present, then the system will default to preset, else if you add/edit, it will pick that up. Ensure to reboot sysui post changes.

Last edited:

thaidroid

Dec 10, 2010
Pattaya (Thailand)
OnePlus 5T
Realme 7
I do not get carrier data on my phone, discovered the issue today while on the road trying to use Maps. I guess I've always been on WIFI and that's why I have not detected the problem. I'm now at home and have tested bot MSM and crDroid and none of them gives me 4G data access. OOS10 no problem whatsoever 4G and fast. Is this an issue with my network provider or do I have to tweak something?

Tried clean-flashing both straight after factory wipe of OOS10 with working data.

Just Tested, [ROM][11.0] Yet another AOSP project [OP5/5T][ALPHA][18-10-2020], and it works, gives me 4G Lte+ right away.

Last edited:

Sc4r3Crow

May 18, 2017
Does this rom support signature spoofing?
If so, how to flash MicroG, is there any special flashing procedure required?

vdbhb59

Feb 15, 2016
OnePlus 5
Samsung Galaxy M30
Does this rom support signature spoofing?
If so, how to flash MicroG, is there any special flashing procedure required?
Yes, it supports. Anyways, by default, now you can work oob. No special instructions, just follow the inxs from microG.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

I do not get carrier data on my phone, discovered the issue today while on the road trying to use Maps. I guess I've always been on WIFI and that's why I have not detected the problem. I'm now at home and have tested bot MSM and crDroid and none of them gives me 4G data access. OOS10 no problem whatsoever 4G and fast. Is this an issue with my network provider or do I have to tweak something?

Tried clean-flashing both straight after factory wipe of OOS10 with working data.

Just Tested, [ROM][11.0] Yet another AOSP project [OP5/5T][ALPHA][18-10-2020], and it works, gives me 4G Lte+ right away.
Try to switch between 2G/3G and LTE. Reboot sysui once. Check.

Sc4r3Crow

May 18, 2017
Yes, it supports. Anyways, by default, now you can work oob. No special instructions, just follow the inxs from microG.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Is formatting required for clean flash as stated in OP? I don't want to lose my stuff respectively have to back it up, that's why I'm asking...

vdbhb59

Feb 15, 2016
OnePlus 5
Samsung Galaxy M30
Is formatting required for clean flash as stated in OP? I don't want to lose my stuff respectively have to back it up, that's why I'm asking...
If coming from another 11 ROM, dirty flash, and should work okay, with few glitches.
If from 10, clean flash else sysui may break a lot, rendering it useless.
By clean I mean /wipe and no /format of userdata.
Anyways, if you face issues, and if your Android folder does not contain much data, do a dirty like this:
Delete Android folder from TWRP (or rm -rf from terminal). Wipe the cache/dalvik from recovery or rm -rf /data/cache & /data/dalvik-cache.
Reboot to TWRP (if deleted the above 2 via cmd/terminal).
Then follow the process to flash. Dirty/Clean.
This helps a lot even for sysui.
Ohh and remember to delete all lock states.
Did I answer your query or did I confuse you? :confused:

thkgop001

Jan 6, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well.

As always, since oreo, Xtended is famous for releasing new Android version with a bang. Thus we would like to keep the tradition on going.

Allow us to welcome you to Android 11 aka Android R of MSM Xtended, XR v1.0.

Best Regards
Team Xtended

Hi Everyone,

Thank you to the entire MSM team and Mukesh Bhai for this release!

Getting ready for the jump from the A10 tribute build to the new A11 build this weekend, on my daily driver dumpling.

A few questions for those that have restored their A10 backups:

1. Does TiBu work fine for restoring apps and data?
2. Does Migrate work fine for restoring apps and data?

ROM questions:

3. I'm guessing that headphone audio is working OK on the new build?
4. Coming from A10, would this TWRP be OK to clean flash with? twrp-3.3.1-20190908-0-codeworkx-signed-forcedecrypt-dumpling.img

Cheers,

Rick1684

Sep 25, 2012
New Carlisle
Hi Everyone,

Thank you to the entire MSM team and Mukesh Bhai for this release!

Getting ready for the jump from the A10 tribute build to the new A11 build this weekend, on my daily driver dumpling.

A few questions for those that have restored their A10 backups:

1. Does TiBu work fine for restoring apps and data?
2. Does Migrate work fine for restoring apps and data?

ROM questions:

3. I'm guessing that headphone audio is working OK on the new build?
4. Coming from A10, would this TWRP be OK to clean flash with? twrp-3.3.1-20190908-0-codeworkx-signed-forcedecrypt-dumpling.img

Cheers,

1/2 TiBu hasn't worked well since pie. I switched to swift backup or yes migrate works well.
3. Headphone audio is fine although no viper for a11 yet.
4. As far as recovery it should work fine however the team is using the 3.4.0 build from Mauronofrio for all testing.

Basically as long as you are on the latest hotfix firmware you should be fine coming from 10. Clean flash and wiping sdcard/android folder is recommended.

Last edited:

Sc4r3Crow

May 18, 2017
If coming from another 11 ROM, dirty flash, and should work okay, with few glitches.
If from 10, clean flash else sysui may break a lot, rendering it useless.
By clean I mean /wipe and no /format of userdata.
Anyways, if you face issues, and if your Android folder does not contain much data, do a dirty like this:
Delete Android folder from TWRP (or rm -rf from terminal). Wipe the cache/dalvik from recovery or rm -rf /data/cache & /data/dalvik-cache.
Reboot to TWRP (if deleted the above 2 via cmd/terminal).
Then follow the process to flash. Dirty/Clean.
This helps a lot even for sysui.
Ohh and remember to delete all lock states.
Did I answer your query or did I confuse you? :confused:

Thanks for your answer.
Flashing instruction in OP is a bit misleading and I don't want to make any mistakes. If there's another updated instruction for Android Q, I must have overlooked it...sorry for that.

I've tried some other A11 roms so far, but none of them supports MicroG fully/at all. And because I don't want to use Gapps, I'm kinda dependant on MicroG.
Flashing other roms sometimes takes a lot of time, that's why I wanted to be sure about flashing this one and also about MicroG compatibility.

I think it should work with your advice, thanks again :good:

vdbhb59

Feb 15, 2016
OnePlus 5
Samsung Galaxy M30
Thanks for your answer.
Flashing instruction in OP is a bit misleading and I don't want to make any mistakes. If there's another updated instruction for Android Q, I must have overlooked it...sorry for that.

I've tried some other A11 roms so far, but none of them supports MicroG fully/at all. And because I don't want to use Gapps, I'm kinda dependant on MicroG.
Flashing other roms sometimes takes a lot of time, that's why I wanted to be sure about flashing this one and also about MicroG compatibility.

I think it should work with your advice, thanks again :good:
One suggestion. I do not use gapps or even microg myself. Unless you need something from the datastealersuite, I suggest dump microg as well. It too does send some data irrespective due to the connection to foogle servers.

Sc4r3Crow

May 18, 2017
One suggestion. I do not use gapps or even microg myself. Unless you need something from the datastealersuite, I suggest dump microg as well. It too does send some data irrespective due to the connection to foogle servers.

I'm using some messengers and need connectivity to some servers, that's why I'm using MicroG...only reason is to have the possibility to communicate via concerning apps.

vdbhb59

Feb 15, 2016
OnePlus 5
Samsung Galaxy M30
I'm using some messengers and need connectivity to some servers, that's why I'm using MicroG...only reason is to have the possibility to communicate via concerning apps.
If I may ask, what apps are these?
I use these:
SMS - QKSMS
TG- TG FOSS (I no longer am on TG)

XMPP - Con6ations/Conversations
WA - Use GB/YOWA (I do not use any F**kbook services) lol
Riot/Signal/Jabber - All can run without any GSM/FGM etc.

sjamie

Aug 6, 2011
I use these:
SMS - QKSMS

Most of the apps you use I've never heard of before. :D

Do your friends have to use the same apps to communicate with you or will your apps communicate with those using common apps like Messenger, Whatsapp, Telegram, etc?

vdbhb59

Feb 15, 2016
OnePlus 5
Samsung Galaxy M30
Most of the apps you use I've never heard of before. :D

Do your friends have to use the same apps to communicate with you or will your apps communicate with those using common apps like Messenger, Whatsapp, Telegram, etc?
TG FOSS is same, like TG. Just the FOSS version. XMPP is the iirc stuff, and secure enough to run. QKSMS is just another SMS client. Jabber etc are platform/providers for XMPP or Matrix. WA, TG, FB, are in no manner secure. Recall my incident I told you about. I closed my FB account 5 years ago. FB never deleted it, they never delete any account, ever. They keep all your data. Even after you complete all your 7 lives, if you catch my drift.

thaidroid

Dec 10, 2010
Pattaya (Thailand)
OnePlus 5T
Realme 7

YAAP gives lots of options for preferred network type, the one below was auto selected.
NR/LTE/TDSCDMA/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA
Something for next build;)

Sc4r3Crow

May 18, 2017
I use these:
SMS - QKSMS

I'm using whatsapp, telegram and line messenger...I would have dumped whatsapp (and maybe telegram) long time ago, but most of my friends and colleagues use them...so in order to communicate with them I'm kinda "dependant" on these services

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2021-X-Temp-Head.png

Disclaimer
    * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD card or anything happens with your device
    * Flash on your own risk/knowledge.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEAM XTENDED: @SuperDroidBond | @mady51 | @mukesh22584 | @anishpratheepan | @xawlw | @SonalSingh18 | @Roger.T

FEATURES: Get Feature list from HERE

SUPPORT LINK: Xtended Telegram Public Group

SCREENSHOTS:
    Click HERE

ROM DOWNLOADS: MSM-Xtended ROM

GAPPS DOWNLOADS: Already Included

ROM SOURCE: Project-Xtended ROM Sources

KERNEL SOURCE: Our Official Devices Sources

Social Media Link: Click HERE (Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for latest updates)

DONATIONS: SuperDroidBond | mukesh22584 | mady51

We would like to give thanks to everyone in the Android community, big or small.
    DOWNLOADS

Oneplus 5 (Cheeseburger): Cheeseburger latest Release build

Oneplus 5t (Dumpling): Dumpling latest release build

Gapps : Already included

No_verity :
    Click HERE
    MSM Xtended XQ Release v3.0 for Cheeseburger

Hello Brothers,
    Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
    We are glad to present you with the new update of MSM Xtended XQ Release v3.0.
    Device Changelog -
    • Kernel Is now Mad-X with base of LOS
    • Kernel Upstream to 4.4.199
    • Kernel compiled with Clang 10
    • Picked a lot of commit from MAD KERNEL for better optimization, Thanks to @mady51
    ROM Changelog - MSM Xtended XQ Release v3.0

Download - MSM Xtended XQ Release v3.0 for Cheeseburger

Gapps - OpenGapps November Build

Read before ask - Important Notes/FAQs

Required Firmware - 9.0.9
    • Clean Flash is recommended but Dirty Flash should be fine as well. Remember to flash Gapps & Magisk while both kind of flashing.
    • Please share your feedback and reviews. Its important for us to understand how we are doing and what all we need to improve.
    • Donations are always welcome and it does help us in getting the server to build and for motivations for our device maintainers.

Best Regards
    Team Xtended
    FAQs

Coming from OOS or Encrypted device:: Format userdata (Mandatory) ,

Flashing Instruction:: Just Wipe Dalvik/ART Cache + Cache + System + Vendor + Data, now Flash > ROM + GApps + Magisk + No_verity_V4.

If your Device rebooted to recovery/fast-boot mod, getting bootloop or random FCs/reboot

You need Format userdata first (Mandatory) Here is How ? Backup all your internal data first, (Don't blame me you'll lost everything), Go to recovery,
    Select wipe,Select format data,Type "yes" ( Without quotes),Swipe.You're decrpted now, Now Flash ROM.

Encryption:: Not Tested, Test & Let us know

After Flashing ROM if getting app/settings FCs:: First Describe your procedure of flashing,Please Provide logs if you're getting issue.

Don't report any issue without logs:: How to take logs ? Ask to you're friend................GOOGLE

Feature request:: Why not, Just provide reference/commit

Kernel:: You can flash any custom kernel what you want, but I'm not going to add, also don't report any issue if you have flashed any custom kernel.

Better battery life:: It's depend on user pattern, Either you can get better battery cost of performance or better performance cost of battery.

Known Issue:: Nothing, But if you get any Please Let us know with logs

Firmware:: Always flash firmware that has been recommended.
    Hello Everyone,

We wish you all to be healthy, happy, safe & sound.

Here we are coming again with a new “major-bug fix” update of MSM-Xtended. There are a few cool things added along with some of major bug fixes.

We are glad to bug you all again with MSM Xtended XQ Release v10.5.

ROM Changelog : Click HERE

Device Changelog:

• Updated blobs to Android 10 hotfix
    • Kernel upstreamed to 4.4.228
    • Enforcing now
    • Added Automatic High brightness mode (Oneplus****)
    • Removed Duplicate ambient display from settings

Downloads : MSM Xtended XQ Release V10.5
    Read before ask : Important Notes/FAQs
    ScreenShots : Click HERE

• Firmware_10.0.0_Hotfix is recommended .
    • Clean Flash is recommended .
    • Please share your feedback and reviews. Its important for us to understand how we are doing and what all we need to improve.
    • Donations are always welcome and it does help us in getting the server to build and for motivations for our device maintainers.

Best Regards
    Team Xtended