[DISCONTINUED][ROM]G955W_SnapDragon_Rooted_Slightly_Debloated_Canadia n_Variants

Search This thread

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Your phone needs to be rooted before installing this rom. Root for te S8+ can be found here Thanks @elliwigy and all who made it happen

This will be a rom with system root so magisk or supersu hide or any root checking apps will not work

Download

AP_G955WVLS1AQH1.zip
ADD_CSC_FEATURES_SYSTEMROOT_CANADA.zip

Instructions

Unzip AP_G955WVLS1AQH1.zip and copy AP_G955WVLS1AQH1.tar to your internal storage
Copy ADD_CSC_FEATURES_SYSTEMROOT.zip to your internal or sd card
Open Flashfire choose add zip choose ADD_CSC_FEATURES_SYSTEMROOT.zip and choose to mount system
Choose add firmware and choose AP_G955WVLS1AQH1.tar select all three partitions and allow processing of cache
Choose add wipe and select System data, 3rd party apps, Dalvik cache, Cache partiton, Cache Partiton format
Move this wipe to the top so its the first thing flashfire does
Make sure inject supersu is not checked
Make sure the flash order is Wipe, AP_G955WVLS1AQH1.tar, Process Cache then ADD_CSC_FEATURES_SYSTEMROOT.zip

To get SnapChat working click disable supersu in the supersu app settings
Reboot Phone Install SnapChat
Enable supersu.
If this fails go down to reinstall in settings and click
Flashfire should now work and reflash this SuperSU_2.82_SR3_System_Root_Only.zip

Bugs
The same bugs as listed in root thread

Thanks to these people @rayan-refoua For the cool boot animation

Last edited:

bill10

Mar 21, 2012
Wow a ROM for us Canadians!!! Is there any info on it? Besides being debloated where you able to manage anything else to it? Keep up the good work

Sent from my SM-G955W using XDA-Developers Legacy app

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Another question does this have 100% battery

TheLastSidekick

Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
Wow a ROM for us Canadians!!! Is there any info on it? Besides being debloated where you able to manage anything else to it? Keep up the good work

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Due to the fact in the OP it says your phone has to be rooted before you can use this ROM, no. Most you should normally charge to is 80%.

Reactions: dogredwing1

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra

The same charging bug still is present. I just through this up obviously I can't test this rom on your phone as I have Verizon model. I tested it on my phone but I used US csc codes so I really don't know how it will react on your phone. That being said I may not be able to answer connectivity issues and such. If anyone finds any issues using csc mods zip. You can always just flash the AP file and just use the supersu zip in the op in place of the Add csc root zip. This will give you a totally stock rooted Rom no tweaks or mods

Reactions: lastmoonchild

bill10

Mar 21, 2012
The same charging bug still is present. I just through this up obviously I can't test this rom on your phone as I have Verizon model. I tested it on my phone but I used US csc codes so I really don't know how it will react on your phone. That being said I may not be able to answer connectivity issues and such. If anyone finds any issues using csc mods zip. You can always just flash the AP file and just use the supersu zip in the op in place of the Add csc root zip. This will give you a totally stock rooted Rom no tweaks or mods
Ok thanks will test this out on the morning

ashwinrajan

Oct 11, 2016
Thanks for the rom. Everything works except i cant get bixby voice to work. Its asking me to download the latest system software when i try to use bixby voice. I hope you can fix that issue. Thanks again.

dfawlt

Jun 15, 2013
Montreal
So we follow the instructions on the original post here linking to the g55u root, finish that, then come flash this ROM?

Does this ROM break Android Pay? Also any suggestions to make the backup/restore process simple pre -,> post flashing rom?

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra

bill10

Mar 21, 2012
I installed this from and I'm having an issue with supersu. It won't respond and non of my root apps will work. Any help would be great

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Awesome can't get root access can't reflash with flashfire because of no root access so I can't even try to reflash and can't go back to the other rooted rom so I have to go back to stock and start all over again. Great

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

I removed adguard and everything is working again. Weird

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your phone needs to be rooted before installing this rom. Root for te S8+ can be found here Thanks @elliwigy and all who made it happen

This will be a rom with system root so magisk or supersu hide or any root checking apps will not work

Download

AP_G955WVLS1AQH1.zip
    ADD_CSC_FEATURES_SYSTEMROOT_CANADA.zip

Instructions

Unzip AP_G955WVLS1AQH1.zip and copy AP_G955WVLS1AQH1.tar to your internal storage
    Copy ADD_CSC_FEATURES_SYSTEMROOT.zip to your internal or sd card
    Open Flashfire choose add zip choose ADD_CSC_FEATURES_SYSTEMROOT.zip and choose to mount system
    Choose add firmware and choose AP_G955WVLS1AQH1.tar select all three partitions and allow processing of cache
    Choose add wipe and select System data, 3rd party apps, Dalvik cache, Cache partiton, Cache Partiton format
    Move this wipe to the top so its the first thing flashfire does
    Make sure inject supersu is not checked
    Make sure the flash order is Wipe, AP_G955WVLS1AQH1.tar, Process Cache then ADD_CSC_FEATURES_SYSTEMROOT.zip

To get SnapChat working click disable supersu in the supersu app settings
    Reboot Phone Install SnapChat
    Enable supersu.
    If this fails go down to reinstall in settings and click
    Flashfire should now work and reflash this SuperSU_2.82_SR3_System_Root_Only.zip

Bugs
    The same bugs as listed in root thread

Thanks to these people @rayan-refoua For the cool boot animation

Due to the fact in the OP it says your phone has to be rooted before you can use this ROM, no. Most you should normally charge to is 80%.

Guys we will stop the language and keep the thread on topic