[Discontinued][ROM][InvictaOS v4.15][XT16xx][MotoG4/Plus][7.1.2_r29][11-17-17]

Should I revert InvictaN camera to support HAL3? Will need a reboot to use flashlight

• Are you nuts? Let it be the way it is.

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Need better photos of my gf!!! Change it already.

Votes: 55 85.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

PC295

Dec 20, 2016
Görlitz
Can't fix an issue which ain't there.

I have again converted a video into different formats and copied these to the smartphone.

The result:
mkv, mov, mp4 and 3pg works
mpg partial (various containers)
avi, flv, mpg and wmv does not work

In the gallery, mpg and wmv videos are not even displayed!

In the different file explorers the same problem is shown.
In some apps, videos are not recognized as such, but as "other files"

https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4238851&stc=1&d=1502471782
https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4238852&stc=1&d=1502471782
https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4238853&stc=1&d=1502471782
https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4238854&stc=1&d=1502471782

Please check this and give feedback.
(Other users also like)

For curious: Video: Junk Mail - Cyanide & Happiness

Attachments

• 2017_08_11_18.51.00.jpg
    2017_08_11_18.51.00.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 700
  • 2017_08_11_18.58.41.jpg
    2017_08_11_18.58.41.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 686
  • 2017_08_11_18.59.06.jpg
    2017_08_11_18.59.06.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 682
  • 2017_08_11_19.00.13.jpg
    2017_08_11_19.00.13.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 666
Last edited:

PC295

Dec 20, 2016
Görlitz
Maybe you should wipe internal storage and sd card and try again. Maybe there's some caches that lead to those behaviors, also with your other media types.

I have already done a cean installation.
This is probably because Android now has only limited read / write rights.

I have formatted now the SD as internal memory (adoptable)
Here there are no problems - with no app.

j0nas_

Jul 25, 2016
Since this is based on lineage os, can I dirty flash it?
I don't want a complete new start, I'm just willing to try if the wakelock blocker does any substantial difference to my standby times.

Aug 19, 2015
Coimbatore
Yes, it does.

Really great ROM! Everything works totally fine.Been my daily driver for quite some time I very much appreciate adding the dark mode, but did you notice that the notification color matched with the same black and no visibility is there.
One suggestion will be , if you could add the viper4android as default instead of the audiofx.

Great job,thank you so much

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
Really great ROM! Everything works totally fine.Been my daily driver for quite some time I very much appreciate adding the dark mode, but did you notice that the notification color matched with the same black and no visibility is there.
One suggestion will be , if you could add the viper4android as default instead of the audiofx.

Great job,thank you so much

I don't want to add to my headache by adding mods which may create issues which the normal user cannot fix, which results in the thread being inundated with bug reports. I'll leave that option with the user.

4.7 will have pa color engine as a test. Still have a few niggles that's beyond my level of knowledge to fix. But generally works fine.

Aug 19, 2015
Coimbatore
I don't want to add to my headache by adding mods which may create issues which the normal user cannot fix, which results in the thread being inundated with bug reports. I'll leave that option with the user.

4.7 will have pa color engine as a test. Still have a few niggles that's beyond my level of knowledge to fix. But generally works fine.

pa color engine sounds great! thanks

sarath medithi

Nov 23, 2013
Hyderabad
How to Install ViperFx on Invicta OS?

Follow the steps

1. Make sure you have magisk installed. if you have lineage su addon set selinux to permissive mode skip step 4.
2. Download ViperFX 2.5.0.5 by guitardedhero 20170103.zip from here and copy to phone/sdcard
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298920860
3. Boot to recovery and flash ViperFX 2.5.0.5 by guitardedhero 20170103.zip
4. After reboot open magisk and goto downloads install viper4andrdoidfx module.
5. After reboot open Viperfx app and install viperfx driver then reboot.
6. open viper fx and check driver status.

djumie

Dec 31, 2009

C'mon! The last Magnus Opus works perfectly fine in Invicta.
Here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195922231

Just download the Magnus Opus, unzip the arise_customize_prop from inside Getting Start>Your System folder to your intsdcard root and edit your config.
Then go to recovery, flash Magnus Opus and reboot.
Open your player, play some music and open Viper. Click to enable (or load a preset), then disable and enable again. That's it! Your Viper will be working.

If you have Magisk, then you need to write true in this option inside arise_prop and also download a magisk module (you can found it inside ARISE post)

Don't forget that Viper needs busybox, so you need to get that into your system. Magisk busybox does not work.

j0nas_

Jul 25, 2016
I tried this ROM earlier today and I really like it. While LOS has good standby this rom takes it way further. I was just wondering where the wakelock blocker is? Is it default or some setting somewhere? I couldn't find it.

subhash8765

May 18, 2016
Need to download wakelock blocker application from play store.

I tried this ROM earlier today and I really like it. While LOS has good standby this rom takes it way further. I was just wondering where the wakelock blocker is? Is it default or some setting somewhere? I couldn't find it.

Read that it was implemented after v4.4 . Now I have just got an used Moto g4 plus. Just doing research on bootloader unlock and installation of custom ROM. This ROM seems the one I am looking for. Does requesting bootloader unlock code void the warranty permanently? Or would relocking will have me covered? My SOT is like 3-3.5 hours on stock. Standby isn't that great too? Can I hope for better battery life with this ROM + substratum ?

Z

zeomal

Is there a way to save photos and videos from google camera to SD?
Google Camera is built for devices without an SD card, and Google is a company that detests the use of SD cards, so no.
Of course, there may be an Xposed module for enabling this, but I am not aware of any.

j0nas_

Jul 25, 2016
Read that it was implemented after v4.4 . Now I have just got an used Moto g4 plus. Just doing research on bootloader unlock and installation of custom ROM. This ROM seems the one I am looking for. Does requesting bootloader unlock code void the warranty permanently? Or would relocking will have me covered? My SOT is like 3-3.5 hours on stock. Standby isn't that great too? Can I hope for better battery life with this ROM + substratum ?
Requesting bootloader unlock code doesn't void warranty, but an unlocked bootloader does. Relocking will have it covered.

I get 4 1/2 up to 6 hours on LOS of SoT, you'll get better from this ROM presumably. Though your mileage may vary because we all have different usage habits and live in different areas.

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
Next build will have PA color engine just for users to experience it. There are a lot of glitches in the dark/grey themes which is partly due to the fact that cm has part of it's settings in cmparts and it doesn't play nice with the theme engine. There are white backgrounds even in the PA ROM as confirmed by a user. I will still be including it to let u experience it. Also had to move CMActions out of settings and as a separate app which is not themed. White themes work without issues.

Stay tuned.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170812-225126.png
    Screenshot_20170812-225126.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 422
  • Screenshot_20170812-225131.png
    Screenshot_20170812-225131.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 410
  • Screenshot_20170812-225158.png
    Screenshot_20170812-225158.png
    106 KB · Views: 410
  • Screenshot_20170812-225347.png
    Screenshot_20170812-225347.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 398
  • Screenshot_20170812-225505.png
    Screenshot_20170812-225505.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 394
  • Screenshot_20170812-225603.png
    Screenshot_20170812-225603.png
    169 KB · Views: 380
  • Screenshot_20170812-225614.png
    Screenshot_20170812-225614.png
    249.5 KB · Views: 376
  • Screenshot_20170812-225637.png
    Screenshot_20170812-225637.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 372
  • Screenshot_20170812-225726.png
    Screenshot_20170812-225726.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 364
  • Screenshot_20170812-225742.png
    Screenshot_20170812-225742.png
    193.1 KB · Views: 368
  • Screenshot_20170812-225749.png
    Screenshot_20170812-225749.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 364
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    InvictaOS is based on LineageOS with some cool extra features. It can be used without any need to have Google application's installed.

Banner_S.png

4.15 is the final build

Code:
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Keep these is mind before you flash

Please read the help thread before you point out issues here. It has been created specifically to help new users to adapt to custom roms easier. Before you post your issue, please check if it has already been reported and if a fix has already been mentioned.

When you post a bug or mention an issue, it is assumed that you are running no additional mods that could cause that bug/issue. If you have made any additional changes, you need to mention that when you mention the bug/issue, else it confuses all users and I waste time looking to a bug that doesn't even exist. (1,2,3) is a classic example of this.

I have given in to frequent complaints of volume being too low on this rom and have restored it to the values found in other roms. That said, I will be in no way responsible if you hurt your ears as a result of the high volume. You have been warned.

Plus users take note. You need to be running an N modem to fix fingerprint issues.

Reliance Jio users, take note. Jio needs mobile data to work. If you change mobile data to a different sim in a dual sim environment, Jio sim will deactivate itself. Its not a bug.

Use Cameringo or builtin snap camera to record video. Video recording with Moto camera doesn't work. HTC camera seems to work the best.

Additional Features

1. Status Bar date
    2. Network Traffic Indicators
    3. Double Tap to sleep on lockscreen
    4. Ambient display battery indicator
    5. Additional QS Tiles
    6. Superuser indicator toggle
    7. Lockscreen charging information
    8. Bluetooth easy toggle
    9. Wifi easy toggle
    10. Toggle to disable suggestions & tile summaries
    11. Unlink notification volume
    12. Pixel navigation bar and animation
    13. Full Substratum OMS theme support
    14. Alarm blocker
    15. Wakelock blocker
    16. Selinux Switch
    17. and more....

Installation procedure

From stock / other custom roms
    1. Plus users have to be on N modem. For models that can't flash N modem, you will have issues with fingerprint registration.
    2. Copy the ROM zip on your phone
    3. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
    4. Backup your phone!
    5. Format/Wipe system, cache, dalvik, data
    6. Flash/Install ROM
    7. Flash/Install Gapps of your choice ( smallest package recommended )
    8. Reboot

Upgrade from previous build
    1. Download the update via OTA app.
    2. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
    3. Format/Wipe only cache, dalvik
    4. Flash/Install ROM
    5. Flash/Install Gapps of your choice ( smallest package recommended ). This step is not a must.
    6. Reboot

Changelog

Changelog for the latest build can be accessed from this link.

Downloads

ROM
    Normal version without HAL3 : Latest build - here || Older builds ( version < 4.5 ) - here / ( version >= 4.5 ) - here
    Modified version with HAL3 : Latest build - here || Older builds - here

GAPPS : Beans GApps Mini || OpenGapps
    RECOVERY : https://goo.gl/u9tNjm

Other important links

Magisk ( MagiskManager app, magisk installer/uninstaller zip's : https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
    LineageSU ( Installer and uninstaller zip's : https://download.lineageos.org/extras
    SuperSU : ( Uninstall using the app ) : http://www.supersu.com/download

ROM review

A review by @1chrome can be accessed from this link.

A video review of the rom can be accessed here. Thank @fr3d0x for this.

Screenshots

Note that the screenshots seen above are not the default look of the ROM. It comes with Pixel UI by default. Screenshots are using Coalfield substratum theme and Retrorika icon pack.

Updates

You will be notified via the OTA app when there is an update.

Known issues

1. App restore using hypershell in Titanium backup doesn't work. Data restore works. Works from v4.14.

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread.
    1. Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    2. If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    3. If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
    What is your--
    Radio (baseband):
    ROM version:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    LOSSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    Dual SIM:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Custom Splash Screen

If you need a custom splash screen with Invicta logo, check this post. Thanks to
    @1chrome for the initiative.

Useful information

1. Some users have reported that they are unable to share screenshots/images from the gallery or filemanager. Though I personally have not come across this issue, if you do have this issue, have a look here for a possible fix.
    2. Please make sure that your DPI under Settings->Display->Display Size is set to default, else motorola camera doesn't seem to work. Users of model xt1622 who have reported camera issues also check if you have made any changes to your dpi. Thanks to @zeomal for pointing this out.
    3. For app sharing applications like xender,shareit etc.. to work, you need to disable mobile data. Check this post.

The team

@Silesh.Nair - Project lead
    @1chrome - UI designer

Credits

Team LineageOS
    ashwin007
    khaoticking
    elandroido
    Others who i have missed intentionally

Sources for Athene

https://bitbucket.org/sileshn/android_device_motorola_athene
    https://bitbucket.org/sileshn/proprietary_vendor_motorola_athene
    https://bitbucket.org/sileshn/android_kernel_motorola_athene

Donations Received

@r1l_Alex_? ( Multiple times, lost count )
    @Mr. Obsolet ( Multiple times, lost count )
    @gavron ( Multiple )
    @strongst
    @guenterm800
    @Retoki
    @alaindupus
    @dercircle
    @echo92
    @Tilagoon
    @kiden
    @bovineyard
    @pastorbob62 ( Multiple )
    @syverman
    @din1316
    @jc1685
    @tomohodak
    Kai Min?en ( Don't know your user name on xda )
    Philip Wehrheim ( Don't know your user name on xda )
    Joao Henrique Queiroz ( Don't know your user name on xda )
    Robert Rhumba ( Don't know your user name on xda )

It's fine to just click Thanks! or enjoy my work without saying anything.
    A donation is to show appreciation of the work I have done already.
    A donation is not by any means in expectation of future work.
    A donation doesn't entitle for preferred/private support/requests.
    A donation is meant as a gift - always appreciated, never required.
    O update

First step towards getting InvictaO is done. Compiled a lineage-15.0 build.

Next is to see if it boots, it not get it to boot, then bug fixes and finally adding back all Invicta features. Lot's of work ahead.
    An update on O.

I have finished all the base work for the ROM. I can add features when required.

I can now concentrate on fixing the device side. Except camera and a couple of FC's(Bluetooth only the first time you boot and MotoActions when you receive calls because of a proximity sensor issue), its performs OK.
    Update on InvictaO

Step 2 done.

Most of the important stuff still doesn't work like RIL, data, gps, camera & fps. Audio, video playback, fm, sensors, bluetooth, vibrator & wifi (partially) are working. Moto actions works too.

I will post a build when the major stuff starts working which is still a long way off. Screenshots attached.
    And we have camera working.....

First official build soon.... :good:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone